Go Back  FlyerTalk Forums > Miles&Points > Discontinued Programs/Partners > American Airlines | AAdvantage (Pre-Consolidation with USAir)
Reload this Page >

Archive: AA Citibank Executive / AAdvantage World Elite MasterCard (& MM poll)

Community
Wiki Posts
Search
View Poll Results: If AA Citi Exec MC purchases no longer count toward Million Miler status after 2012:
Obtained card on/before Nov 30, 2011: I will definitely keep my card - other benefits worth it
7.45%
Obtained card on/before Nov 30, 2011: I will probably keep my card
6.83%
Obtained card on/before Nov 30, 2011: I'm not sure yet if I will keep or cancel my card
14.29%
Obtained card on/before Nov 30, 2011: I will probably cancel my card
16.15%
Obtained card on/before Nov 30, 2011: I will definitely cancel my card - other benefits not worth it
28.57%
Obtained card after Nov 30, 2011: I'm already ineligible for this benefit anyways
4.97%
I'm not a cardholder: I would enroll if this benefit were offered for new cardholders
13.66%
I'm not a cardholder: I would not enroll even if this benefit were offered for new cardholders
1.86%
I'm not a cardholder: I just want to see the poll results
6.21%
Voters: 161. You may not vote on this poll

Archive: AA Citibank Executive / AAdvantage World Elite MasterCard (& MM poll)

Search this Thread

Old Nov 16, 2011, 5:08 pm

Programs: AS MVPG 75K
Originally Posted by firespirit
Then it's not a real Admirals club membership?

What about accessing the Alaska boardroom when flying on American anyone tried this with the card yet?
Search is your friend. Search term "Alaska"

http://www.flyertalk.com/forum/17358393-post841.html
Old Nov 16, 2011, 5:10 pm

Originally Posted by FLgrr
I was asked for my boarding pass. You must be traveling on AA they told me repeatedly (even when I had an AA BP)
They always ask me for my BP, but an AC card or FF card will work, they basically need your FF #. I frequently use the electronic boarding passes on my iphone and in those cases they just ask me my name and FF# to authenticate my membership.

--wes
Old Nov 16, 2011, 9:44 pm

Programs: AA EXP 1.6MM
Originally Posted by wesmanz
They always ask me for my BP, but an AC card or FF card will work, they basically need your FF #. I frequently use the electronic boarding passes on my iphone and in those cases they just ask me my name and FF# to authenticate my membership.

--wes
Originally Posted by alan19
Has anyone been able to get prorated credit for existing AC membership after receiving this card? I thought this was supposed to happen automatically, but haven't seen any credit. (Got card about 2 months ago)
Called A/C; they will prorate your acco
unt in about 12 weeks.
Old Nov 17, 2011, 12:59 pm

So, has anyone been able to get citi to change the statement/due date on their cards at all? I am practically at the end of my rope trying to get citi agents to change it but to no avail. Everytime I call, I hear a different reason why they can't do it, from "system error" to "the system won't let us do it for 6 months after card acquiry date"..

Last edited by rkjflyer1; Nov 17, 2011 at 5:22 pm
Old Nov 17, 2011, 10:33 pm

Programs: AA EXP, Hyatt Globalist
Has anyone tried to enter with just their Aadvantage FF card or number? I imagine this would tell us if it's a true membership tied to our FF #s.
Old Nov 18, 2011, 5:44 am

Originally Posted by rkjflyer1
So, has anyone been able to get citi to change the statement/due date on their cards at all? I am practically at the end of my rope trying to get citi agents to change it but to no avail. Everytime I call, I hear a different reason why they can't do it, from "system error" to "the system won't let us do it for 6 months after card acquiry date"..
I'm having the same experience-- lots of different reasons why they can't do it. If anyone has success with this-- please post details!
Old Nov 18, 2011, 8:00 am

Programs: AA Platinum, AA LT Gold
I know that amounts spent on the giftAAmiles or shareAAmiles programs aren't counted as purchases on American Airlines and most likely won't earn the one additional bonus mile through the AA Exec card. However, are purchases of AA gift cards included? My statement closes in a few days, and it would be nice to purchase some gift cards for future travel, and have those bonus points included in my pre-12/1 LT balance.

Thanks!
Old Nov 18, 2011, 8:09 am

Programs: AA PLT AA 1MM
I was able to change the statement date when I called to activate my new card (it is not an upgrade of my existing card).
Old Nov 18, 2011, 8:56 am

Programs: AA 1,000,000; Continental; Delta; Alitalia; TWA
Yes, I managed to change both the Visa and Amex dates. I received both cards (the 50K, 2.5K spend) late Oct. and when I saw that the statement dates were around 10 Nov. I panicked (as I didn't believe I had the time to get the 2.5 K spend limit in time) and called them up to change. My new statement dates are Nov. 22 and Nov. 28 (though I was originally told I would have to wait for a billing cycle befor the change was made). Conflicting reports though the outcome for me was positive.
Old Nov 18, 2011, 9:06 am

Programs: AA EXP, Hyatt Globalist
Originally Posted by nall
Actually, I was curious about getting into the AC w/ a Citi Executive Card if I was flying on another airline that day.
I just spoke to an Admirals Club customer service agent about this. She said it is indeed a full membership and said I can access "even when flying Delta or United." She used this as an example, as I'm not sure how many Admirals Clubs would be accessible when flying Delta or United, but still good to know...
Old Nov 18, 2011, 10:18 am

Confirmed (with slightly different words) by an AAngel at SFO just now.
Old Nov 18, 2011, 10:26 am

Programs: SPG Gold, AAdvantage
Originally Posted by wesmanz

BTW- I saw previously in the thread that someone said their auth user card did not have the AC logo on it. My card as well as my wifes does have the AC logo.
I wrote that, my husband's card doesn't have the logo, only mine does. Well he lost his auth user card last night so now we won't get to find out if his card would get us into the JFK lounge when we travel this week. I had to cancel both of our cards. I only had them reissue a new one for me for now and will maybe call for one for him next month. We'll see if that one has the logo.
Old Nov 18, 2011, 11:59 am

Programs: AA Lifetime Gold, HH Diamond
Anyone tried to transfer available credit from other Citi Cards to Citi Executive Elite MC? I've got $50,000 I'm not using on another Citi Card so I called to transfer it over. I was told it'll take 10 days to approve. I wasn't asking for a credit increase, just transfer unused credit. But was told same process. Doesn't make much sense.
Old Nov 18, 2011, 1:52 pm

Programs: Mint MM, AA EXP, AS MVPG, HH Diamond, PC Plat, SPG Gold, Marriott Over My Dead Body
Originally Posted by elkhornne
Anyone tried to transfer available credit from other Citi Cards to Citi Executive Elite MC? I've got $50,000 I'm not using on another Citi Card so I called to transfer it over. I was told it'll take 10 days to approve. I wasn't asking for a credit increase, just transfer unused credit. But was told same process. Doesn't make much sense.
I did a transfer of credit limit between accounts and I recall that it wasn't instant, but that it was rather quick. I ended up having to talk to several people because I was told by several people that Citi can't do that by law. A supervisor was able to do it for me though. Maybe they allow themselves 10 days but it occurs quicker than that like it did for me?
Old Nov 18, 2011, 1:59 pm

Programs: 1MM AA - finally
Originally Posted by arctan1701
I did a transfer of credit limit between accounts and I recall that it wasn't instant, but that it was rather quick. I ended up having to talk to several people because I was told by several people that Citi can't do that by law. A supervisor was able to do it for me though. Maybe they allow themselves 10 days but it occurs quicker than that like it did for me?
I love it when phone agents make stuff up... by law... pfffffft.

My credit was transferred upon opening the account. I have 4 other accounts with Citi and I plan on canceling most of them so I asked them to take each of the Advantage cards down to the minimum of $5000 and apply that credit to my new card.

My credit "limit" on the the other cards went down within minutes of that phone conversation but I have not received my new card yet, but it does have the appropriate "limit" per the letter I received.

They've even transferred available credit from my non-Advantage Citi card.

Contact Us - Manage Preferences - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

This site is owned, operated, and maintained by MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Designated trademarks are the property of their respective owners.