Go Back  FlyerTalk Forums > Miles&Points > Discontinued Programs/Partners > American Airlines | AAdvantage (Pre-Consolidation with USAir)
Reload this Page >

Archive: AA Citibank Executive / AAdvantage World Elite MasterCard (& MM poll)

Community
Wiki Posts
Search
View Poll Results: If AA Citi Exec MC purchases no longer count toward Million Miler status after 2012:
Obtained card on/before Nov 30, 2011: I will definitely keep my card - other benefits worth it
7.45%
Obtained card on/before Nov 30, 2011: I will probably keep my card
6.83%
Obtained card on/before Nov 30, 2011: I'm not sure yet if I will keep or cancel my card
14.29%
Obtained card on/before Nov 30, 2011: I will probably cancel my card
16.15%
Obtained card on/before Nov 30, 2011: I will definitely cancel my card - other benefits not worth it
28.57%
Obtained card after Nov 30, 2011: I'm already ineligible for this benefit anyways
4.97%
I'm not a cardholder: I would enroll if this benefit were offered for new cardholders
13.66%
I'm not a cardholder: I would not enroll even if this benefit were offered for new cardholders
1.86%
I'm not a cardholder: I just want to see the poll results
6.21%
Voters: 161. You may not vote on this poll

Archive: AA Citibank Executive / AAdvantage World Elite MasterCard (& MM poll)

Search this Thread

Old Oct 17, 2011, 8:24 pm

Programs: Hyatt Diamond, SPG LT Plat, AA 3MM EXP
Originally Posted by MauiTigerShark
The cost of the card seems to have gone up steeply!

I'm guessing this is a typo

http://www.aa.com/i18n/urls/citiexecutive.jsp
Not seeing it. Says $450 on my end.
Old Oct 17, 2011, 8:31 pm

Programs: AA EXP
Originally Posted by gozetta
Not seeing it. Says $450 on my end.
Hmmm...strange....still says $4508 on my screen

Edited to add: Ahhh...in Safari the small "8" that appears above and to the right of the $450 in other browsers (to refer to point 8 in the T&Cs) is neither small nor above.

Last edited by Stripy; Oct 17, 2011 at 8:35 pm Reason: To clarify the error
Old Oct 17, 2011, 8:52 pm

Programs: Hyatt Diamond, SPG LT Plat, AA 3MM EXP
Originally Posted by teemuflyer
Unfortunately it's not black like the Executive Card, but rather more like the Platinum card, so it would look kind of weird on the back of a black phone.
Agreed. Let's face it, part of the allure of this card is the simple fact it's black so we can all pretend to be high-rollers, or at the least, have something "different." For them to give a dated branding PayPass sticker (which is pretty cool in function) really diminishes the overall experience. After so much $$ was spent on the new box, new brochure, advertising, little cards on the FC meal tray, and exclusive placement in Celebrated Living, seems like they missed branding the coolest, hippest part of the new card.

FWIW, I received mine without asking as well. It's on my iPhone, but obscured by my opaque "free case" Apple bought me after Antennagate.
Old Oct 18, 2011, 9:19 am

Programs: AA LTP; SPG Gold
Originally Posted by teemuflyer
I just received my new plastic since I converted. Along in the box came two "payment tags" (one for me, one for my wife). You're supposed to adhere it to your cell phone and it will allow you to pay with it wherever the MasterCard "PayPass" system is enabled by just tapping your phone next to the POS device. According to the literature it is accepted at places such as Best Buy, Home Deport, 7 Eleven etc.

Unfortunately it's not black like the Executive Card, but rather more like the Platinum card, so it would look kind of weird on the back of a black phone.

Just curious if anyone else has received these tags when getting their card.
I went to the website and it wouldn't even allow me to order payment tags for the Exec Elite. It would allow me to order for my Platinum Elite card, though. My Exec Elite is a new account, not a conversion, so I wonder if that has something to do with it.
Old Oct 18, 2011, 11:42 am

Originally Posted by LoneTree
I declined the conversion since it wouldn't be in effect prior to 12/1. That's why I was trying to apply for a new card instead.
I doubt you could confirm this with Citi or AA (as they may not know themselves) but depending on how the systems ID card tenure a conversion account may be read when the first linked account was open.
Old Oct 18, 2011, 1:48 pm

Programs: AA EXP, EBS GLD, A|Club PLT, CC Silver, HH GLD
Well, I finally bit the bullet and applied for the card...
Old Oct 19, 2011, 11:35 am

Programs: AA Platinum, AA LT Gold
FT masters and geniouses, here are some questions with some of the background included.

I applied for my last Citi Visa card on 8/31, with only one application on this date. I think there is a 60-day waiting period before I could apply for the Exec card. However, most people that refer to this period have applied for 2 cards on the same day. Would this period apply to me as well?

Assuming that my application is approved in the first few days in November, would it be possible to change my due date to some time in the end of November, so that the 25k bonus posts before 12/1? I read that many people have done this, but not sure how it works when it's the first month.

Thank you!
Old Oct 19, 2011, 2:50 pm

Programs: AA 2MM, SPG Gold, HH Diamond
Originally Posted by yminev
FT masters and geniouses, here are some questions with some of the background included.

I applied for my last Citi Visa card on 8/31, with only one application on this date. I think there is a 60-day waiting period before I could apply for the Exec card. However, most people that refer to this period have applied for 2 cards on the same day. Would this period apply to me as well?

Assuming that my application is approved in the first few days in November, would it be possible to change my due date to some time in the end of November, so that the 25k bonus posts before 12/1? I read that many people have done this, but not sure how it works when it's the first month.

Thank you!
I applied in late September, received approval email on 10/5, received card on 10/6. Statement closing date was 10/17 (did not request specific due date) and received spend and bonus miles today, 10/19.
Old Oct 19, 2011, 5:50 pm

Programs: AA Platinum, AA LT Gold
Originally Posted by alan19
I applied in late September, received approval email on 10/5, received card on 10/6. Statement closing date was 10/17 (did not request specific due date) and received spend and bonus miles today, 10/19.
Awesome, thanks a lot, alan19.
Old Oct 19, 2011, 6:53 pm

Just got approved, e-mail said it should arrive in 4-7 days. Sooooo, I'm holding off on a purchase till next week to get the 25,000 mile bonus. Will that be enough time for those bonus miles to get credited before Dec 1 and count towar the million miles ?
Old Oct 19, 2011, 7:00 pm

Programs: AA PLT Pro (2MM), HH DIA, IHG PLT
Originally Posted by fly_n_dive
Just got approved, e-mail said it should arrive in 4-7 days. Sooooo, I'm holding off on a purchase till next week to get the 25,000 mile bonus. Will that be enough time for those bonus miles to get credited before Dec 1 and count towar the million miles ?

Bonus miles are usually posted shortly after the statement date, whatever yours is. Maybe 1-3 days.
Old Oct 19, 2011, 8:24 pm

Originally Posted by Maui Time
Bonus miles are usually posted shortly after the statement date, whatever yours is. Maybe 1-3 days.
Thanks Maui Time. I guess I won't know my statement date till I actually receive the card and activate it. Looks like it'll be close to the Dec 1 deadline but hope I can make it under the wire if the card arrives next week.
Old Oct 20, 2011, 9:54 am

Applied 10/15, got confirmation email 10/18. The email said it was mailed and should be here within 4-7 days. I called customer service to ask because others in here have said they received theirs via UPS either overnight or 2-day, and the agent confirmed the card was sent regular mail on 10/17. Today, 10/20 my AA account was upgraded to the Limited Gold.

I'm hoping the card gets here before the 25th for my next trip.
Old Oct 20, 2011, 10:23 am

Programs: AA EXP (2.2mm), SPG Plat, Accor Plat
Just want to say that I've had the card for a month now, and so far I'm impressed. Used it extensively while in the UK last week with no 3% charge like I get from Amex or other V/MC. Also, when other cards were declined (purchases in the UK or France without notice were declined because the card company thought the card may have been stolen) this one worked just fine.

I don't need the EQMs this year, but might next year to re-qualify for EXP as I won't be traveling much Jan-March.

I've had more than one person look over at the card while I was using it and make a comment like, "that looks like a fancy card" which always cracks me up.
Old Oct 20, 2011, 11:29 am

Programs: AA GLD
baggage fees

I've been following this thread for awhile and certainly interested in getting the card. Just to clarify- this card only waives the first checked bag fee on domestic flights. Doesn't gold status waive two? thanks for sharing.

Contact Us - Manage Preferences - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

This site is owned, operated, and maintained by MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Designated trademarks are the property of their respective owners.