Go Back  FlyerTalk Forums > Miles&Points > Discontinued Programs/Partners > American Airlines | AAdvantage (Pre-Consolidation with USAir)
Reload this Page >

Archive: AA Citibank Executive / AAdvantage World Elite MasterCard (& MM poll)

Community
Wiki Posts
Search
View Poll Results: If AA Citi Exec MC purchases no longer count toward Million Miler status after 2012:
Obtained card on/before Nov 30, 2011: I will definitely keep my card - other benefits worth it
7.45%
Obtained card on/before Nov 30, 2011: I will probably keep my card
6.83%
Obtained card on/before Nov 30, 2011: I'm not sure yet if I will keep or cancel my card
14.29%
Obtained card on/before Nov 30, 2011: I will probably cancel my card
16.15%
Obtained card on/before Nov 30, 2011: I will definitely cancel my card - other benefits not worth it
28.57%
Obtained card after Nov 30, 2011: I'm already ineligible for this benefit anyways
4.97%
I'm not a cardholder: I would enroll if this benefit were offered for new cardholders
13.66%
I'm not a cardholder: I would not enroll even if this benefit were offered for new cardholders
1.86%
I'm not a cardholder: I just want to see the poll results
6.21%
Voters: 161. You may not vote on this poll

Archive: AA Citibank Executive / AAdvantage World Elite MasterCard (& MM poll)

Search this Thread

Old Sep 19, 2011, 5:51 am

Originally Posted by supergrandslam
I am/was not a full-fledged AC member.
Thanks for the report. In what way were you not a full-fledged member?

Figuring out how to enter you in the system (to bill Citi) doesn't make one a non-full-fledged member. One of the major differences with AXP Platinum is no wireless in the AC, if you had wireless its not the same as AXP Platinum (although the AC may process/bill Citi the same way they bill AXP).
Old Sep 19, 2011, 6:35 am

Programs: AA P-Pro, Chase SP, SPG Gold
Originally Posted by sillypainter
Just confirmed a benefit that others might not notice.

You get GOLD status with AA when getting the card.

I am a "noner" and became GOLD this week when I got the card.
I wasn't due to hit Gold until a month from now on segments, but logged in this morning and status changed to Gold (Citi Exec Card due to be delivered today).

I will be crazy happy if the 25% bonus and 500 mile minimum is coming with this early status with my many trips to DFW in the next three weeks!
Old Sep 19, 2011, 3:28 pm

Programs: AA PLT, HHonors DIA
Originally Posted by onesocalkid
I wasn't due to hit Gold until a month from now on segments, but logged in this morning and status changed to Gold (Citi Exec Card due to be delivered today).

I will be crazy happy if the 25% bonus and 500 mile minimum is coming with this early status with my many trips to DFW in the next three weeks!
Add me to the list. Got approved on Friday morning for the card and this morning I'm now Gold. I was nowhere near before. Now stupidly I figured I'd register for that Gold promo that is targeted but that I did NOT get an email for. It didn't reject me registering, but I fully expect this was because of the card although I guess I can't say for sure. But I haven't received an email saying I've made Gold which is something I'd expect with that promo.

I can already select premium seats on a reservation for this week so it's definitely giving a Gold benefit that's not advertised as part of the card.
Old Sep 19, 2011, 4:06 pm

Programs: AA PLT 2MM
Originally Posted by Jimmy28
I can already select premium seats on a reservation for this week so it's definitely giving a Gold benefit that's not advertised as part of the card.
Now wouldn't it be wonderful if instead conveying gold to people who got the card, it was in fact 'up status-ing' people.

*note, I am not trying to start a rumor here (as I don't believe that), just having fun in the discussion about apparent undocumented benefit, it could be our 'founders card' again. I am curious how long the undocumented benefit will last (either by becoming documented, or, seeing the status revoked).
Old Sep 19, 2011, 4:10 pm

Programs: AA PLT 2MM
Originally Posted by wesmanz
You should buy it online beforehand and get the 3k miles bonus. Since it will be pro-rated, getting it cheaper doesn't really matter so I'd go for the bonus miles.

--wes
Thanks for the advice. ^

I am wondering, if I pay by miles for the membership, how they will pro-rate the refund in that case.
Old Sep 19, 2011, 7:01 pm
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Programs: AA 2MM (LT-PLT, PPro for this year)
Originally Posted by thehawk75
Now wouldn't it be wonderful if instead conveying gold to people who got the card, it was in fact 'up status-ing' people.
I'd gladly pay $450/year to upgrade my PLT to EXP, or to pay up my LT GLD to PLT for the year.
Old Sep 20, 2011, 8:28 am

Originally Posted by nkedel
I'd gladly pay $450/year to upgrade my PLT to EXP, or to pay up my LT GLD to PLT for the year.

Without a doubt!

--wes
Old Sep 20, 2011, 8:34 am

Yesterday I stopped by 2 ACs for the 1st time since I became AA exec MC holder.

AC@SFO
It seemed as if AAngel was waiting for the card holder visiting AC. She told me that there was some issues on the card but it solved recently.
All procedure for entering AC went very smoothly and it looked what she expected.

AC@LAX
AAngel also recognized the perks of the card holders but she asked another AAngel for help how to proceed with it as it was her 1st time to do for the card holder.Another AAngel instructed her that the procedure is same as one for Amex plt holder if the holder is primary holder.She also said like "Just hit OK OK OK if you get some error".

A few things came into my mind,
  • The perks for Citi AA exec MC holder may be equivalent to ones for Amex plt, not for full-fledged AC member
  • There may be not so many Citi AA exec holders so far.
  • Although AAngels fully recognize AA exec cards and its perks but some AAngel don't fully understand about how to proceed with it and/or they may misunderstand how to proceed with it.
What were the steps she went through? Asked for ID and FF# ? I'm wondering how/if they know one is primary or not. I assume it's done by the FF#. I've never entered with the Amex Plat so I'm not sure what the SOP for that is either.

--wes
Old Sep 21, 2011, 2:29 pm

Programs: AA EXP, LT Gold
Well, I took the plunge and applied. The website application told me to give Citi a call to get the approval, so I did. I was on the phone with them for about 15 minutes while they were working through the application and they congratulated me on being suckered into sending them a quick $450, ha! I did not attempt to convert my current AA Citi PLT, so I was given the 25K bonus miles without question. Thankfully, keeping the AA Citi PLT did not hurt my credit limit on the Elite card, either.

I decided to cancel my Amex Biz PLT in favor of this one, as the only benefit I was reluctant to lose was the int'l club lounges that I have never used, ha! Hopefully I can find some fun things to buy on the new Elite card before the end of 2012 to help get me to 1M LTM!

Also, when I factored in the $350 for the Amex PLT, and the $85 for the Citi AA PLT, this card did not seem like a bad idea at all. I feel good about hedging my AC privileges against the possibility of AA taking away the Amex PLT entrance privileges in the future, as well.
Old Sep 21, 2011, 3:05 pm

Programs: AA 2MM EXP, UA 1K, DL Silver
Additional bonus offers?

Are there any additional bonus offers for this card, or just the 25K?

Also, are there mileage bonuses on other than airfare?

I've been a regular citi holder for years (never done the churn thing), and an AC member (I'm LT GLD), so this seems like a worthwhile deal, particularly given that it is a full AC membership (so I can bring my family into the AC).
Old Sep 21, 2011, 3:13 pm

Originally Posted by mdavies
Are there any additional bonus offers for this card, or just the 25K?

Also, are there mileage bonuses on other than airfare?

I've been a regular citi holder for years (never done the churn thing), and an AC member (I'm LT GLD), so this seems like a worthwhile deal, particularly given that it is a full AC membership (so I can bring my family into the AC).
- 10K EQM after spending $40K in the first 12 months of membership.
- Double miles on eligible AA purchases - that is all. No spend mileage bonuses on anything else.
- No RDM mileage cap on regular card purchases (e.g. 1 mile for every $1 spent, no cap. These miles do not count towards MM status after 2012, however)

That's the short of the long. Read the rest here: Citi Executive AAdvantage Card
Old Sep 21, 2011, 3:34 pm

Programs: AAdvantage PLT 2.1MM -- Starwood Preferred Guest GLD -- Hilton HHonors GLD
Yesterday I stopped by 2 ACs for the 1st time since I became AA exec MC holder.

AC@SFO
It seemed as if AAngel was waiting for the card holder visiting AC. She told me that there was some issues on the card but it solved recently.
All procedure for entering AC went very smoothly and it looked what she expected.

AC@LAX
AAngel also recognized the perks of the card holders but she asked another AAngel for help how to proceed with it as it was her 1st time to do for the card holder.Another AAngel instructed her that the procedure is same as one for Amex plt holder if the holder is primary holder.She also said like "Just hit OK OK OK if you get some error".

A few things came into my mind,
  • The perks for Citi AA exec MC holder may be equivalent to ones for Amex plt, not for full-fledged AC member
  • There may be not so many Citi AA exec holders so far.
  • Although AAngels fully recognize AA exec cards and its perks but some AAngel don't fully understand about how to proceed with it and/or they may misunderstand how to proceed with it.
I have been to the AC in both DFW (multiple terminals) and BOS. Both recognized me as a full number. Crazy.
Old Sep 21, 2011, 3:58 pm

Programs: AA 2MM EXP, UA 1K, DL Silver
How do I get the pro-rated fee for my AC membership?
Old Sep 21, 2011, 4:03 pm

It seems that it's automatic.

--wes
Old Sep 21, 2011, 4:04 pm

Read further back in this thread, you will find some answers on that.

Contact Us - Manage Preferences - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

This site is owned, operated, and maintained by MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Designated trademarks are the property of their respective owners.