Go Back  FlyerTalk Forums > Miles&Points > Discontinued Programs/Partners > American Airlines | AAdvantage (Pre-Consolidation with USAir)
Reload this Page >

AA Gift Cards - Save 10% @ Costco [only remaining supply left - phasing out]

Community
Wiki Posts
Search

AA Gift Cards - Save 10% @ Costco [only remaining supply left - phasing out]

Search this Thread

Old Sep 20, 2011, 11:25 am

I ended up not using one of these cards I bought and don't have any trips coming up in the near future. Anyone know what Costco's return policy is for gift cards? I've been offering the GC to friends and relatives at the 10% discount but no takers yet.
Old Sep 20, 2011, 11:28 am
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Programs: AA LTG (EXP), Hilton Silver (Dia), Marriott LTP (PP), SPG LTG (P) > MPG LTPP
Costco has a very generous return policy. As long as you have the receipt and the PIN is not exposed, you should be able to return the card.
Old Sep 20, 2011, 12:49 pm

Programs: LT Gold/BA Executive Club/AS MP/Marriott
Originally Posted by wesmanz
I'm very well aware of the intent to keep them out of the hub areas, it was merely wishful thinking on my part.

But thanks for being Captain Obvious for the day.

--wes

Not keeping them in the hub areas isn't completely true. According to a few posts here, Chicagoland area (especially the North Side/North/Northwest Suburbs) have the gift cards.

Last I recall, ORD was a strong AA hub.
Old Sep 20, 2011, 12:54 pm
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Programs: AA EXP, 6MM; BA GLD
Originally Posted by Jacobin777
Not keeping them in the hub areas isn't completely true. According to a few posts here, Chicagoland area (especially the North Side/North/Northwest Suburbs) have the gift cards.

Last I recall, ORD was a strong AA hub.
"Not keeping them in the hub areas" is just another example of people on FT drawing conclusions based on incomplete or inaccurate information.
Old Sep 20, 2011, 12:55 pm
FlyerTalk Evangelist

LAX is certainly one of AA's "cornerstone" cities and LA-area stores were among the first few in the country to get them (Hawthorne and Westlake Village). Now, quite a few of the LA-area Costco stores stock them.
Old Sep 20, 2011, 1:34 pm

Originally Posted by RogerD408
Costco has a very generous return policy. As long as you have the receipt and the PIN is not exposed, you should be able to return the card.
Thank you!
Old Sep 20, 2011, 1:44 pm

Originally Posted by Blumie
"Not keeping them in the hub areas" is just another example of people on FT drawing conclusions based on incomplete or inaccurate information.
Maybe they're referring to fortress hubs like DFW where there is no other real competition.

Does LAX count as a hub? one of the five AA hubs?
Old Sep 25, 2011, 1:36 pm

Programs: UA Gold-MM, AA Gold-MM, F9-Silver, Hyatt Something, Marriott Gold, IHG Plat, Hilton Diamond
I've scanned this thread and haven't seen anyone mention any of the Denver-area Costco locations having them. Seems AA should be super-motivated to sell here!

Anybody seen any around here?
Old Sep 25, 2011, 1:45 pm

Programs: AA,CX, BA, Priority Club, SPG, Hilton
Originally Posted by Blumie
+1
As least I have no problem buying them in NYC, Rego Park, Queens to be exact.
Old Sep 26, 2011, 7:24 pm

Programs: AA Platinum
Anybody know where you can check the balance left on a AA gift card?
Old Sep 26, 2011, 7:37 pm

Programs: AA EXP
Originally Posted by Frasier9
Anybody know where you can check the balance left on a AA gift card?
Here

https://giftcards.aa.com/checkBalanceCustomer.jsp
Old Sep 26, 2011, 7:49 pm

Programs: Marriott Bonvoy Ambassador, AA EXP
Originally Posted by FWAAA
LAX is certainly one of AA's "cornerstone" cities and LA-area stores were among the first few in the country to get them (Hawthorne and Westlake Village). Now, quite a few of the LA-area Costco stores stock them.
They are likely to appear in LAX, NYC and ORD because while these are AA hubs, these markets are very competitive. It's DFW and MIA that don't seem to have any gift cards around, and AA has a fortress operation there.
Old Sep 26, 2011, 11:05 pm

Programs: LT Gold/BA Executive Club/AS MP/Marriott
The Costco on 1709 Automation Parkway, San Jose does not have them.
Old Sep 26, 2011, 11:26 pm

Programs: AA EXP; Hyatt Diamond; SPG Gold
Originally Posted by RogerD408
I tried returning them a few days ago. They were unexposed and I had a receipt and it was slightly problematic. They tried calling AA to verify the balance, however AA wouldn't give them the balance. They seemed unwilling to return them. Long story short, needed to return them to put them on a different card. They did it (returned the purchase to my one card and allowed me to purchase the same GCs with a different CC) begrudgingly and requiring a manager.

Last edited by folex386; Sep 29, 2011 at 2:10 pm
Old Sep 29, 2011, 1:14 am

Programs: AA EXP MM, Hyatt Globalist, Bonvoy Titanium
Originally Posted by tusphotog
Just a heads up, the Costco on Rengstorff in Mountain View, CA has the cards. I stopped in there on Tuesday 7/12 and they had a bunch.
FYI I picked up 5 cards tonight 9/28 from Mountain View Costco. The checkout person reminded me to just bring one of the paper cardboards and ask for as many as I wanted during checkout. ^

Contact Us - Manage Preferences - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

This site is owned, operated, and maintained by MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Designated trademarks are the property of their respective owners.