Go Back  FlyerTalk Forums > Miles&Points > Discontinued Programs/Partners > American Airlines | AAdvantage (Pre-Consolidation with USAir)
Reload this Page >

AA Gift Cards - Save 10% @ Costco [only remaining supply left - phasing out]

Community
Wiki Posts
Search

AA Gift Cards - Save 10% @ Costco [only remaining supply left - phasing out]

Search this Thread

Old Jun 20, 2011, 9:28 am

Originally Posted by rfrost
I bought far more than 8 at Pentagon City without problem. I believe the only limit on the quantity purchased is the store's inventory and one's own finances.
This seems to be a store-by-store variation. As I've now been to 3 diff Costcos, and 2 enforced the 8 purchase limit, and one never heard of it.
Old Jun 20, 2011, 7:32 pm
jss

Programs: UA 1P (1MM), AA PLT (2MM)
Now in Chicago

The Glenview IL store just received them today. I was told they got 200 and there were only 20 or so left at 7pm. They expect another 250 in the next day or two.

Store employee told me they were test store for this area. A greeter at the registers who pushes the executive memberships was also asking those waiting in line if they fly AA and then was showing them the laminated info sheets on them.
Old Jun 20, 2011, 7:40 pm

Programs: QR Plat, NZ*E, LT AA Plat, LT Bonvoy Plat + countless others
I wonder how much cash AA is raising by promoting gift cards at a discount through channels like Costco. I remember when Starbucks launched their card it took them 6 months or so to accrue a $400mm float from customers...
Old Jun 20, 2011, 7:43 pm
In Memoriam, FlyerTalk Evangelist

Programs: Alaska MVP Gold 75K, AA 3.8MM, UA 1.1MM, enjoying the retired life
They might raise enough cash to buy the 500 A320s mentioned in another thread
Old Jun 20, 2011, 8:09 pm

Was back at the Issaquah Costco tonight and I was mistaken - the sign says maximum 8 per redemption (not per person). I asked how many they had left and they indicated 181. They also said nobody picked up any today so guessing they won't sell out any time soon.
Old Jun 21, 2011, 12:32 pm

AA GC

Any idea if available in Maryland (Gaithersburg store)
Old Jun 21, 2011, 6:38 pm

Programs: AA EXP, Hyatt Diamond, Hilton Diamond, any other status I can get via credit card
Originally Posted by silvermaple
I called the Costco in Southlake, TX 3 days ago and was told they did not carry it. Also, no plans of getting it in the near future as well. :-(
I called Southlake, Tx today. No cards and no info. Lady was very nice...said "you would have thought we would have them since this is where AA is based"
Old Jun 21, 2011, 10:04 pm

Programs: UA
just came back from Redwood City, they had 300 in stock, I purchased 5 with my Fidelity Amex 2%. In retrospect, if I go back, I should upgrade my membership to executive first to get the extra 2%.
Old Jun 22, 2011, 10:55 pm

Programs: Alaska LTG, HHonors-Gld, IHG-Dia, LT MR Ti
I was at Costco Seattle today, they had a boat load of them.

I first called Kent store, nada.. she check the computer- none in Federal Way, Tacoma, Tukwila, and Olympia.

I bought four, didn't want to max out at 8. Having $2,400 work of AA credit isn't bad for $2,160.

My friend is an AA EXP, makes our trip to LHR a little sweeter!
Old Jun 23, 2011, 4:56 pm

Programs: AA LTPlt,DL Silv,SPG Gld,HH Diamond,Mar Silv,IHG Gld
Chicago area

I purchased them in Glenview and was told they are only available at 2 area stores Glenview and Oakbrook
Old Jun 24, 2011, 12:55 am

I am sorry, maybe I am missing something here. These are AA certificates at 10% off. So 10% off a AA Plane ticket at retail on AA Website is that great? I mean it might seem good to the non-flyertalk audience but why are they so popular? Am I missing a transfer or something?
Old Jun 24, 2011, 1:00 am

Programs: AA EXP 3MM
Originally Posted by cazic99
Am I missing a transfer or something?
10% off the final payment after any other discount has been applied seems pretty good to me. Still get any cc miles for the purchase. The only thing you miss out on, as far as I can tell, is the cc travel insurance cover.
Old Jun 24, 2011, 6:56 am

Programs: AA Gold, HH Gold
Was at the San Antonio Costco yesterday (on UTSA Blvd.) and they had none.
Old Jun 24, 2011, 7:01 am

Programs: AA EXP, AA LT Gold, SPG Plat 75
Originally Posted by beerup
10% off the final payment after any other discount has been applied seems pretty good to me. Still get any cc miles for the purchase. The only thing you miss out on, as far as I can tell, is the cc travel insurance cover.
What if you paid the last couple dollars on a credit card?
Old Jun 24, 2011, 7:20 am

Programs: AA EXP 3MM
Originally Posted by Phasers
What if you paid the last couple dollars on a credit card?
I was wondering the same thing. As far as I recall the insurance works as long as the cc pays part of the ticket. Maybe others will correct me if I'm wrong. Personally, based on how often I utilize the insurance (i.e. never), the 10% off is a better deal for me anyway.

Contact Us - Manage Preferences - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

This site is owned, operated, and maintained by MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Designated trademarks are the property of their respective owners.