Go Back  FlyerTalk Forums > Miles&Points > Discontinued Programs/Partners > American Airlines | AAdvantage (Pre-Consolidation with USAir)
Reload this Page >

ANC / LAX / PDX / SEA AS Alaska Board Room access for Admirals Club Members (archive)

Community
Wiki Posts
Search
Old Feb 17, 2014, 7:10 pm
FlyerTalk Forums Expert How-Tos and Guides
Last edit by: Microwave
This thread is now archived and has been replaced with a new thread discussing the current access scheme:
Admirals Club / AC members' access to Alaska Airlines / AS Board Room (consolidated)

On November 7, 2014, the LAX Alaska Airlines® Board Room was added to AA flyers / AC members:

Originally Posted by jkazski
Went to the LAX AS Boardroom today. Sign outside the elevators now says AA/US club members welcome.
Originally Posted by MAH4546
Yup. Board Room access rules changed today.

All clubs: Access for all AC members with same day ticket (or redeye arrival) on AA, US or AS.

LAX only: Access for Plat/EXP flying international (AA definition) and AA customers flying international or to/from MIA/JFK in first/business (in other words, same lounge access rules as if it were a OW lounge). This special rule for LAX is no doubt because of AA's long-term lease of space at T6.
On May 26, 2011, AA sent out an official email announcing this agreement

http://www.aa.com/i18n/urls/ACExpandAccess.jsp

"Member Access to Select Alaska Airlines® Board Rooms

Your Admirals Club (and now US Airways Club) membership now extends your lounge access benefits beyond the network of 42 Admirals Club locations and 37 Qantas Club locations to include three more cities as part of a new arrangement with Alaska Airlines. You now have access to Alaska Airlines Board Room locations in Seattle, WA; Portland, OR; and Anchorage, AK when presenting a valid Admirals Club (or US Airways Club) membership card along with a same day ticket/boarding pass on a flight operated and marketed by American Airlines (or US Airways). Additionally, two guests or immediate family members traveling with you are welcome at no additional charge. Note: Citi AAdvantage Executive card confers full Admirals Club membership to the primary (not subsidiary) cardholder; most, if not all, cards have the Admirals Club title and emblem on the reverse side of the card.

Airport and Location
. . . ● Anchorage International Airport (ANC): Concourse C, near Gate C1
. . . ● Portland International Airport (PDX): Concourse C, next to Gate C4
. . . ● Seattle/Tacoma International Airport (SEA): Just beyond the Central Security Checkpoint

Through our new expanded lounge access program, Admirals Club members now enjoy the ability to visit Alaska Airlines Board Room locations when traveling through these three cities.

More recently: "Must present Admirals Club or US Airways Club membership card (or 30 Day Membership receipt) and boarding pass for same day travel on AA or US marketed and operated flight*.

*Flight sold with AA or US flight number and flown on AA or US aircraft." (aa.com)

NOTE: AS is not a oneworld member, nor affiliate; oneworld lounge access rules are not pertinent. Class of service access rules to Admirals Clubs also do not pertain to this AA-AS agreement.

Alaska Airlines is a registered trademark of Alaska Air Group, Inc."

Alaska Airlines Board Room Hours and Locations
Print Wikipost

ANC / LAX / PDX / SEA AS Alaska Board Room access for Admirals Club Members (archive)

Search this Thread

Old May 12, 2011, 5:00 pm
Original Poster

Programs: DL-MM/FC/FO AA-EXP/MM Starwood-Platinum Marriott-Platinum Hilton-Gold Hyatt-Diamond

I thought this deserved a new thread for attention. Feel free to move it to the consolidated thread if I posted incorrectly

Flying AA out of SEA today. Just joined The Admirals Club today with the new promotion. Was told by AA that there was still no reciprocal agreement with Alaska Boardroom.

I wandered in anyway and:

"Are you flying on AA or AS today"
AA
"Ok, I need to see your card and boarding pass. If you are an Admirals Club member flying on AS you cannot use the club but if you are flying AA you can."

She pulled out a formal log with headings for AA flight number, name, member number, guests, etc.

I asked how long this has been in effect and she said, "less than one month."

My apologies if this has been posted as my search didn't return information on it.

TW

Last edited by JDiver; Feb 17, 2014 at 7:12 pm Reason: move mod note to wikipost and restore OP
Old May 12, 2011, 5:07 pm

Programs: AA-LTP, HH-DIA, Marriott-LT+AMB, Hyatt-Globalist, Hertz-PC, UA-GS
That's interesting. I didn't know about that one either. Thanks!
Originally Posted by Tolarian Wind
I thought this deserved a new thread for attention. Feel free to move it to the consolidated thread if I posted incorrectly

Flying AA out of SEA today. Just joined The Admirals Club today with the new promotion. Was told by AA that there was still no reciprocal agreement with Alaska Boardroom.

I wandered in anyway and:

"Are you flying on AA or AS today"
AA
"Ok, I need to see your card and boarding pass. If you are an Admirals Club member flying on AS you cannot use the club but if you are flying AA you can."

She pulled out a formal log with headings for AA flight number, name, member number, guests, etc.

I asked how long this has been in effect and she said, "less than one month."

My apologies if this has been posted as my search didn't return information on it.

TW
Old May 12, 2011, 5:09 pm
brp
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Programs: AA EXP, BA Silver, Hyatt Globalist, Hilton diamond, Marriott Platinum
Was there any indication of whether this reciprocal agreement exists in other Boardroom-only places, like PDX?

(Of course, I'm usually flying AS when I go there, so it wouldn't apply, but good to know anyway.)

Cheers.
Old May 12, 2011, 5:14 pm

Makes sense, I wonder why this wasn't in effect before. You would think it works both ways - Currently, for AS Board Room members to use the permitted Admirals Club, you must show proof of same day travel on Alaska.
Old May 12, 2011, 5:14 pm
Moderator: Alaska Mileage Plan

This rumor is consistent with earlier speculation about AA and AS getting a bit cozier.

If true, the SEA BR is in for some unprecedented crowding.
Old May 12, 2011, 5:28 pm
Original Poster

Programs: DL-MM/FC/FO AA-EXP/MM Starwood-Platinum Marriott-Platinum Hilton-Gold Hyatt-Diamond
UPDATE

Seattle/Portland/Anchorage Board Rooms only.

2 guests permitted or immediate family

TW
Old May 12, 2011, 5:39 pm
Moderator: Alaska Mileage Plan

Originally Posted by Tolarian Wind
Seattle/Portland/Anchorage Board Rooms only.

2 guests permitted or immediate family
Thanks for the updated info.
Old May 12, 2011, 5:45 pm

Programs: AA EXP 3MM
I presume this applies to Admiral's Club members only and not PLT/EXPs flying on an international itinerary. Since it doesn't seem to be documented yet I guess we won't know until someone tries. I will be on an AA international itinerary out of SEA on Saturday (EXP, AC nonmember), so I will give it a try unless anyone knows it's not allowed for sure.
Old May 12, 2011, 5:52 pm
HNL
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Wirelessly posted (Mozilla/5.0 (iPhone; U; CPU iPhone OS 4_2_1 like Mac OS X; en-us) AppleWebKit/533.17.9 (KHTML, like Gecko) Version/5.0.2 Mobile/8C148 Safari/6533.18.5)

Originally Posted by beerup
I presume this applies to Admiral's Club members only and not PLT/EXPs flying on an international itinerary. Since it doesn't seem to be documented yet I guess we won't know until someone tries. I will be on an AA international itinerary out of SEA on Saturday (EXP, AC nonmember), so I will give it a try unless anyone knows it's not allowed for sure.
Don't hold your breath
Old May 12, 2011, 6:00 pm

Programs: AS MVPG 75K
Hmm, this makes the AC membership deal seem a lot sweeter for me... I think I'll pull the trigger on this after all.
Old May 12, 2011, 6:03 pm

Programs: AA PLT Pro 2MM, DL Gold, UA Silver, Marriott Ambassador + LT Plat, COFC Venture X, HHonors Diamond
Surely AmericanAirlines will be along shortly with intelligent answers to our questions
Old May 12, 2011, 6:12 pm

Programs: AA EXP 3MM
Originally Posted by HNL
Don't hold your breath
Trust me - I wasn't!
Old May 12, 2011, 6:20 pm

Programs: AA EXP 3MM, DL GM, Marriott Platinum
This is great news for AA travelers in the northwest.
Old May 12, 2011, 6:58 pm
Original Poster

UPDATE

No Platinum/EXP on international travel.

You must be a card carrying Admirals Club member flying on AA. Card and boarding pass are required.

TW
Old May 12, 2011, 7:21 pm

Programs: AA EXP, SPG PLT, FPC PLT, Hyatt Gold Passport Diamond
I am traveling to JFK to LAX to SEA end of May. Bought ticket on AA.com, but LAX to SEA is code-share flight of AA operated by AS. I am member of AC. Am I allowed to use BR when return from SEA to LAX to JFK under this new reciprocal arrangement?

Contact Us - Manage Preferences - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

This site is owned, operated, and maintained by MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Designated trademarks are the property of their respective owners.