FlyerTalk Forums

FlyerTalk Forums (https://www.flyertalk.com/forum/index.php)
-   American Airlines | AAdvantage (Pre-Consolidation with USAir) (https://www.flyertalk.com/forum/american-airlines-aadvantage-pre-consolidation-usair-445/)
-   -   ANC / LAX / PDX / SEA AS Alaska Board Room access for Admirals Club Members (archive) (https://www.flyertalk.com/forum/american-airlines-aadvantage-pre-consolidation-usair/1214922-anc-lax-pdx-sea-alaska-board-room-access-admirals-club-members-archive.html)

Tolarian Wind May 12, 2011 5:00 pm

ANC / LAX / PDX / SEA AS Alaska Board Room access for Admirals Club Members (archive)

I thought this deserved a new thread for attention. Feel free to move it to the consolidated thread if I posted incorrectly

Flying AA out of SEA today. Just joined The Admirals Club today with the new promotion. Was told by AA that there was still no reciprocal agreement with Alaska Boardroom.

I wandered in anyway and:

"Are you flying on AA or AS today"
AA
"Ok, I need to see your card and boarding pass. If you are an Admirals Club member flying on AS you cannot use the club but if you are flying AA you can."

She pulled out a formal log with headings for AA flight number, name, member number, guests, etc.

I asked how long this has been in effect and she said, "less than one month."

My apologies if this has been posted as my search didn't return information on it.

TW

chanp May 12, 2011 5:07 pm

That's interesting. I didn't know about that one either. Thanks!

Originally Posted by Tolarian Wind (Post 16375892)
I thought this deserved a new thread for attention. Feel free to move it to the consolidated thread if I posted incorrectly

Flying AA out of SEA today. Just joined The Admirals Club today with the new promotion. Was told by AA that there was still no reciprocal agreement with Alaska Boardroom.

I wandered in anyway and:

"Are you flying on AA or AS today"
AA
"Ok, I need to see your card and boarding pass. If you are an Admirals Club member flying on AS you cannot use the club but if you are flying AA you can."

She pulled out a formal log with headings for AA flight number, name, member number, guests, etc.

I asked how long this has been in effect and she said, "less than one month."

My apologies if this has been posted as my search didn't return information on it.

TW

brp May 12, 2011 5:09 pm

Was there any indication of whether this reciprocal agreement exists in other Boardroom-only places, like PDX?

(Of course, I'm usually flying AS when I go there, so it wouldn't apply, but good to know anyway.)

Cheers.

jimmayz May 12, 2011 5:14 pm

Makes sense, I wonder why this wasn't in effect before. You would think it works both ways - Currently, for AS Board Room members to use the permitted Admirals Club, you must show proof of same day travel on Alaska.

dayone May 12, 2011 5:14 pm

This rumor is consistent with earlier speculation about AA and AS getting a bit cozier.

If true, the SEA BR is in for some unprecedented crowding.

Tolarian Wind May 12, 2011 5:28 pm

UPDATE

Seattle/Portland/Anchorage Board Rooms only.

2 guests permitted or immediate family

TW

dayone May 12, 2011 5:39 pm

Originally Posted by Tolarian Wind (Post 16376017)
Seattle/Portland/Anchorage Board Rooms only.

2 guests permitted or immediate family

Thanks for the updated info.

beerup May 12, 2011 5:45 pm

I presume this applies to Admiral's Club members only and not PLT/EXPs flying on an international itinerary. Since it doesn't seem to be documented yet I guess we won't know until someone tries. I will be on an AA international itinerary out of SEA on Saturday (EXP, AC nonmember), so I will give it a try unless anyone knows it's not allowed for sure.

HNL May 12, 2011 5:52 pm

Wirelessly posted (Mozilla/5.0 (iPhone; U; CPU iPhone OS 4_2_1 like Mac OS X; en-us) AppleWebKit/533.17.9 (KHTML, like Gecko) Version/5.0.2 Mobile/8C148 Safari/6533.18.5)

Originally Posted by beerup
I presume this applies to Admiral's Club members only and not PLT/EXPs flying on an international itinerary. Since it doesn't seem to be documented yet I guess we won't know until someone tries. I will be on an AA international itinerary out of SEA on Saturday (EXP, AC nonmember), so I will give it a try unless anyone knows it's not allowed for sure.

Don't hold your breath

BrewerSEA May 12, 2011 6:00 pm

Hmm, this makes the AC membership deal seem a lot sweeter for me... I think I'll pull the trigger on this after all.

AAerSTL May 12, 2011 6:03 pm

Surely AmericanAirlines will be along shortly with intelligent answers to our questions

beerup May 12, 2011 6:12 pm

Originally Posted by HNL (Post 16376117)
Don't hold your breath

Trust me - I wasn't!

fastflyer May 12, 2011 6:20 pm

This is great news for AA travelers in the northwest.

Tolarian Wind May 12, 2011 6:58 pm

UPDATE

No Platinum/EXP on international travel.

You must be a card carrying Admirals Club member flying on AA. Card and boarding pass are required.

TW

1stClassFamily May 12, 2011 7:21 pm

I am traveling to JFK to LAX to SEA end of May. Bought ticket on AA.com, but LAX to SEA is code-share flight of AA operated by AS. I am member of AC. Am I allowed to use BR when return from SEA to LAX to JFK under this new reciprocal arrangement?