Community
Wiki Posts
Search

Public evidence of possible changes to Million Miler Program?

Search this Thread

Old May 4, 2011, 4:56 pm

Programs: AA PLT 1.973M
Originally Posted by WestLA-FF
Touch My Account at the bottom of the app. Then touch "manage my account", type in your FFN and PW, and then login. The next screen has the Million Miler Balance ** line. Though, the whole screen has no info on it.
Thanks! I now see information as stated from the mobile site! Regards
Old May 4, 2011, 4:58 pm

Programs: AA PLT 2MM
Originally Posted by dyrewolf31
Depending on the particulars of the new Million Miler Program rules, I'm guessing that, at the very least, SPG transfers won't count, and it's likely that even Citi mileage won't either. If that latter turns out to be false, that's easy, I will just do my spending on my Citi card (and swallow the loss of the 25% transfer bonus). If that latter proves true, it will take me probably the rest of my adult life to hit 2MM with BIS miles.

So do I just bite the bullet and decide I'm LT GLD, and use the SPG points for hotel stays in the future (unless I need them for award flights)? Curious what others in a similar position are planning on.
I'm doing absolutely nothing, and making no decisions on what bullets to bite until the official word is announced. I am quite confident that the information given by JoNYC is quite accurate, and we will in fact have time (whether 2 months or give or take) to formulate our best plans (and what bullets to bite) when the official announcement is made:

http://www.travelingbetter.com/forum...ead.php?t=4922

I see no reason to pop my SPG cherry at this point.
Old May 4, 2011, 6:17 pm

Programs: AA 1MM
I am also wondering if AA has a "premium" mileage earning credit card in the works the way CO and DL do (that costs several hundred dollars a year instead of $85), in which case it might make sense to offer certain bonuses such as first xxx miles are also EQM and mileage earned from the card counts towards MM.
Old May 4, 2011, 7:02 pm

Thanks for the Android tip - A change does seem to be coming

Originally Posted by billgrates3
FYI -- On Android phones, if you follow the steps listed earlier, you get the same info, but only when the AA app redirects you to the mobile.aa.com using the phone's browser.
Thanks to the OP for the tip, this is the first time I understood where to look for the "Million Miler" reference using the AA app on my Android 2.2 phone.

This does seem to confirm that there are some "planned changes" to which miles count towards Million Miler status.

However, the sentence displayed in green appears to confirm that any mileage credited up to a certain date will be counted towards Million Miler status and the combined total will be shown on your statement.

I think AA will give 6 months notice before this change is implemented. AA may be planning on a 01 January 2012 effective date, which would allow them to announce the changes in June 2011.

This would give any members who were close to crossing the threshold fair warning of the changes and AA time to complete the transition to the new way of calculating Million Miler status.

soccer
Old May 4, 2011, 7:07 pm

Programs: AA EXP, UA Premier Plat, Alaska MVP Gold, HHonors Diamond, SPG Platinum, Hyatt Platinum
And of course Maya Leibman dodges the question over at MP's chat with her and her team about the AAdvantage program... so much for any real answers on this, the 30th anniversary of the program. Way to go, AA.

7:03
Mikel: This question was submitted by Tudor:
Are there any plans to modify or cancel the million miles program? Will all lifetime miles earned (bonus, credit card, and miles flown) continue to be counted towards earning the million miles AA Gold for Life status? Thanks.
7:04
Randy Petersen: Good first question.... and the answer is?
Maya: We had an office pool going to see if this would be the first question we received. Looks like Wanna won $10! And as certain as we were that you’d ask this question, I’m sure you were equally certain that there is limited information we can share…
Maya:
What I can say is that if we decide to make changes to the program, we commit to clearly communicate to our members and provide as much advance notice as possible.
Old May 4, 2011, 7:18 pm

Programs: AA EXP; Hyatt Diamond; SPG Gold
Originally Posted by mreed911
And of course Maya Leibman dodges the question over at MP's chat with her and her team about the AAdvantage program... so much for any real answers on this, the 30th anniversary of the program. Way to go, AA.
Yeah, but she couldn't really divulge anything until they had it all worked out? Who knows, they may still be figuring things out.
Old May 4, 2011, 7:33 pm
LCS

Programs: AA EXP 5MM
Originally Posted by JumboD
I am also wondering if AA has a "premium" mileage earning credit card in the works the way CO and DL do (that costs several hundred dollars a year instead of $85), in which case it might make sense to offer certain bonuses such as first xxx miles are also EQM and mileage earned from the card counts towards MM.
I suspect we will see a credit card that will allow you to earn EQMs which will be part of the change. I have heard it those that end up with 85K or so EQMs per year and have high CC spend on a new AA CC will like the change.
Old May 4, 2011, 8:01 pm

Programs: AS MVPG 75K
If Changes Are Made, Current MM balances will be retained

As per AAdvantage President Maya Leibman on the Milepoint live chat:

8:00
Maya: Well, in order to protect Stacey's email address (and get my mom off your back): IF we did make any changes to Million Miler the miles you've earned so far will still count.

How's that for juicy?
It's great to hear confirmation, but I think most of us were expecting this.

/my bold
Old May 4, 2011, 8:02 pm

Programs: AA EXP, AA LT Gold, SPG Plat 75
8:00 Maya: Well, in order to protect Stacey's email address (and get my mom off your back): IF we did make any changes to Million Miler the miles you've earned so far will still count.
JUICY!!!!

damnit brewer, you beat me by 10 sec
Old May 4, 2011, 8:05 pm

Programs: SPG PLAT, AA Plat (2MM), BA, UA/CO
She did say this:

"IF we did make any changes to Million Miler the miles you've earned so far will still count."

xlax
Old May 4, 2011, 8:05 pm

Originally Posted by Phasers
JUICY!!!!

damnit brewer, you beat me by 10 sec
I thought it likely that someone would beat me to the punch
Old May 4, 2011, 8:10 pm

Programs: AA EXP, UA Premier Plat, Alaska MVP Gold, HHonors Diamond, SPG Platinum, Hyatt Platinum
Originally Posted by xlax
She did say this:

"IF we did make any changes to Million Miler the miles you've earned so far will still count."

xlax
To which I reply "No feces, Sherlock."

Very disappointing - I thought Randy was better than this. Just proves how much of a joke MP is, and how AA doesn't really care about espousing the extended value of their program.
Old May 4, 2011, 8:13 pm
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Programs: AA EXP / LT PLT / 3MM, Marriott LT Gold
Originally Posted by soccerpapi
This does seem to confirm that there are some "planned changes" to which miles count towards Million Miler status.

However, the sentence displayed in green appears to confirm that any mileage credited up to a certain date will be counted towards Million Miler status and the combined total will be shown on your statement.

I think AA will give 6 months notice before this change is implemented. AA may be planning on a 01 January 2012 effective date, which would allow them to announce the changes in June 2011.
Have you been in Antarctica for the last few weeks?
Old May 4, 2011, 8:19 pm

Just proves how much of a joke MP is
I'll have to admit I'm pretty underwhelmed with MP so far, and this chat is further evidence. Such a cool idea to have a live chat with Maya Leibman, but the content was over moderated and Randy Petersen's lame interjections were tiring...
Old May 4, 2011, 9:02 pm

Location: DFW, 3.5 MM, AA EXP, LIFETIME PLATINUM, MARRIOTT LIFETIME PLATINUM, STARWOOD AMBASSADOR 223 NIGHTS, AND LIFETIME GOLD, HILTON DIAMOND, NATIONAL EXECUTIVE ELITE
I found the chat very disappointing.

The answers were right out of a book, and, frankly - boring.

I thought she could have at least said that current Lifetime Glds and PLTs will be protected even if the Million Miler program changes.

Contact Us - Manage Preferences - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

This site is owned, operated, and maintained by MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Designated trademarks are the property of their respective owners.