Go Back  FlyerTalk Forums > Miles&Points > Discontinued Programs/Partners > American Airlines | AAdvantage (Pre-Consolidation with USAir)
Reload this Page >

Promo: Complimentary* Roundtrip Ticket From LAX (or some other), Our Gift To You

Community
Wiki Posts
Search

Promo: Complimentary* Roundtrip Ticket From LAX (or some other), Our Gift To You

Search this Thread

Old Apr 12, 2011, 11:45 am

Flight Promo

Based in LA, current EXPLAT and didn't get the deal...anyone else?
Old Apr 12, 2011, 11:55 am

NYC / LAX based EXP did not get it. If anyone has an extra code they are not using would be of interest!
Old Apr 12, 2011, 12:18 pm

Originally Posted by yiggiddy
Details of the deal explicitly state nonstop flight. How exactly are you planning to get DEQM via DFW?
There is a whole thread about this. It doesn't have to be nonstop from LAX to IAH.
Old Apr 12, 2011, 12:40 pm
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Originally Posted by FlyMeToTheLooneyBin
There is a whole thread about this. It doesn't have to be nonstop from LAX to IAH.
There is a whole thread about double EQMs flying LAX-DFW and DFW-SFO

This thread, the one you are in right now, is about free Eagle tickets to targetted EXP's to and from LAX to selected cities.

The two offers are completely incompatible. One requires flying a mainline thru DFW the other flying direct on Eagle.
Old Apr 12, 2011, 12:42 pm

Programs: AA PLAT - 1MM; HH, Marriott
SNA based EXP, got the promotion. For those familiar with IAH, is 40 minutes enough time for turnaround on MR?
Old Apr 12, 2011, 12:45 pm

Programs: ex AA EXP now a Free Soul
Originally Posted by flightpath844
Exactly! We just got a free flight for our teenage daughter going this summer on a language study abroad out of LAX with IBERIA (YES, the direct flight) That's a $1750 retail value. Special incentive from the Spanish ministry of Education! ^ Don't think I can post the details here without being flagged. Send me a message if you want the info!
For those of you asking me for a free ticket to Spain, please not that
- I am not related to any travel agency or airline
- This offer is good for teens (14-17) enrolling in a language program in Spain next July
- Valid only on LAX-MAD direct route ($ discounts apply I believe on other routes)

Just thought I would post that out there last night as we frankly heard about that program by chance through my daughter's Spanish teacher. But if you ask me Iberia is doing a lot of good PR work and a free flight is always good to grab!
Old Apr 12, 2011, 1:28 pm

Originally Posted by VickiSoCal
There is a whole thread about double EQMs flying LAX-DFW and DFW-SFO

This thread, the one you are in right now, is about free Eagle tickets to targetted EXP's to and from LAX to selected cities.

The two offers are completely incompatible. One requires flying a mainline thru DFW the other flying direct on Eagle.
Yes. I understand. I just found this out just now.

So, I tried to book mainline through DFW last night on AA.com and it went through. So when I posted that message earlier this morning, I was still set on getting the double EQM. However, I just got a call this morning (just now) from AA.com saying they're canceling the ticket and I have to fly non-stops on AE, so it's not eligible anymore.

The promo codes don't say it has to be nonstop when you look up the details of the code.

As of last night, not many knew of the promotion, and this morning, they said that they were getting quite a few calls about this and fixing a bunch of reservations. As of last night, you couldn't book a same-day turn online and had to call in. I don't about the state today.
Old Apr 12, 2011, 1:38 pm
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Well, I can't book anything because I'm coming up pretty much nill on O fares and am running out of patience plugging thru one date/desitnation at a time.
Old Apr 12, 2011, 2:26 pm

Programs: AA EXP 1.5MM, Asiana Club Silver, KE Morning Calm, Hyatt Platinum, Amtrak Select
LAX EXP and got nada on this

I could use one to get to SLC if anyone has one to spare?
Old Apr 12, 2011, 2:30 pm

Originally Posted by VickiSoCal
Well, I can't book anything because I'm coming up pretty much nill on O fares and am running out of patience plugging thru one date/desitnation at a time.
I used ExpertFlyer to check availability, because even AA.com wasn't consistent. There would be occasions I would check a schedule and not see it as having O availability, but EF would show it. My first call to AA.com showed me that EF was right, and it not appearing on AA.com was inaccurate.

When I checked this morning, there was lots of O inventory for LAX-IAH on many dates, so don't give up hope! AA.com must just be messing with your mind.
Old Apr 12, 2011, 2:52 pm

Love to PLTs?

Any PLTs got the offer? If so, being in Torrance, I hope they will be sending the freebie to PLTs.
Old Apr 12, 2011, 8:41 pm

Programs: AA - EXP 2MM+, Marriott PLT, UA, National Exec
Originally Posted by austin_modern
That was my first impression. Came across as if they have a whole bunch of empty seats to give away.
Maybe so. A friend was on the Apr 5th inaugural LAX-ABQ flight, along with only 3 or 4 other people. No special send-off at LAX, but he said they had balloons waiting for them at the gate after they landed at ABQ...

It may take a while before people figure out these new routes exist... Good thing AA is back on expedia.

Lots of love on the west coast, lately...

Cheers.

Last edited by msv777; Apr 13, 2011 at 3:31 pm
Old Apr 13, 2011, 11:19 am
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Important- call web services

There IS O inventory on loads of flights to all these destinaitons. It is not appearing on the web site in most cases as it is not the cheapest discount economy ticket available. I called web services and was able to get the exact flights we wanted. EXP line cannot help, they will transfer you to web services as the flights must be booked online for this promo.
Old Apr 14, 2011, 2:34 pm

Programs: AA--EXP, SPG--Plat
EXP based out of OC and I received it... Going to Park City next week, staying for free in boss' condo, and using miles to rent a car! What an amazing deal!
Old Apr 14, 2011, 2:48 pm
Original Poster

Programs: AAdvantage, Hilton
Originally Posted by Blue925
EXP based out of OC and I received it... Going to Park City next week, staying for free in boss' condo, and using miles to rent a car! What an amazing deal!
Hope everyone who takes advantage of this offer has also registered for the LAX2X promo which earns double miles to the listed new destinations.

http://www.aa.com/viewPromotionDetai...&_locale=en_US

Contact Us - Manage Preferences - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

This site is owned, operated, and maintained by MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Designated trademarks are the property of their respective owners.