Go Back  FlyerTalk Forums > Miles&Points > Discontinued Programs/Partners > American Airlines | AAdvantage (Pre-Consolidation with USAir)
Reload this Page >

Promo: Complimentary* Roundtrip Ticket From LAX (or some other), Our Gift To You

Promo: Complimentary* Roundtrip Ticket From LAX (or some other), Our Gift To You

Old Apr 11, 11, 6:54 pm
Original Poster

Programs: AAdvantage, Hilton

Just received this offer via email. FWIW, I am EXP with a Los Angeles mailing address on file with AAdvantage.

To celebrate the introduction of nine new American Eagle® routes from Los Angeles International Airport (LAX), we are pleased to offer you, one of our most valued customers, the opportunity to experience our new flights, compliments of American Airlines!

Below is a 100% OFF* discount code to use on an American Eagle® roundtrip ticket from Los Angeles International Airport (LAX) to any of the cities to the right — all you have to decide is where you want to go!

Promotion Code: XXXXXXXXXXXX

To redeem your ticket, click on the button below by April 25, 2011, and travel by June 9, 2011. Remember to enter your special code in the "Promo Code" box at the time of booking.

Cities: Albuquerque, Boise, El Paso, Houston, Oklahoma City, Phoenix, Salt Lake City, Sacramento and Tucson.

*Terms and Conditions for Promotion Code:

When used according to its terms, the promotion code entitles the user to a 100% discount on a published economy-class fare for nonstop round-trip travel on American Eagle between Los Angeles (LAX) and Albuquerque (ABQ), Boise (BOI), El Paso (ELP), Houston George Bush (IAH), Oklahoma City (OKC), Phoenix (PHX), Sacramento (SMF), Salt Lake City (SLC), or Tucson (TUS), excluding codeshare flights. Discount is valid when purchased on AA.com between April 11 2011, and April 25, 2011, for travel between April 11, 2011, and June 9, 2011. Promotion code may be used for one passenger on a single purchase. The promotion code requires instant purchase and may not be applied to previous reservations or reservations placed on hold. The discount will not be applied to any government or airport imposed taxes, fees or charges. Round-trip travel is defined as travel from your city to the destination, and from the same destination back to the city where you originated travel with no deviations. For full terms and conditions about AA.com promotion codes, visit www.aa.com/promotioncode. Offer valid only for recipients of this email promotion.

EDITED TO ADD: Seems to be only good for Economy Super Saver Fares

Last edited by sukn; Apr 11, 11 at 7:17 pm
Old Apr 11, 11, 7:00 pm

Wow. Is it 100% off any fare though? Or booked into certain classes (ie: non mileage earning) only?

Regardless, nice offer.
Old Apr 11, 11, 7:02 pm

Programs: AA EXP; Hilton Gold; Marriott Platinum; AA 2+MM; National Exec Elite
got the same offer a few minutes ago. Here are the terms:

*Terms and Conditions for Promotion Code:
When used according to its terms, the promotion code entitles the user to a 100% discount on a published economy-class fare for nonstop round-trip travel on American Eagle between Los Angeles (LAX) and Albuquerque (ABQ), Boise (BOI), El Paso (ELP), Houston George Bush (IAH), Oklahoma City (OKC), Phoenix (PHX), Sacramento (SMF), Salt Lake City (SLC), or Tucson (TUS), excluding codeshare flights. Discount is valid when purchased on AA.com between April 11 2011, and April 25, 2011, for travel between April 11, 2011, and June 9, 2011. Promotion code may be used for one passenger on a single purchase. The promotion code requires instant purchase and may not be applied to previous reservations or reservations placed on hold. The discount will not be applied to any government or airport imposed taxes, fees or charges. Round-trip travel is defined as travel from your city to the destination, and from the same destination back to the city where you originated travel with no deviations. For full terms and conditions about AA.com promotion codes, visit www.aa.com/promotioncode. Offer valid only for recipients of this email promotion.
Old Apr 11, 11, 7:02 pm
Original Poster

Originally Posted by mikensf74 View Post
Wow. Is it 100% off any fare though? Or booked into certain classes (ie: non mileage earning) only?

Regardless, nice offer.
Just added the T&Cs. Time to earn some free EQM/EQPs!
Old Apr 11, 11, 7:03 pm

Programs: AA EXP; Hyatt Diamond; SPG Gold
Oh wow! I figure that they're not sending this to everyone? It'd be nice if you could get miles out of it!
Old Apr 11, 11, 7:06 pm

Programs: Delta Platinum, United Silver, Hilton Diamond, Marriott Titanium, Radisson Gold
Anyone not based in LAX receive this offer?
Old Apr 11, 11, 7:08 pm

Programs: SPG Gold, AA Lifetime Platinum, UA Platinum, DL Platinum, HHonors Diamond, Hyatt Platinum
Originally Posted by folex386 View Post
It'd be nice if you could get miles out of it!
I don't see why you WOULDN'T get miles. This isn't an award ticket, but a discount off of a paid ticket (albiet 100% discount). It appears to be off of any published, round-trip, economy fare. You might as well book in Y and get the 50% EQM bonus while you're at it!
Old Apr 11, 11, 7:09 pm
Original Poster

Originally Posted by folex386 View Post
Oh wow! I figure that they're not sending this to everyone? It'd be nice if you could get miles out of it!
The promo code is just like the 10% off flights promo codes we have seen in the past. Also, there is no language to indicate these flights will not earn miles, so at least for the moment I am assuming these will earn any miles associated with the fare code.

EDITED TO ADD: Seems to be only good for Economy Super Saver Fares

Last edited by sukn; Apr 11, 11 at 7:16 pm
Old Apr 11, 11, 7:15 pm

Just got one too! My address is in LA (though my travel is mostly DFW-based).
Old Apr 11, 11, 7:25 pm

Location: Laguna Beach, CA; Former DL everything, now AA/AS everything; SPG Plat; Marriott Plat; and all that other stuff!!
Works for me; I live in Orange County and fly 95% out of LAX. BOI is wonderful to see a long time friend, who unfortunately is terminal. I appreciate the gesture from AA and the timing is perfect as the fare is over $400. For this flight I don't care about the miles.
Old Apr 11, 11, 7:25 pm

Programs: Thai silver(expired), Eva Gold(expired), SPG Gold (expired), MR gold, AA Exp 1MM, UA platinum.
Free, the best price

This is great.

AA really go all out 100% off.

I got my E-mail minutes ago.^

Do we get double elite miles (just kidding)?

It seems for Exp Platinum only.

Last edited by Bacai; Apr 11, 11 at 7:32 pm
Old Apr 11, 11, 7:29 pm

Programs: American Airlines EXP 1.99 MM, Marriott Plat Premier, HH Diamond, IHG Plat Ambassador, UA 1K
Seems like a great year to live in LA! Targeted DEQMs, Free flights... Hmmm
Old Apr 11, 11, 7:32 pm

in SLC

I live in SLC and received....guess i will do quick turn to LA
Old Apr 11, 11, 7:34 pm
Suspended

Programs: BA GGL, AA 1MM LT GLD, SPG PLAT, National Exec Selc, Hilton Diamond, Hyatt Plat, Marriott Silver
Originally Posted by demkr View Post
Anyone not based in LAX receive this offer?
Best friend who is IAH-based received it as well. Looks like anyone in LA or one of the nine new domestic routes did.
Old Apr 11, 11, 8:01 pm

Fare Class O only. Do they have that on American Eagle? So far am not seeing anything out of OKC - so a bit of a come on?

Search this Thread
Search Engine: