Go Back  FlyerTalk Forums > Miles&Points > Discontinued Programs/Partners > American Airlines | AAdvantage (Pre-Consolidation with USAir)
Reload this Page >

2011 AA Domestic Meals - menus / menu, photos, etc. (consolidated)

Community
Wiki Posts
Search

2011 AA Domestic Meals - menus / menu, photos, etc. (consolidated)

Search this Thread

Old Jan 18, 2011, 4:57 pm
Senior Moderator and Moderator: American AAdvantage & TravelBuzz

Programs: AA EXP, Marriott Titanium
BOS-ORD
Breakfast flight

- Standard omelette with potatoes
- Special K cereal

Biscuits, bagels

JFK-ORD
Snack flight

- Cheese Enchiladas with small salad and pita chips
- Chicken cobb salad with bacon bits, creamy peppercorn dressing, and pita chips

Coconut toffee cookie
Old Jan 18, 2011, 5:03 pm
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Programs: AA EXP 3MM, Lifetime Platinum, Marriott Titanium, HH Gold
Originally Posted by JY1024
JFK-ORD
Snack flight

- Cheese Enchiladas with small salad and pita chips
- Chicken cobb salad with bacon bits, creamy peppercorn dressing, and pita chips

Coconut toffee cookie

Same exact meal on "Lunch"-coded LGA-DFW. A bit surprising....isn't LGA-DFW long enough to be considered one step up from ORD-East Coast service?

(for ex: DFW-LGA "Dinner" flights get a separate appetizer and ice cream for dessert, vs. DFW-DCA/RDU and ORD-NYC get no appetizer and the awful cheesecake for dessert)
Old Jan 18, 2011, 5:05 pm
Suspended

Programs: BA GGL, AA 1MM LT GLD, SPG PLAT, National Exec Selc, Hilton Diamond, Hyatt Plat, Marriott Silver
Originally Posted by ESpen36
Same exact meal on "Lunch"-coded LGA-DFW. A bit surprising....isn't LGA-DFW long enough to be considered one step up from ORD-East Coast service?

(for ex: DFW-LGA "Dinner" flights get a separate appetizer and ice cream for dessert, vs. DFW-DCA/RDU and ORD-NYC get no appetizer and the awful cheesecake for dessert)
There's no difference amongst Lunch or Snack flights except transcons which get an upgraded menu plus special late-night (like the late JFK-LAX departure) or red-eye menu.
Old Jan 18, 2011, 6:13 pm

Programs: Alaska Airlines Gold MVP
Originally Posted by sts603
There's no difference amongst Lunch or Snack flights except transcons which get an upgraded menu plus special late-night (like the late JFK-LAX departure) or red-eye menu.
What's the late JFK-LAX departure's menu like? I never take this flight, I like having a full meal on the plane and then getting some rest, so I always take the ~7pm.
Old Jan 18, 2011, 7:00 pm

Originally Posted by JY1024
Coconut toffee cookie
Didn't think that cookie was very good. It tasted like a coconut sugar cookie (no perceptible toffee flavor whatsoever). That's gotta be worth at least 5000 miles from CS!
Old Jan 18, 2011, 8:23 pm

Programs: AA PLT
Originally Posted by lobo411
Didn't think that cookie was very good. It tasted like a coconut sugar cookie (no perceptible toffee flavor whatsoever). That's gotta be worth at least 5000 miles from CS!
Hahaha, that's a coconut toffee cookie? I remember thinking it was just a coconut cookie.
Old Jan 18, 2011, 8:36 pm

Programs: DL Platinum, AA Lifetime Gold, Hilton Diamond, Marriott Platinum, Radisson Premium
I never understood why AA doesn't differentiate (atleast on non-transcons) from Snacka nd Lunch. I would almost wonder if they would label the Snack/Brunch afternoon flights "Lunch" just because!
Old Jan 18, 2011, 8:58 pm

Programs: AA PLAT (2.8MM), DL Diamond, UA*S, BA Silver, Hyatt Globalist, Marriott LTE, Hilton DIAMOND, IHG PLT
DFW-SFO
Breakfast
January 18, 2011
AA 3453
8:55AM-10:55AM
Boeing 757

Choice of:
Standard omelet with potatoes or Special K cereal
Biscuits or Cinnamon Raisin bagels
Melon plate/strawberry
Old Jan 18, 2011, 11:18 pm

ORD-BOS
Snack Flight

ORD-JFK
Snack Flight

(Both flights had the exact same menu)

- Chicken and cheese sandwich (hot option), small side salad
- Cold salmon salad ("Asian" style with pea pods, bean sprouts, mandarin oranges, a sesame dressing, and a small pack of crispy wonton strips), pita chips, cheese spread

Cranberry nut cookie

(This is currently my favorite cookie. )
Old Jan 18, 2011, 11:30 pm

Programs: Alaska Airlines Gold MVP
Originally Posted by demkr
I never understood why AA doesn't differentiate (atleast on non-transcons) from Snacka nd Lunch. I would almost wonder if they would label the Snack/Brunch afternoon flights "Lunch" just because!
While "snack" and "lunch" are the same, snack is served on flights longer than 2h30m that are in between the lunch and dinner window times. A flight less than 2h30m during the same time frame won't have a meal.

It's just a technicality thing.
Old Jan 18, 2011, 11:50 pm

Programs: AA EXP, AA LT Gold, Hilton HHonors Diamond
Hnl-lax lunch 1/18

Jan 18
Hnl-lax
First class

Tropical mixed nuts

Fresh seasonal greens with asparagus and daikon radish, offered with Greek vinaigrette or spicy Asian dressing *

Teriyaki Beef Fillet - Teriyaki-glazed fillet of beef offered with broccolini and basmati rice with gin
ger cilantro pesto (A signature Sam Choy item)

Cheese Ravioli - Semolina pasta filled with four cheeses, offered with a mushroom tomato cream sauce, sautéed shallots and sliced mushrooms

Ice Cream Sundae - Vanilla ice cream with a choice of hot fudge, strawberry or sweet coffee toppings (kona), whipped cream and chopped walnuts

Fruit and Cheese - A selection of seasonal fruit and fresh cheeses

* in case anyone is wondering - all dressings are from Sam Choy

Last edited by gipsss; Jan 18, 2011 at 11:54 pm Reason: Update
Old Jan 19, 2011, 8:21 am
Suspended

Programs: BA GGL, AA 1MM LT GLD, SPG PLAT, National Exec Selc, Hilton Diamond, Hyatt Plat, Marriott Silver
AA 686
January 18th, 2011
DFW-EWR
S80 w/wifi
6:55 p.m.-11:10 p.m. (scheduled anyways)

Shrimp Cocktail
Standard dinner salad with artichokes, olives, mushrooms, capers

Choice of:
Stuffed Shells
OR
Chicken with Vegetables (appeared to be sweet potatoes and beans)

Fruit and Cheese
OR
Pre-Made Sundae (the fruit sludge with cereal-like topping).

Excellent service through the meal. Very professional FA was up and doing towels within 10 minutes of take off (usually I find AA FAs the slowest to get started). Crew was a little slow with refills after desert was cleared but was very professional and cordial when I went up front so switch from red wine to Glenlivet (rare that there is still Glenlivet remaining two hours into a three hour flight).
Old Jan 19, 2011, 11:20 pm
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Programs: AF Platinum, EK Gold, AA EXP, UA 1K, Hyatt Globalist
ORD-SFO
Dinner
January 19, 2011
AA 1561
6:45P-8:55P (sked 9:30P) ^
737-800 (no Wi-Fi)

Virtually identical to last Friday...
Shrimp cocktail, mixed green salad with italian (no option tonight), wheat or sourdough roll.
Choice of stuffed pasta shells or chicken in beurre blanc sauce with sweet potatoes and snap peas.
OK, I'm inclined to cut some slack tonight since one of the FA's had an inflight medical condition just after take off resulting in a full hour delay for post-departure drinks, and the starters and main served together, but... tonight's chicken in beurre blanc was described as "chicken with burray sauce."
And instead of the standard AA no lav announcement, "...for those of you in the coach cabin that feel the need to use the F lav, we ask you to stand by the divider between the cabins..."

And the same lame vanilla granola mango combo, although the Bailey's certainly improved things.

Old Jan 20, 2011, 12:04 am

Programs: AA EXP/Admiral's Club; Amex Platinum; AA Citi Executive; SPG Gold
Originally Posted by SFO777
ORD-SFO
Dinner
January 19, 2011
AA 1561
6:45P-8:55P (sked 9:30P) ^
737-800 (no Wi-Fi)

Virtually identical to last Friday...
Shrimp cocktail, mixed green salad with italian (no option tonight), wheat or sourdough roll.
Choice of stuffed pasta shells or chicken in beurre blanc sauce with sweet potatoes and snap peas.
OK, I'm inclined to cut some slack tonight since one of the FA's had an inflight medical condition just after take off resulting in a full hour delay for post-departure drinks, and the starters and main served together, but... tonight's chicken in beurre blanc was described as "chicken with burray sauce."
And instead of the standard AA no lav announcement, "...for those of you in the coach cabin that feel the need to use the F lav, we ask you to stand by the divider between the cabins..."

http://sfo777.smugmug.com/Other/AA-S...74_Kyqg6-M.jpg

And the same lame vanilla granola mango combo, although the Bailey's certainly improved things.

http://sfo777.smugmug.com/Other/AA-S...02_uj7MD-M.jpg
Yeah it does seem like quite a flavorless meal. I much prefer the beef options though in a situation like this, I would just go with the pasta. They should just go with the brownie sundaes or warm cookies instead of the granola thing.

Last edited by JY1024; Jan 20, 2011 at 10:35 am Reason: removed img tags from quoted post
Old Jan 20, 2011, 10:39 am

Many thanks to all our members that post pictures of their meals! However, a brief/gentle reminder to all of our community members:

To help keep the size of this thread down and also to help maintain site performance for those using mobile browsers, please avoid quoting imbedded IMAGES unless directly pertinent to your post. This can be done by simply deleting the image link altogether or by removing the [IMG] tags.

Thanks very much for everyone's cooperation! /Moderator

Contact Us - Manage Preferences - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

This site is owned, operated, and maintained by MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Designated trademarks are the property of their respective owners.