Search this Thread

Old Feb 24, 2011, 2:57 pm

Programs: AAdvantage
Originally Posted by ddsohn
Nope. Mine haven't posted either...
I'm in the same bucket.
Old Feb 24, 2011, 2:57 pm

Programs: AA Exec Plat, Marriott Titanium, Hyatt Globalist
Not for me either. I e-mailed them about it twice but they've never responded.
Old Feb 24, 2011, 3:50 pm

Programs: AA Bonsai EXP (2.9 MM), AS MVPG
Originally Posted by ScreenGuy
I have not gotten my 500 mile bonus for spending > $500. Has anyone had this post yet?
Originally Posted by TexasPastor
I'm in the same bucket.
Originally Posted by ddsohn
Nope. Mine haven't posted either...
Originally Posted by Aspirant
Not for me either. I e-mailed them about it twice but they've never responded.
Are you kidding? Vesdia has not posted the miles within the time frame stated in the T&C and has not been responsive to E-mails! I'm shocked! They've been so good otherwise

Of course, my bonus hasn't posted either. Although Vesdia's gotten somewhat better since they first took over the shopping portal, they still s%&* IMHO. Frankly, I'm to the point where I'm pleasantly surprised when shopping miles actually post. When they don't, I don't even bother contacting AA shopping. They're terrible about communication. I consider any shopping miles that I get to be a pure bonus and the amount that I use the portal vs other shopping sites has plummeted in the last 12 months....YMMV
Old Feb 24, 2011, 4:56 pm

Programs: AA EXP/2MM, Hertz 5*, HHonors Diamond
On 11 Nov 2010 at 12:30 p.m. CST, I ordered merchandise through the AA e-shopping portal totaling $620 from Best Buy. At 12:40 p.m. CST, I received the e-mail detailing the 500-mile bonus for a spend of over $500. Since there appeared to be no pre-registration required, I was a happy camper and felt rather prescient even

Dismay started to set in, however, when the purchase continuously failed to show up in my purchase list. This was the first time I ever had any trouble with getting proper e-shopping miles through several years and literally hundreds of transactions.

On 7 January, I sent an e-mail to Vesdia. I asked about the missing purchase and whether the purchase would qualify for the bonus mile promo.

I received the following reply on 17 January:

Thank you for contacting AAdvantage eShopping (SM). We received your e-receipt from (Best Buy). It takes 2-6 weeks for a research request to be completed. After the research process is completed, you will receive an update via email.

As long as you met the eligible requirement your account will be credited 8-10 weeks after the promotion end date.

Requirement: Spend $500 or more through Mileage Plus Shopping between 11/10/10 – 12/31/10 and earn 500 bonus miles

Despite the Mileage Plus reference, I decided this was the best answer I was going to get and put the matter aside, sort of mentally marked my calendar for 1 March, planning to write them again if I hadn't heard anything further by then.

Today, I got an e-mail from them with a list of pending mileage postings. Lo and behold, the BB purchase from 11 November is among those listed! And it now shows up in my previous purchases list on the site too.

The holiday promo ended 31 December, so the earliest possible date the bonus would post (per the T&C's and the e-mail I received) would be tomorrow or Saturday, depending on how you count the 8-10 weeks.

I'm taking it as a positive sign that my "lost" purchase has been properly added back to my list of purchases. Here's hoping there will be another pleasant e-mail notification in all our inboxes any day now ...
Old Feb 24, 2011, 5:29 pm

Programs: AAdvantage
I hope it works out for you. Hope...
Old Mar 12, 2011, 12:53 pm

Miles from this promo finally showed up as Pending:

02/28/2011 AA Bonus Miles HOL10 Pending 500

-Kurt
Old Mar 17, 2011, 4:38 pm

Programs: AA Bonsai EXP (2.9 MM), AS MVPG
Originally Posted by ScreenGuy
I have not gotten my 500 mile bonus for spending > $500. Has anyone had this post yet?
Originally Posted by _kurt
Miles from this promo finally showed up as Pending:

02/28/2011 AA Bonus Miles HOL10 Pending 500
500 Bonus Miles posted to AAdvantage Account today.
Old Mar 18, 2011, 12:56 pm

Programs: AA mostly

My ~5000 miles from a $7xx purchase on 12/1 from Harry & David has still not posted (6 miles/$ plus the 500 mile bonus).
I have emailed them multiple times. First they said to wait 8 weeks (it had been 6). Then they said they would investigate it which would take 2-6 weeks. Then 6 weeks after that they said they are still investigating it.
GRRRR!
Old Mar 21, 2011, 2:18 pm

Programs: AAdvantage 2 million, Marriott Gold
I had not seen any sign of the Holiday bonus so email them last week. Today my account shows it AADvantageShopping account shows it posting as of 3/17. I was prompted to look because of an email (with 2 recall requests) from AAShopping, saying it had posted on 3/10. I email last Monday 3/14. I guess it crossed in the mail!! I guess I will see it soon in my AAdvantage account too.

Contact Us - Manage Preferences - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

This site is owned, operated, and maintained by MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Designated trademarks are the property of their respective owners.