Go Back  FlyerTalk Forums > Miles&Points > Discontinued Programs/Partners > American Airlines | AAdvantage (Pre-Consolidation with USAir)
Reload this Page >

2011 AAdvantage status renewal / requalification questions / issues (consolidated)

Community
Wiki Posts
Search

2011 AAdvantage status renewal / requalification questions / issues (consolidated)

Search this Thread

Old Nov 22, 2010, 5:27 pm

Programs: AA EXP
Originally Posted by chicagopjp
I currently have 48,280 EQP, and 40,223 EQM. Aiming for 50K, it seems obvious that EQP is the way to go, but am I missing an angle there?
Unless you've got 46+ segments, points are definitely the way to go.

If you don't mind the drive, fares out of MKE are often much cheaper than ORD (and net you nearly 500 extra miles each way due to the connection). The time and gas money might negate any savings out of there, but probably worth a look.
Old Nov 22, 2010, 5:48 pm

Programs: AA Bonsai EXP (2.9 MM), AS MVPG
Originally Posted by rjw242
Unless you've got 46+ segments, points are definitely the way to go.
It takes 60 segments for PLT so OP would likely need 56+ to make segments the way to go.
Old Nov 22, 2010, 5:55 pm

Originally Posted by TheDudeAbides
It takes 60 segments for PLT so OP would likely need 56+ to make segments the way to go.
Oh, my mistake.
Old Nov 22, 2010, 6:19 pm

Right. I should have mentioned that I won't get there on segments. I have something like 26 segments.

I'll keep Milwaukee in mind, but that probably won't work for the cited reasons.

Thanks.
Old Nov 22, 2010, 6:20 pm
us2
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Programs: DL
Stick with what you have. ORD-LAX-ORD nonstop is an easy day's turn and just barely gets you over the threshold with 23 EQP or so to spare. You need 1720; ORD-LAX is 1743 each way; in deep discount, it's .5 EQP per mile. So, anything closer than LAX will have you falling short unless you book into a higher fare bucket on a flight at least 860 miles distance or do more than one round trip somewhere. I think this is the least painful of your alternatives and probably the least expensive. $300 a/i is not bad at all.
Old Nov 22, 2010, 7:33 pm
Moderator: New York City and FlyerTalk Evangelist

Programs: AA PLT, Natl EC
Originally Posted by chicagopjp
Friends,

First, I've learned a lot from reading the discussions here, but I think this is probably my first post. Thanks to everyone who participates here.

I currently have 48,280 EQP, and 40,223 EQM. Aiming for 50K, it seems obvious that EQP is the way to go, but am I missing an angle there?

Greetings, chicagopjp! Your thread has now been merged into the main thread on questions regarding requalification for 2011. Good luck!

/Moderator
Old Nov 22, 2010, 9:25 pm

Originally Posted by dstan

Greetings, chicagopjp! Your thread has now been merged into the main thread on questions regarding requalification for 2011. Good luck!

/Moderator
Oops. Thanks!
Old Nov 22, 2010, 9:32 pm

Need 2 segments: Multi-City ORD-???-???-YYZ

Will finish up at 98 segments with current schedule.

1. My options are find a RT (ORD - MSP/DTW/STL seem like cheapest quickest)

2. Do a connection each way on my last trip of year (only one not booked yet)

3. Try and get 3 legs on my outbound so I can get back at a decent hour (preferred)?

I've found ORD-LGA/BOS-BOS/LGA-YYZ back direct YYZ-ORD to be the only thing that is somewhat convenient (less total travel time) and doesn't impact ticket cost too much.

ORD-DTW-xxx didn't work.
ORD-MSP-LGA was a couple $00 more but doable.

Am I missing any other options out of ORD to YYZ. I know people say segments is the easy way to get to EXP, but 49 RTs out of ORD on the year seems like a ton to me.
Old Nov 23, 2010, 7:56 am

Programs: AA Platinum Lifetime, Hilton Lifetime Diamond
Originally Posted by trips2win
Will finish up at 98 segments with current schedule.

1. My options are find a RT (ORD - MSP/DTW/STL seem like cheapest quickest)

2. Do a connection each way on my last trip of year (only one not booked yet)

3. Try and get 3 legs on my outbound so I can get back at a decent hour (preferred)?

I've found ORD-LGA/BOS-BOS/LGA-YYZ back direct YYZ-ORD to be the only thing that is somewhat convenient (less total travel time) and doesn't impact ticket cost too much.

ORD-DTW-xxx didn't work.
ORD-MSP-LGA was a couple $00 more but doable.

Am I missing any other options out of ORD to YYZ. I know people say segments is the easy way to get to EXP, but 49 RTs out of ORD on the year seems like a ton to me.
Only things I would be worried about are delays or cancellations and not getting the segments on the last trip of the year.
Old Nov 23, 2010, 5:20 pm

Programs: AA Ex Plat, ICH Plat RA, Hyatt Diamond, LAN Prem Silver
Apologies if this is the wrong spot to ask this question but at what level do qualified EP's receive extra benefits? I seem to remember it was either 120 or 125k but I am not sure which. Many Thanks.
Old Nov 23, 2010, 8:21 pm

Programs: AAdvantage ExPlat LT Gold, BA Silver, Aegean Star Gold
Originally Posted by boar
Apologies if this is the wrong spot to ask this question but at what level do qualified EP's receive extra benefits? I seem to remember it was either 120 or 125k but I am not sure which. Many Thanks.
last year, there were some free bonuses for going over 125K, this year, as far as I can tell.. nothing going on
Old Nov 23, 2010, 11:33 pm

Programs: AA EXP, SPG Platinum, Marriott Silver, Hilton Gold, Global Entry
I am sitting at 72200. I have been EP for years and am not willing to give it up so I have booked a crazy mileage run for next week. AA is offering double qualifying and triple bank miles for any trip originating and terminating in STL. Call me crazy, but I love my first class and system wide upgrades!

STL-LAX-JFK-MXP-JFK-LAX-ORD-STL

Departs on Dec 1 @ 1:50pm and returns to STL on Dec 6 @ 7:50am. 6 days away with 4 in the air!

Total Elite Qualifying Miles = 33,000+
Total Bank Miles = 49,500
Total Cost = $1200.00

I make EP and get miles worth 2 R/Ts. Definitely worth the time and $$$
Old Nov 24, 2010, 5:58 am

Programs: EXP- finally
Originally Posted by trips2win
I know people say segments is the easy way to get to EXP, but 49 RTs out of ORD on the year seems like a ton to me.
I didnt find it all that easy on segments, so I am plotting 2011 in miles. And +1 on missed segments in late December.
Old Nov 24, 2010, 6:31 am

Originally Posted by boar
The "Elite Rewards" scheme that cut in at 125K last year has not been repeated this year.

There is an unpublished program for EQP overachievers that cuts in at 150 EQP (note that is points, *not* miles) which can allow you to receive additional SWUs (approved on a case by case basis) if you ask AAdvantage Customer Services for them (not the EXP desk), but nothing will happen automatically and even with 150K+ EQP it is not guaranteed as there are other factors involved in the decision.
Old Nov 24, 2010, 7:57 am

Programs: AS MVP Gold 75K, Marriott Lifetime Titanium
Originally Posted by BUR Regular
...STL-LAX-JFK-MXP-JFK-LAX-ORD-STL
...Total Elite Qualifying Miles = 33,000+
Total Bank Miles = 49,500...
I count 66K+ RDM with the elite bonus. PLT and EXP actually realize 4x RDM for each mile BIS.

Contact Us - Manage Preferences - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

This site is owned, operated, and maintained by MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Designated trademarks are the property of their respective owners.