Community
Wiki Posts
Search

10 Million Miles AAdvantage Event

Search this Thread

Old Sep 25, 2010, 5:55 am
Original Poster

AA is having a reception at the AA Suite at Cowboys Stadium for people who have gotten 10 million miles in the AAdvantage program. Not exactly your name on a plane like in the movie but nice.

Kind of curious to see the number of people there. Anybody else here going?
Old Sep 25, 2010, 6:32 am
Moderator: Alaska Mileage Plan

As noted elsewhere, this is one of four such events.
Old Sep 25, 2010, 6:54 am

Programs: A few
I guess this will be full of coin and citicard churners
Old Sep 25, 2010, 7:53 am
brp
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Programs: AA EXP, BA Silver, Hyatt Globalist, Hilton diamond, Marriott Platinum
Originally Posted by ma91pmh
I guess this will be full of coin and citicard churners
I understand there will be pudding for dessert...at all four locations.

Cheers.
Old Sep 25, 2010, 7:59 am

Programs: AA EXP, 1 MM, AC, HH Diamond, Marriott Silver, Hertz 5*
Originally Posted by brp
I understand there will be pudding for dessert...at all four locations.
Will Tiger be there?
Old Sep 26, 2010, 2:09 pm
Moderator: New York City and FlyerTalk Evangelist

Programs: AA PLT, Natl EC
Originally Posted by dayone
As noted elsewhere, this is one of four such events.
No need to be mysterious - this was posted last week on TravelingBetter:

http://www.travelingbetter.com/forum...ead.php?t=4615
Old Sep 26, 2010, 3:04 pm

Originally Posted by Peter Silberman
AA is having a reception at the AA Suite at Cowboys Stadium
It seems more likely that this event would be held in the AA Lounge at Cowboys Stadium.

The lounge [...] is located on the south side Silver Level of the stadium, the lounge decor and furniture takes on subtle qualities of the Admirals Club locations that American Airlines passengers enjoy in airports around the world. The 13,000 square-foot space boasts two exclusive bars, as well as American-branded areas where fans can relax. The lounge is decorated with a retro style and deep colors and honors American's rich history. Scattered along the dark paneled wood are life-size, authentic black-and-white photos featuring classic movie stars with vintage American Airlines airplanes.

The lounge is open during stadium events to ticket holders in the surrounding Silver Level Club seats and suites.
Old Sep 26, 2010, 3:20 pm

Originally Posted by dstan
No need to be mysterious
I was not being "mysterious." With minimal effort, the information (and that thread) can be quickly located. It seems that both you and I were able to find it quite easily.

I'm quite sure that those involved in TB do thank you for posting the link.
Old Sep 26, 2010, 3:24 pm

I received an invite to attend a cocktail reception for passing 10 million miles. Called the 800 number registered and was told to expect a small gift in the mail. The event is being sponsored by Citi corp. They are having 4 events. New York, Los Angeles, Chicago, and Dallas. I was invited to Los Angeles which will be held at Paramount Studios in October for me and a guest. The person I spoke with said this was the first of more events and apologized when I told her I had 17 million miles, she said other people she had spoken with were well over the 10 million mile threshold. I am hoping the gift is the card from the movie "Up in the Air". Or even better would be lifetime ExecPlt.
Old Sep 26, 2010, 4:05 pm

Programs: AA EXP, 1 MM, AC, HH Diamond, Marriott Silver, Hertz 5*
Originally Posted by AAdmiral
Or even better would be lifetime ExecPlt.
Let us know how that works out for you. But enjoy the reception.
Old Sep 26, 2010, 4:12 pm

Programs: AA-LTP, HH-DIA, Marriott-LT+AMB, Hyatt-Globalist, Hertz-PC, UA-GS
I received an invite to attend a cocktail reception for passing 10 million miles. Called the 800 number registered and was told to expect a small gift in the mail. The event is being sponsored by Citi corp. They are having 4 events. New York, Los Angeles, Chicago, and Dallas. I was invited to Los Angeles which will be held at Paramount Studios in October for me and a guest. The person I spoke with said this was the first of more events and apologized when I told her I had 17 million miles, she said other people she had spoken with were well over the 10 million mile threshold. I am hoping the gift is the card from the movie "Up in the Air". Or even better would be lifetime ExecPlt.
17 MM! ^ Wow, congrats and have fun. Do post pics and event details if you can.
Old Sep 26, 2010, 4:19 pm

Programs: Too Many to Count
Hmm, I wonder what this board would look like if your post rate caught up to your mileage accrual rate...
Old Sep 26, 2010, 4:21 pm

Programs: AA 11MM/EXP/Aairpass, SPG Plat
With the event sponsored by Citi, that gives me hope that credit card spend will continue to run up our lifetime counters after the change is made to how lifetime status is earned. I'm currently at 8.2 million lifetime. As Aadvantage works today, I will probably pass 10MM within a year or two. With all the rumors of changing how lifetime status will be earned, I've been afraid that my credit card spend and Bankdirect miles would no longer help push up my PTD miles. Without those, passing 10MM would probably take me a couple of decades....
Old Sep 26, 2010, 4:39 pm

The event is being sponsored by Citi corp.
Sounds like the perfect venue to ask about Citi card churning, using a Citi card to fund a Citi bank account and charging $1 coin purchases in lieu of cash advances.
Old Sep 26, 2010, 5:49 pm

Programs: AA Platinum, 2 MM, HHonors Diamond
I was invited to Los Angeles which will be held at Paramount Studios in October for me and a guest.
If you need a "guest", I'm available!

Last edited by dstan; Sep 27, 2010 at 3:11 pm Reason: repaired broken quote

Contact Us - Manage Preferences - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

This site is owned, operated, and maintained by MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Designated trademarks are the property of their respective owners.