Go Back  FlyerTalk Forums > Miles&Points > Discontinued Programs/Partners > American Airlines | AAdvantage (Pre-Consolidation with USAir)
Reload this Page >

MULT0 / MULT1 - 3k miles for 3/6 hotel stays, then 1k mi per stay, up to 10K mi

Community
Wiki Posts
Search

MULT0 / MULT1 - 3k miles for 3/6 hotel stays, then 1k mi per stay, up to 10K mi

Search this Thread

Old Sep 13, 2010, 4:35 pm

Originally Posted by UTA_flyinghigh
Whilst I won't whine about not getting something I wasn't entitled to in the first place, I do agree that a message saying I wasn't elgible would have been better.

In any case, thanks to AA for informing us. Based on this I just switched back my upcoming 12 nights (in the next 5 weeks) from AA to BD.

UTA
+1
Old Sep 13, 2010, 6:28 pm

Programs: DL Platinum, AA Lifetime Gold, Hilton Diamond, Marriott Platinum, Radisson Premium
Originally Posted by AmericanAirlines
Good question, demkr. As long as you registered for the targeted promotion for which you are eligible, you are all set.
The registration for any ineligible promotions will be discarded without impacting the right one.

Thanks for asking, and happy to answer any additional questions you might have.

Stephen @ AA
Thanks a lot Stephen. The 3 seemed quite appealing, but I can do 6 too! Your help on this board is beyond appreciated. Thanks for caring about FT community.
Old Sep 14, 2010, 12:04 am

I'm up to my second stay under this promo (got the email invite). Let's see how many stays I can do...although I'm starting to get bedbug paranoia...
Old Sep 14, 2010, 12:59 pm
Company Representative - American Airlines

Programs: American Airlines
Originally Posted by demkr
Thanks a lot Stephen. The 3 seemed quite appealing, but I can do 6 too! Your help on this board is beyond appreciated. Thanks for caring about FT community.
Always glad to help out fellow flyers! In the future, if you ever have a question about a subject or issue within the American AAdvantage FlyerTalk forum that AmericanAirlines has not yet participated in, feel free to alert us via private message and we will always be glad to contribute!

Stephen @ AA
Old Sep 14, 2010, 1:28 pm
Original Poster

Programs: AA EXP, Marriott LT Titanium, Avis Chairman
Always glad to help out fellow flyers! In the future, if you ever have a question about a subject or issue within the American AAdvantage FlyerTalk forum that AmericanAirlines has not yet participated in, feel free to alert us via private message and we will always be glad to contribute!

Stephen @ AA
That's a very generous offer - hopefully you don't get too swamped!

But seriously, it's assuring to know that corporate is aware enough to know that forums like FT are where a lot of information is dished.
Old Oct 7, 2010, 2:19 pm

Programs: HH Lifetime Diamond, AA Lifetime Plat
Bonus Miles are Knocking on your Door Promo

I searched, but couldn't find a thread on this. If there is please move and forgive.

I got this email today, 10/7/10:

Earning American Airlines AAdvantageŽ miles is easier than ever before! Between September 1, 2010, and November 15, 2010, you can earn 3,000 bonus miles after 6 stays at any hotel participating in the AAdvantage program. Plus, earn an additional 1,000 bonus miles for every subsequent hotel stay, up to 10,000 bonus miles.

You must register to get the miles.

So how does American start a promotion on 9/1 and wait until 10/7 to tell me about it? WTH?
Old Oct 9, 2010, 2:18 am

Hotel stay deal, 10,000 miles, ends November 15, how does it work?

I got an email for an Advantage hotel promotion to get "up to 10,000" bonus miles for hotel stays booked on their site, check out by November 15th. There is very little information, and it's confusing how miles are earned/calculated.

After 3 stays, you're supposed to get 3,000 bonus miles per stay, "up to 10,000 miles". So does that mean for the next FOUR stays, you would get 10,000 miles, seven stays total? These are "bonus miles", which are in addition to the regular miles you're supposed to get, but the math doesn't add up to me. Why not say "earn 10,000 miles for the next four stays"? Are they being misleading, or am I reading too much into this?
Old Oct 9, 2010, 2:43 am
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Programs: AA Lifetime PLT, AS MVPG, HH Diamond, NCL Platinum Plus, MSC Diamond
You don't get 3K per stay. You get 3k after 3 stays, then you get 1000 miles for each additional stay
So, 3K for 3 stays. To get 10K, you need 10 Stays
Stay 1 = 0 miles
Stay 2 = 0 miles
Stay 3 = 3000 miles
Stay 4 = 1000 miles
etc

From the email
Earning American Airlines AAdvantageŽ miles is easier than ever before! Between September 1, 2010, and November 15, 2010, you can earn 3,000 bonus miles after 3 stays at any hotel participating in the AAdvantage program. Plus, earn an additional 1,000 bonus miles for every subsequent hotel stay, up to 10,000 bonus miles.

Last edited by mvoight; Oct 9, 2010 at 2:49 am
Old Oct 9, 2010, 3:00 am

Essentially, if you do at least 3 stays, you get 1,000 bonus miles per stay, up to 10 stays.

There's another version of the promo floating around where you get the original 3,000 miles after 6 stays (instead of 3). That's the one I received, but instead I enrolled in this (better) promo. I hope everything will work out in the end.

Edit: found the original link [[redacted -- unnecessary after the merge]]
Edit 2: Just read that thread and I realized that I'm basically screwed...

Last edited by magic111; Oct 9, 2010 at 9:17 am Reason: redacted link
Old Oct 9, 2010, 7:42 am

Originally Posted by mvoight
You don't get 3K per stay. You get 3k after 3 stays, then you get 1000 miles for each additional stay
So, 3K for 3 stays. To get 10K, you need 10 Stays
Stay 1 = 0 miles
Stay 2 = 0 miles
Stay 3 = 3000 miles
Stay 4 = 1000 miles
etc

From the email
Earning American Airlines AAdvantageŽ miles is easier than ever before! Between September 1, 2010, and November 15, 2010, you can earn 3,000 bonus miles after 3 stays at any hotel participating in the AAdvantage program. Plus, earn an additional 1,000 bonus miles for every subsequent hotel stay, up to 10,000 bonus miles.
So if I had three hotel stays, is this correct:
Stay 1: 500 miles regular, + 0 bonus
Stay 2: 500 miles regular, + 0 bonus
Stay 3: 500 miles regular, + 3,000 miles bonus

(total of 4,500 Advantage miles). I presume that's in addition to any miles/points I would earn in the hotel's own program.

Also, seems odd this offer started in September, but I just got the email today, and it ends November 15th. Probably not that easy to make 10 different hotel stays in just five weeks. That's 2 hotel stays per week. Doesn't seem reasonable to me. And they use the terminology "after 3 stays", which I could see them saying that means you really need FOUR stays to get the 3,000 mile bonus. It's just not clear.
Old Oct 10, 2010, 1:30 am

Originally Posted by Patmcwill111

(total of 4,500 Advantage miles). I presume that's in addition to any miles/points I would earn in the hotel's own program.
That's how I interpreted the math as well.
Old Oct 10, 2010, 8:40 am
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Good question, demkr. As long as you registered for the targeted promotion for which you are eligible, you are all set.
The registration for any ineligible promotions will be discarded without impacting the right one.

Thanks for asking, and happy to answer any additional questions you might have.

Stephen @ AA
But how do we figure out whether we will be targeted?

If you read through recent posts, you'll see that some people didn't get their email telling them they qualify for this promo until this past week. I still haven't gotten mine, but I registered for MULT0 (based on a misleading writeup in InsideFlyer magazine which made it seem like MULT0 was open to everyone). Now I don't know if I'm going to get an email tomorrow, or next week, or three days before the promo ends!

If someone gets an email this week, does that mean they were only trargeted this week, or just that the email got sent out late?

The thing is, I have to make decisions soon on hotel stays. I was going to credit a bunch of upcoming stays to AA (at brands where I have to choose which airline to credit at reservation time), but now, if I can't confirm that I qualify for the promo I already registered for, what's the point? (The regular miles I'd get at these hotels are puny, so it's not worth asking for AA miles at these hotels unless this promo is going to work for me.)

I don't understand why AA would make a promo that is targeted that starts September 1 and yet (a) allow anyone to register with no indication of whether you were targeted or not, and (b) send out email invites to people over a month after the start of the promo.

IMHO if AA wants to target promos like this, they either shouldn't require registration, or they should send a unique registration code to each person, or they should have the registration process tell you whether you qualify or not. The curent method, being none of these, is a total mess.
Old Oct 10, 2010, 4:58 pm
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Programs: AA Lifetime PLT, AS MVPG, HH Diamond, NCL Platinum Plus, MSC Diamond
Originally Posted by Patmcwill111

This would be correct if you earned 500 miles for a stay.
I just stayed at a Westin (2 point/miles per $ pre-tax), and since I average about 1 stay every 5 years at an SPG property, I asked for AA miles. It is interesting how they do it. First you get credited the SPG points, and then you see another activity line showing the transfer. Of course if you stay at SPG a lot, then you might want the points, either for the hotel or for transfer to AA at 20K SPG points for 25K miles.
Old Oct 13, 2010, 2:42 pm
Company Representative - American Airlines

Programs: American Airlines
Originally Posted by sdsearch
But how do we figure out whether we will be targeted?

If you read through recent posts, you'll see that some people didn't get their email telling them they qualify for this promo until this past week. I still haven't gotten mine, but I registered for MULT0 (based on a misleading writeup in InsideFlyer magazine which made it seem like MULT0 was open to everyone). Now I don't know if I'm going to get an email tomorrow, or next week, or three days before the promo ends!

If someone gets an email this week, does that mean they were only trargeted this week, or just that the email got sent out late?

The thing is, I have to make decisions soon on hotel stays. I was going to credit a bunch of upcoming stays to AA (at brands where I have to choose which airline to credit at reservation time), but now, if I can't confirm that I qualify for the promo I already registered for, what's the point? (The regular miles I'd get at these hotels are puny, so it's not worth asking for AA miles at these hotels unless this promo is going to work for me.)

I don't understand why AA would make a promo that is targeted that starts September 1 and yet (a) allow anyone to register with no indication of whether you were targeted or not, and (b) send out email invites to people over a month after the start of the promo.

IMHO if AA wants to target promos like this, they either shouldn't require registration, or they should send a unique registration code to each person, or they should have the registration process tell you whether you qualify or not. The curent method, being none of these, is a total mess.
I will share your comments with the promotional manager. In order to help you earn bonus miles with your upcoming hotel stays, you might want to check out the hotel offers on the AAdvantage Connections site. Maybe one of these offers will fit into your travel plans.
http://www.aadvantageconnections.com/hotels.aspx

Stephen @ AA
Old Oct 13, 2010, 4:26 pm

My first set of 500 mile booking bonuses have begun to post, as 'AA.COM - HOTEL BOOKING BONUS'.
Now I need the first 3K for the third stay to show up.

Contact Us - Manage Preferences - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

This site is owned, operated, and maintained by MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Designated trademarks are the property of their respective owners.