Go Back  FlyerTalk Forums > Miles&Points > Discontinued Programs/Partners > American Airlines | AAdvantage (Pre-Consolidation with USAir)
Reload this Page >

MULT0 / MULT1 - 3k miles for 3/6 hotel stays, then 1k mi per stay, up to 10K mi

Community
Wiki Posts
Search

MULT0 / MULT1 - 3k miles for 3/6 hotel stays, then 1k mi per stay, up to 10K mi

Search this Thread

Old Sep 7, 2010, 3:07 pm

Programs: Marriott Bonvoy Lifetime Titanium Elite, WoH Globalist, HHonors Diamond, AA Exec Plat
Question How do stays credit with AA?

You register for the promotion via AA (not Hyatt)... so how does AA know when I have a qualifying stay with Hyatt?

This makes me assume that the stays have to either...
1) be booked via AA, or
2) at the time of check-in you must request "miles credit" (with your AA#) instead of "points credit"

... otherwise, I don't know how AA knows to post the credit.

Is this correct? Of if not, what am I missing?
Old Sep 7, 2010, 4:20 pm
Company Representative - American Airlines

Programs: American Airlines
non-transferrable promotion offer

Originally Posted by greggwiggins
I didn't get the promo e-mail and aa.com just allowed me to register.
To avoid confusion on the ability to register for this offer, each e-mail sent out was directed toward a carefully selected audience based on their "fit" with the specific criteria. Therefore, this promotion is non-transferrable.

Additionally, although the system will generate an email if a valid registration code is provided, a member must meet all of the promotional requirements in order to earn the bonus miles. One of the criteria is that the member be part of the target audience. The terms and conditions included in the email indicate the offer is non-transferable so a member would not receive the bonus miles referenced in the email the member was not part of the original target audience.

Thanks for your interest in this, and please feel free to ask anymore questions!

Stephen @ AA
Old Sep 7, 2010, 5:48 pm

Programs: Military Space-A, UA Plat, AS MVP Gold 75K, Hyatt Globalist, Marriott Plat, IHG Plat, HHonors Gold
HELP Me understand if I screwed up

This thread seems to imply that by registering for the MULT0, for which I was targeted, I have changed my SPG (and other?) preference from points to miles. Would this be true, AA Lurker Dude? I want to still pick and choose, and there are good reasons I want SPG points on several stays. How would SPG even get my AA number?

http://www.flyertalk.com/forum/starw...t-airline.html
Old Sep 7, 2010, 10:23 pm
Original Poster

Programs: AA EXP, Marriott LT Titanium, Avis Chairman
Originally Posted by AmericanAirlines
To avoid confusion on the ability to register for this offer, each e-mail sent out was directed toward a carefully selected audience based on their "fit" with the specific criteria. Therefore, this promotion is non-transferrable.

Additionally, although the system will generate an email if a valid registration code is provided, a member must meet all of the promotional requirements in order to earn the bonus miles. One of the criteria is that the member be part of the target audience. The terms and conditions included in the email indicate the offer is non-transferable so a member would not receive the bonus miles referenced in the email the member was not part of the original target audience.

Thanks for your interest in this, and please feel free to ask anymore questions!

Stephen @ AA
Stephen, thanks for your input.

So you're saying that even if it lets those that weren't specifically targeted (I was targeted, so it's not an issue for me, but it surely is for others) register on aa.com with the promo code, they actually won't get any bonuses?
Old Sep 7, 2010, 10:27 pm
Original Poster

Originally Posted by g8rjeff
You register for the promotion via AA (not Hyatt)... so how does AA know when I have a qualifying stay with Hyatt?

This makes me assume that the stays have to either...
1) be booked via AA, or
2) at the time of check-in you must request "miles credit" (with your AA#) instead of "points credit"

... otherwise, I don't know how AA knows to post the credit.

Is this correct? Of if not, what am I missing?
You must have your preferences set to earn miles, not hotel points. If your hotel chain lets you double-dip with points and miles, you must have AA set as the FF program you want those miles to be directed to. AA will know you've stayed because Hyatt will send miles over to AA when you stay with them.

Originally Posted by slocouple
This thread seems to imply that by registering for the MULT0, for which I was targeted, I have changed my SPG (and other?) preference from points to miles. Would this be true, AA Lurker Dude? I want to still pick and choose, and there are good reasons I want SPG points on several stays. How would SPG even get my AA number?

If you're asking that by registering on aa.com with the MULT0 promo code that SPG will automatically know that you want miles instead of points, that is incorrect. You need to either call SPG or go to spg.com and specify that you want to earn miles instead of hotel points. You cannot get both with SPG. It's an either/or thing. You can switch between the two as much as you'd like, but they cannot happen concurrently.
Old Sep 8, 2010, 8:39 am

Originally Posted by slocouple

Glad you asked, slocouple! To be clear, registering for this promotion does not change your earning preferences at an AAdvantage Partner hotel. To be eligible for the promotion, you need to 1) receive the promotion from AAdvantage 2)register for the promotion 3) change your earning preferences to earn AAdvantage miles when you stay at a partipating AAdvantage hotel. If you do not choose to receive AAdvantage miles for your stay, you will not earn this promotion.

Happy to answer any further questions you have!

Stephen @ AA
Old Sep 8, 2010, 8:47 am

Originally Posted by ramalama8
Stephen, thanks for your input.

So you're saying that even if it lets those that weren't specifically targeted (I was targeted, so it's not an issue for me, but it surely is for others) register on aa.com with the promo code, they actually won't get any bonuses?

That is correct! Happy to answer any further questions you have

Stephen @ AA
Old Sep 8, 2010, 11:17 pm
Original Poster

Stephen @ AA
Is no one else shocked by this? I've never heard of being allowed to register for a promotion only to find out you're not actually eligible!?!?
Old Sep 9, 2010, 9:56 am

Programs: UA,DL,CZ
I was shocked too. I thought anyone can who can register this promotion successfully are eligible for this bonus mile.
Old Sep 9, 2010, 10:04 am

Programs: AAEXP 3+MM, Marriott Plt and Plt for life, Hyatt Diamond
When I get snubbed by AA I question how much they value a EXP each and every year since 2004.
Delta is begging for my business in and out of Milwaukee with low fares and increased flights and AA wants to snub me.
I do not understand AA how you can think this is the right way to treat customers.
Old Sep 9, 2010, 10:31 am
Moderator: New York City and FlyerTalk Evangelist

Programs: AA PLT, Natl EC
Originally Posted by ramalama8
Is no one else shocked by this? I've never heard of being allowed to register for a promotion only to find out you're not actually eligible!?!?
Nope, it's happened at AA, Business ExtrAA, and elsewhere, many times and for a long time. See, for example, the Priority Club Promotions thread - many people there register for everything, even if not targeted, and are just happy to receive whatever they receive.

Thanks very much for the clarifications, AmericanAirlines! ^
Old Sep 9, 2010, 10:52 am
In Memoriam

Programs: aa exp - spg gold - Hyatt Diamond - HH Gold

Stephen @ AA
Thanks for posting the interpretation for the T &Cs.

Although some may not enjoy reading the answer having the correct information is always appreciated within this forum.

One can always hope by registering that their email was lost in the net or missed the target.

My recommendation would be for those who have not recieved is not to go out and spend money to comply with the other T & Cs.

~magic111
Old Sep 9, 2010, 11:05 am
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Programs: AA 2MM, AS MVP Gold, Hilton Diamond
Originally Posted by dstan
Nope, it's happened at AA, Business ExtrAA, and elsewhere, many times and for a long time. See, for example, the Priority Club Promotions thread - many people there register for everything, even if not targeted, and are just happy to receive whatever they receive.

Thanks very much for the clarifications, AmericanAirlines! ^
But it has also happened the other way at AA - those who were not targeted but registered anyway got the promo. While the post above seems authoritative, I would appreciate it if those who get this promo post their success to this thread, and whether they were targeted or not.

Edited to add - caveat: If anyone is registered for this promo who was not targeted, my advice would be not to do anything differently that you would have done if there was no promo (with the obvious exception of changing your hotel accounts to award AA miles as needed). I would specifically not recommend mattress runs.

Last edited by gemac; Sep 9, 2010 at 8:48 pm Reason: Add caveat.
Old Sep 9, 2010, 11:14 am
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Programs: AA 2MM, AS MVP Gold, Hilton Diamond
Happy to answer any further questions you have

Stephen @ AA
Hi, Stephen:

Thanks for agreeing to answer questions. My question is this: How did AA select the AAdvantage members who were targeted to receive this offer?
Old Sep 9, 2010, 11:29 am
Marriott Contributor Badge

Originally Posted by flyinghome
When I get snubbed by AA I question how much they value a EXP each and every year since 2004.
Delta is begging for my business in and out of Milwaukee with low fares and increased flights and AA wants to snub me.
I do not understand AA how you can think this is the right way to treat customers.
Seriously? This is a hotel promotion, not airline.

Contact Us - Manage Preferences - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

This site is owned, operated, and maintained by MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Designated trademarks are the property of their respective owners.