Wiki Posts
Search

Miles & copay upgrade question

Search this Thread

Old Aug 9, 2010, 10:36 am
Original Poster

Programs: AA Platinum
Miles & copay upgrade question

I want to use the miles + copay option to upgrade my economy ticket to Business class from DFW-NRT(connection)-SGN. I have two questions for the AA experts.

1. The booking code for these two segments are V and S. Are they eligible for upgrade at all? AA.com states only Y or B eligible.

2. If my booking codes are eligible. The award chart only show from US to Japan for 25K miles + $350 copay. Does this means I will only get the DFW-NRT upgrade, but the NRT-SGN will not?

Thank you.
Old Aug 9, 2010, 10:39 am
brp
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Programs: AA EXP, BA Silver, Hyatt Globalist, Hilton diamond, Marriott Platinum
Originally Posted by vu0219
I want to use the miles + copay option to upgrade my economy ticket to Business class from DFW-NRT(connection)-SGN. I have two questions for the AA experts.

1. The booking code for these two segments are V and S. Are they eligible for upgrade at all? AA.com states only Y or B eligible.

Yes,they are eligible

2. If my booking codes are eligible. The award chart only show from US to Japan for 25K miles + $350 copay. Does this means I will only get the DFW-NRT upgrade, but the NRT-SGN will not?

Correct as you can't upgrade on non-AA marketed/operated flights

Thank you.
I'd also suggest reading the FAQ at the top of the page. It has quite a bit of information about how upgrades work, including answers to questions like those above. It will answer questions you didn't even know you had.

Cheers.
Old Aug 10, 2010, 12:25 am
Original Poster

Programs: AA Platinum
Thank brp. I'll check it out

Contact Us - Manage Preferences - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

This site is owned, operated, and maintained by MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Designated trademarks are the property of their respective owners.