Community
Wiki Posts
Search

JFK-MEL double in price

Search this Thread

Old May 4, 2010, 8:09 pm

Programs: AA EXP 2MM
Originally Posted by Azulcactus
...at least Cathay is 100% on the other earnings, unlike other partners.
Only if you buy an H fare or better. Else you get nothing.
Old May 4, 2010, 9:32 pm

Programs: AA 2MM LTP;Marriott Platinum
Not sure about JFK, but I've been watching AA Australia fares on and off for the last two years out of DFW, OKC, and TUL and it's typical for the cheapest AA codeshare to be about $400 to $800 more than the AA/QF combo (AA for US legs and QF coded QF metal for the international segments).

Somewhere less than 50% of the time (in my unscientific survey), the AA coded flights for the entire trip will drop to within about $100 to $200 more than the AA/QF combo.

Last year I was able to book the AA coded flights at a very good price (sub-$1000 when I called the EXP line even though the best I could do on the website was about $1100). The year before I had to settle for the QF flights. Cheapest AA-coded was around $1275 in March out of OKC, then jumped up to $1900 for the end of March and early April. Jumped down to ~$1250 in mid-April and at the end of April jumped back to $1900-$2000. I'm hoping it will drop back down before June since my schedule finally cleared for mid-June. (Yes, I know it's fall-winter downunder but I like to travel when it's cooler, Sydney has a mile climate, and this fits my schedule.)
Old May 7, 2010, 11:12 am

Programs: AA PLT, CX Silver, SPG
Originally Posted by Azulcactus
I recently booked a LAX-HKG and the AA codeshare with Cathay was twice booking the Cathay flight number. I've found this to be case frequently. Unfortunately by not booking as the codeshare you don't get your elite 25% or 100% mileage bonus, but at least Cathay is 100% on the other earnings, unlike other partners.
Even you bought the ticket from CX, as long as it's eligable fare (H class and up), you will get the elite bonus. Other airlines appiled as well (not all, at least not BA & JAL), details below.

https://www.aa.com/i18n/AAdvantage/p...atus/bonus.jsp

Contact Us - Manage Preferences - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

This site is owned, operated, and maintained by MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Designated trademarks are the property of their respective owners.