Community
Wiki Posts
Search

Hilton HHonors Gold courtesy of AA

Search this Thread

Old Feb 2, 2010, 8:55 pm

Programs: AA EXP/2 MM
Originally Posted by itchief
My wife got this card today, no status. Does not help us since I am Diamond VIP with Hilton.
Same here, almost. My husband got the card; I'm diamond.

Originally Posted by platboy
Me (EXP): 50,000 points after 4 stays
That's the offer he (my husband) received.
Old Feb 3, 2010, 7:50 am

Programs: Some of them not all ...
Originally Posted by anchor79
shoot my hilton gold is about to expire...someone help me!
I am in the same situation, but HH is forgetting about us!!!
Well, maybe they will remember my two brothers who are AA Plat and ExPlat and donīt have HH.
Old Feb 3, 2010, 8:36 am
brp
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Programs: AA EXP, BA Silver, Hyatt Globalist, Hilton diamond, Marriott Platinum
Originally Posted by AA53
So Hilton points aren't worth much.
I beg to differ. So far we've used HH points for 10 nights in Europe (VIE, Toledo, Spain, DUB), and 3 nights at The Roosevelt in MSY for Jazz Fest. 13 free hotel nights at high-priced places makes it worth it to us. We transfer AA miles to HH points (I was able to do 200K -> 400K last year even though the rules say 150K miles max). We're getting lifetime HH Gold through a timeshare purchase, so maybe that's why they sent no cards to us (me: HH Silver, EXP).

Couple all this with SPG Amex (accumulation of points and Gold through spend), and we rarely pay for hotel rooms on trips, particularly to Europe, where they're expensive.

Cheers.
Old Feb 3, 2010, 6:29 pm

can the offer and existing account be merged?

I am AA Gold and HH Diamond before the offer, but did get a separate HH Gold card with the offer yesterday. They must have pulled their info from the database about 3 months ago because I changed my last name and the Gold card that came yesterday still has my maiden name on it.

Mine came with the offer of a free night stay (excl. cat. 7 hotels) after either 3 nights or 3 stays (I forget which it is). As a Diamond I really don't need this new card and I stay with HH my fair share as it is, but I wouldn't mind adding the offer to my exiting account. Starting a whole new account, staying as Gold instead of Diamond (why??) and then trying to merge them later sounds like a hassle to me plus many of my future stays are already booked.

So, has anyone had luck adding the offer only to the existing account?
Old Feb 3, 2010, 6:39 pm
nrr
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Programs: AA platinum; 2MM AA, Delta Diamond, Hilton Diamond
I received a gold HH card just the other day. I tried booking a room in Zurich airport Hilton, and the price (at the non-refundable rate) for 6 nights looked spectacular, 6 nights for $220, until I realized this was per night--I've been spoiled by the Octopus Travel (error) rate I got in Zurich a few years ago--6 night for $110.
Old Feb 3, 2010, 6:51 pm

Programs: Top Tiers for 2013 AA, MR, PC Thanks FT!
I am HH gold (via 20K spend on the Amex card) and received a new gold card today...good through Feb, 2012! My daughter - no status...and not even a HH rewards member (I don't believe)...got a gold card. Don't know how she got chosen as she doesn't live home anymore...so I forwarded it off to her today so she can activate it.
Old Feb 4, 2010, 4:40 pm

Programs: AA PLT, Hilton Diamond
I haven't gotten anything despite status with both AA (PLAT) and HH (just Silver).

Has anybody had luck calling Hilton to get the offer?
Old Feb 4, 2010, 5:30 pm

Programs: BAEC Gold, AA PPro, Hyatt Globalist, Amex Plat
I received the offer. AA EXP and I've never been a member of HH.

Regards
Old Feb 5, 2010, 10:14 am

Programs: AA LT PLT, DL PLT, HH DIA, IHG PLT, Hertz PLT, Bonvoy GLD, Avis Pres Club
Originally Posted by InPlaneSight
I make *wood Gold every year and never spend a single night in a *wood property! All you have to do is charge $30,000 per year on your *wood card and you automatically get Gold status.
Don't want to start a "meta discussion" as the mods call it, but I achieved *wood gold both by AMEX PLT and AMEX SPG $30K spend. I rarely stay at *wood properties, but IMHO gold doesn't seem to get me diddley squat when I do. Never been upgraded, never enjoyed any special benefit. The only benefit I have realized of being gold is getting bonus points whenever I do stay at a property.
Old Feb 5, 2010, 10:15 am

Programs: AA LT PLT, DL PLT, HH DIA, IHG PLT, Hertz PLT, Bonvoy GLD, Avis Pres Club
Originally Posted by scubadu
I received the offer. AA EXP and I've never been a member of HH.

Regards
+1
Old Feb 5, 2010, 12:35 pm
brp
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Programs: AA EXP, BA Silver, Hyatt Globalist, Hilton diamond, Marriott Platinum
Originally Posted by trojanman
Don't want to start a "meta discussion" as the mods call it, but I achieved *wood gold both by AMEX PLT and AMEX SPG $30K spend. I rarely stay at *wood properties, but IMHO gold doesn't seem to get me diddley squat when I do. Never been upgraded, never enjoyed any special benefit. The only benefit I have realized of being gold is getting bonus points whenever I do stay at a property.
We also do it via Amex spend, but we do get upgraded most of the time. Plus, the late checkout is nice when we need it.

Cheers.
Old Feb 5, 2010, 12:40 pm
Moderator: New York City and FlyerTalk Evangelist

Programs: AA PLT, Natl EC
Meta discussion is a discussion about a discussion. This is just a tangent
Old Feb 5, 2010, 6:29 pm

Programs: AA - Gold, SPG - Gold, HHonors - Gold
I just signed up for HH about a week before I got the letter in the mail. Changed over really quick.

I had no HH, but AA Plat.
Old Feb 5, 2010, 11:34 pm

Programs: Some of them not all ...
I beg to differ, as during my last trip to Asia and the Middle East, I was treated like a king in all the Hiltons I stayed at. Specially, the ones in Beijing and Shanghai, were not only I was always upgraded to executive floor, but manage to get an upgrade to a Suite on the Beijing Hilton W.

Always free buffet breakfast and always checking in at the executive lounge. If I could renew my HH Gold, I would, but I was 3 nights short or requalifying and now I havenīt received this targeted promo.
Old Feb 5, 2010, 11:50 pm

Programs: AA EXP/2 MM
Originally Posted by carlitos
I beg to differ...
No need to beg. I believe the post you quoted was referring to the relative merits of *wood Gold, not HH Gold.

Contact Us - Manage Preferences - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

This site is owned, operated, and maintained by MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Designated trademarks are the property of their respective owners.