Wiki Posts
Search

Hilton HHonors Gold courtesy of AA

Search this Thread

Old Jan 29, 2010, 3:02 pm
Original Poster

Programs: AA Plat
Hilton HHonors Gold courtesy of AA

No, this isn't in the wrong forum. I got a Hilton HHonors gold card in the mail today through AA. Anyone else? The gold level is the "mid tier" level.
Old Jan 29, 2010, 3:06 pm

Programs: AA EXP, 1 MM, AC, HH Diamond, Marriott Silver, Hertz 5*
I got that a couple of years ago, and 50,000 bonus miles after a few stays, IIRC.
Old Jan 29, 2010, 3:07 pm

Programs: AA PLT Pro 2MM, DL Gold, UA Silver, Marriott Ambassador + LT Plat, COFC Venture X, HHonors Diamond
Targeted offer? Im currently seeking HH Gold status ASAP
Old Jan 29, 2010, 3:09 pm

Programs: AA EXP, 1 MM, AC, HH Diamond, Marriott Silver, Hertz 5*
Mine was targeted, I'm not sure if it was only EXP but would suspect that was the case.
Old Jan 29, 2010, 3:29 pm

Programs: AA Executive PLatinum CO Platinum DL Gold Hyatt Diamond Hilton no more :)
anyone who is already HHonors recieved one of these offers??
Old Jan 29, 2010, 4:11 pm

Received the gold card today. I was already an HHonors member.
Old Jan 29, 2010, 4:17 pm
Moderator: American AAdvantage

Programs: AA LT Plat; HH LT Diamond, Maître-plongeur des Muccis
If you do not get this offer within a few days, do check the Hilton HHonors Forum for information on the occasional "challenges" they offer. It can NEVER hurt to ask, either - the most they can do is say "no!"

I'm HHonors Diamond, and have received no offer - so perhaps they are screening the offer for no HH or lower tier HH member. We'll see what other members have to say - and remember, the Starwood card . program allows a bonus; HH allows a poor exchange TO AAdvantage, but you can transfer a number of AA miles annually for 2 HH points per AA mile.

OTOH, Lady JDiver is also a HH Diamond member (we both are through out HHonors Mutual Fund Account) but received a HHonors Gold card in the mail Jan 30 - with an offer of 25,000 bonus points for 4 stays by May 15, status through March 2011 iirc.

Originally Posted by AAerSTL
Targeted offer? Im currently seeking HH Gold status ASAP

Last edited by JDiver; Jan 30, 2010 at 6:02 pm Reason: add bits / update
Old Jan 29, 2010, 5:12 pm
Original Poster

I'm a Marriott Plat, so not sure how much use I'll get out of the Hilton Gold. I guess it depends on my business travel this year. It's better than nothing, or at least it's better than gifting "silver vip" which like Marriott silver is pretty worthless.
Old Jan 29, 2010, 5:30 pm

Programs: AA PLT MM
fwiw

Pt of Data: I am a perpetual HH Silver and AA PLT (with 1 yr as EXP). In the past 8 years or so, HH has comp'd me Gold twice (including my current HH Gold status).

Added: Both times it happened, it was with a new HH member number. They make you transfer your points to the new number, which is a slight hassle, but not bad. The biggest PIA was that you had to change your website username.

Last edited by plasticman; Jan 29, 2010 at 5:35 pm Reason: more info
Old Jan 29, 2010, 5:40 pm

Programs: AA, HH
Originally Posted by videomaker
Mine was targeted, I'm not sure if it was only EXP but would suspect that was the case.

My wife got this card today, no status. Does not help us since I am Diamond VIP with Hilton.
Old Jan 29, 2010, 10:35 pm

Programs: BA Gold; AA Lfe Time PLT ; Marriott Titanium, LFT GLD
I got a targeted Gold card also. Haven't yet had the oppotunity to do much with it but I would love to emulate videomaker in getting "50,000 bonus miles after a few stays", though I am not sure how this will happen if as JDiver says "HH allows a poor exchange TO AAdvantage".

I guess I need to go read my HHhonors guidelines and figure it out.

Basically I am only in the Hotel programs for the AAdvantage miles. No chance of AA miles no great reason to stay at the hotel.

Currently I am focussing on *wood (7 night booked so far for next month), because it seems to give me the best conversion to AAdvantage miles. If anyone has a better idea I am open to suggestions.
Old Jan 30, 2010, 3:02 am

Programs: Global Entry, 4MM, Lifetime AAdvantage Platinum
Originally Posted by nonesuch flyer
I got a targeted Gold card also. Haven't yet had the oppotunity to do much with it but I would love to emulate videomaker in getting "50,000 bonus miles after a few stays", though I am not sure how this will happen if as JDiver says "HH allows a poor exchange TO AAdvantage".

I guess I need to go read my HHhonors guidelines and figure it out.

Basically I am only in the Hotel programs for the AAdvantage miles. No chance of AA miles no great reason to stay at the hotel.

Currently I am focussing on *wood (7 night booked so far for next month), because it seems to give me the best conversion to AAdvantage miles. If anyone has a better idea I am open to suggestions.
I make *wood Gold every year and never spend a single night in a *wood property! All you have to do is charge $30,000 per year on your *wood card and you automatically get Gold status.
Old Jan 30, 2010, 9:49 am

Programs: American Airlines EXP 1.99 MM, Marriott Plat Premier, HH Diamond, IHG Plat Ambassador, UA 1K
Originally Posted by InPlaneSight
I make *wood Gold every year and never spend a single night in a *wood property! All you have to do is charge $30,000 per year on your *wood card and you automatically get Gold status.
or just have them re-apply your amex plat code yearly!
Old Jan 30, 2010, 9:59 am

Programs: BA Gold; AA Lfe Time PLT ; Marriott Titanium, LFT GLD
Thanks InPlaneSight I appreciate the advice; I did not realize that "All you have to do is charge $30,000 per year on your *wood card and you automatically get Gold status". I spend about 35 to 40 K on credit card purchases aech year so I would easily cross this threshold. I must take a look and see what I would have to do to get to the next level with *wood. I just do not get that many chances to stay at Hiltons for some reason. I go to conferences and they seems to be at either 8wood properties or Hyatts. *wood seems to offer more for methan Hyatt does. I stay at a Hilton at least once a year but that isn't a platform to build on.
Old Jan 30, 2010, 10:01 am

Programs: AA lifetime GOLD, but still an AA Baby compare to people here. CX nobody. BR Silver.
Got one for me and one for my wife yesterday.
I am EXP and my wife is PLT.
Maybe this is for everyone who is not HHonor member now.

Contact Us - Manage Preferences - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

This site is owned, operated, and maintained by MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Designated trademarks are the property of their respective owners.