Go Back  FlyerTalk Forums > Miles&Points > Discontinued Programs/Partners > American Airlines | AAdvantage (Pre-Consolidation with USAir)
Reload this Page >

Confirmed: AA Moving to DEN Concourse A, Admirals Club to ex-CO PC space

Community
Wiki Posts
Search

Confirmed: AA Moving to DEN Concourse A, Admirals Club to ex-CO PC space

Search this Thread

Old Mar 21, 2010, 9:50 am

Programs: BA GGL; AA LT Gold; AS 100K; DL MM GM; Hyatt G*list, Hilton Diamond; SQ silver
Originally Posted by Spiff
There was a sign up on Fri suggesting going to gate A41 (? Some A gate, don't remember for sure) so perhaps there's a temp lounge?
Temp lounge near A41? there is no space near the gates for any lounge. Sounds like LH passengers are out of lounge access unless they go to one of terminal B's RCCs.
Old Mar 21, 2010, 10:49 am

Programs: AA EXP, UA 1K, F9 Elite, Hyatt Diamond, Hilton Diamond, Marriott Gold
Originally Posted by DeltaFlyingProf
Temp lounge near A41? there is no space near the gates for any lounge. Sounds like LH passengers are out of lounge access unless they go to one of terminal B's RCCs.
Well, BA used to have its DEN lounge on the course level across from A39, so maybe LH is taking over this space for it's own This would kind of make sense if AA is going to take over the old CO space
Old Mar 22, 2010, 10:18 am

Not entirely true. There are some smaller spaces near certain gates, but I don't think it would be a very big lounge.
Old Mar 22, 2010, 5:00 pm

Programs: AA - ExPlat 1MM Marriott - Platinum, Hertz - Presidents Circle
Originally Posted by Doghound
Not entirely true. There are some smaller spaces near certain gates, but I don't think it would be a very big lounge.
Move is still on schedule to be completed May 11. The AC on C will close at that time. A temp club will open across from A47 while the now former Continental PC is renovated. The Terraces and USO club will remain unchanged in their present position. (It's been a long time since I've been on A so have no idea how large the spot is. If I remember when I fly home on Wednesday, I'll check. If not, next week...
Old Mar 22, 2010, 7:47 pm
A FlyerTalk Posting Legend, Moderator, Information Desk, Ambassador, Alaska Airlines
Hilton Contributor BadgeIHG Contributor Badge

Programs: AS MVP Gold100K, AS 1MM, Maika`i Card, AGR, HH Gold, Hertz PC, Marriott Titanium LTG, CO, 7H, BA, 8E
Originally Posted by purpleskiesfly
Move is still on schedule to be completed May 11. The AC on C will close at that time. A temp club will open across from A47 while the now former Continental PC is renovated. The Terraces and USO club will remain unchanged in their present position. (It's been a long time since I've been on A so have no idea how large the spot is. If I remember when I fly home on Wednesday, I'll check. If not, next week...
Sounds like AS BR members might be using the AAdmirals club then...

Originally Posted by alaskaair.com/boardroom

Denver International Airport (DEN)

There is currently no room available in the A Concourse. We hope to have a new agreement by mid-May.
Old Mar 28, 2010, 1:34 pm

Walked over to A and there is a space across from A47 where the temp club will be. The width is 17 paces (approx 60') wide and the depth of the gate deep. There isn't a ton of space and it will probably be cramped, but the club will remain in DEN for the longer term which is a good thing.
Old Mar 28, 2010, 4:39 pm
Moderator: Coupon Connection & S.P.A.M

Programs: Destination Unknown, TSA Disparager Diamond (LTDD)
No idea. Was happy to booze in the AC/Terraces and my flight left from C.
Old Mar 28, 2010, 10:37 pm
A FlyerTalk Posting Legend, Moderator, Information Desk, Ambassador, Alaska Airlines
Hilton Contributor BadgeIHG Contributor Badge

Programs: AS MVP Gold100K, AS 1MM, Maika`i Card, AGR, HH Gold, Hertz PC, Marriott Titanium LTG, CO, 7H, BA, 8E
Originally Posted by beckoa
Sounds like AS BR members might be using the AAdmirals club then...
So is this still on track? Since AS seems to have difficulty finding a club to use...

Originally Posted by alaskaair.com/boardroom

Denver International Airport (DEN)

There is currently no room available in the A Concourse. We hope to have a new agreement by late summer.
Old Mar 29, 2010, 4:06 pm
Moderator: Coupon Connection & S.P.A.M

Programs: Destination Unknown, TSA Disparager Diamond (LTDD)
SEN, HON, LH F, and LH J passengers may now use the BA Terraces lounge. No guests permitted.

DEN BA Terraces now opens at 3:00pm.

Last edited by Spiff; Mar 29, 2010 at 10:45 pm
Old Mar 31, 2010, 9:28 am

Walked over to A and there is a space across from A47 where the temp club will be. The width is 17 paces (approx 60') wide and the depth of the gate deep. There isn't a ton of space and it will probably be cramped, but the club will remain in DEN for the longer term which is a good thing.
Additional notes from my visit to the AAngels this AM:
1. the TMobile hotspot will not be relocated to the temp location across from A47 due to cost. DEN apparently (I've never used it so someone else confirm) has free WiFi and guests will be directed to this to use.
2. demo has begun on the club formerly belonging to continental
3. the new look/feel will have the the design of DFW D club

that's if for now. If you're looking for something specific, let me know and I'll ask the ladies.
Old Mar 31, 2010, 9:35 am
HNL
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Additional notes from my visit to the AAngels this AM:
1. the TMobile hotspot will not be relocated to the temp location across from A47 due to cost. DEN apparently (I've never used it so someone else confirm) has free WiFi and guests will be directed to this to use.
2. demo has begun on the club formerly belonging to continental
3. the new look/feel will have the the design of DFW D club

that's if for now. If you're looking for something specific, let me know and I'll ask the ladies.
Will AA put in exterior windows as part of the remodel?
Old Mar 31, 2010, 9:53 am

DEN apparently (I've never used it so someone else confirm) has free WiFi and guests will be directed to this to use.
It does. It's add supported, but it's relatively quick.. You have to watch one add at the beginning for "30 seconds" (usually you can click through sooner than that). Followed by the occasional ad in a small frame at the top of your browser's window. It's not too bad, though... at least it's free wifi
Old Apr 2, 2010, 6:39 am

Had a wonderful chat with the AC AAngel this morning at DEN and found a bit more information for you all:

Already mentioned is that the move will happen May 11th. Just confirming that, so just keep in mind to go to the A gates on that date forward. They are getting mid-concourse gates around gate A45.

The new AC is not expected to be done and opened until August.

The new AC will only have internal windows, so enjoy the view of the tarmac, planes, and mountains while you can until May. However, at least we can people watch with the concourse facing windows. ^

The BA Terraces will be closing as AA and BA will be sharing the new AC. The Terraces probably wont close until the new AC is ready, so you still have time to get in there and enjoy that lounge. They are doing this because DEN is, apparently, one of the most expensive airports in the US and sharing a lounge means sharing costs.

So, there's a bit more information for you all.

Last edited by Doghound; Apr 2, 2010 at 7:13 am
Old Apr 2, 2010, 7:23 am

Programs: BA GGL; AA LT Gold; AS 100K; DL MM GM; Hyatt G*list, Hilton Diamond; SQ silver
Originally Posted by Doghound
The BA Terraces will be closing as AA and BA will be sharing the new AC. The Terraces probably wont close until the new AC is ready, so you still have time to get in there and enjoy that lounge. They are doing this because DEN is, apparently, one of the most expensive airports in the US and sharing a lounge means sharing costs.
I love the BA Terraces. Closing it will mean no more free food before my flight...
Old Apr 3, 2010, 12:27 pm

Programs: UA Gold, HH Diamond, Nat'l Exec
I wonder what the BA Terraces space will be now...?

Contact Us - Manage Preferences - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

This site is owned, operated, and maintained by MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Designated trademarks are the property of their respective owners.