Go Back  FlyerTalk Forums > Miles&Points > Discontinued Programs/Partners > American Airlines | AAdvantage (Pre-Consolidation with USAir)
Reload this Page >

Confirmed: AA Moving to DEN Concourse A, Admirals Club to ex-CO PC space

Community
Wiki Posts
Search

Search this Thread

Old Jan 28, 2010, 11:11 pm
FlyerTalk Evangelist
Original Poster

Programs: UA MM Plat; AA MM Gold; HHonors Diamond

As many of you may know, Continental is moving to Terminal B at DEN in March:

http://www.continental.com/web/en-US...elnotices.aspx

I was in the Continental President's Club late this afternoon, and a staff member mentioned that he had heard that AA was going to take over CO's gates on the A concourse and also move the Admiral's Club to the space currently occupied by the PC. He also said the WN would snag AA's gates on the C concourse

My apologies if this is old news; I didn't see mention of it after several searches...

I think this is legit, because of the source, but one never knows, I suppose.

Last edited by Bonehead; Jan 28, 2010 at 11:22 pm
Old Jan 28, 2010, 11:14 pm
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Programs: OMNIArchist, OMNIArchy!, OMNIIDGAS

Bye beloved PClub(with slow wifi)
Old Jan 28, 2010, 11:26 pm
Moderator: Coupon Connection & S.P.A.M

Programs: Destination Unknown, TSA Disparager Diamond (LTDD)
Very nice. Maybe I can hit that sweet spot when both the Terraces and the AC are open.
Old Jan 28, 2010, 11:46 pm

Programs: DL PM; UA 1K; AA 1MM
Please tell me it's bigger than the current DEN AC? (I mean, it has to be, right?)
Old Jan 28, 2010, 11:51 pm

Does anyone know when this is going to happen? The AA move, that is (the link has the CO move). I assume that it would happen shortly after CO moves.

I would welcome AA moving to Concourse A (btw @ title, it's all within the Jeppesen Terminal -- beyond the terminal it is concourse A, B, and C)
Old Jan 28, 2010, 11:53 pm

Programs: AA (PPro/3MM/Admirals Club), AS, UA, Marriott (Gold), HHonors (Gold), Accor (Plat)
Originally Posted by Doghound
Does anyone know when this is going to happen? The AA move, that is (the link has the CO move). I assume that it would happen shortly after CO moves.

I would welcome AA moving to Concourse A (btw, it's all within the Jeppesen Terminal -- beyond the terminal it is concourse A, B, and C)
Me, too. Concourse A is the one with the upper checkpoint and you can avoid the train if you want.

I have been to both the PC and the AC. I do believe the PC is bigger than the AC, but I don't recall by how much. The PC was packed the day I stopped in from an AS flight.
Old Jan 29, 2010, 1:57 am
A FlyerTalk Posting Legend, Moderator, Information Desk, Ambassador, Alaska Airlines
Hilton Contributor BadgeIHG Contributor Badge

Programs: AS MVP Gold100K, AS 1MM, Maika`i Card, AGR, HH Gold, Hertz PC, Marriott Titanium LTG, CO, 7H, BA, 8E
If this happens, wonder if AS will stay in A or not, and if so, will AS Boardroom members gain access to the AAdmirals Club here too (currently have one in ORD & AUS) alaskaair.com/boardroom
Old Jan 29, 2010, 5:00 am

Programs: AA EXP, MR LT PPE, Arise Mucci des Hommes de Fer
Originally Posted by beckoa
If this happens, wonder if AS will stay in A or not, and if so, will AS Boardroom members gain access to the AAdmirals Club here too (currently have one in ORD & AUS) alaskaair.com/boardroom
I hope AS stays in A. This would make AA-AS connections a lot smoother^.
Old Jan 29, 2010, 5:51 am

Location: Clinging to the edifices of a decadent past from the biggest city in America nobody really cares about.
Programs: (ಠ_ಠ)
Good catch, bonehead!

I wonder if these has any tie ins to CO's & AA's plans in SFO (i.e. CO wanting AA's space in T3 to be closer to their new BFF)
Old Jan 29, 2010, 6:56 am

Programs: AA Lifetime Plat, SWA A-list +
Thanks for the post. I wonder when this move will occur (assuming your sources are correct).
Old Jan 29, 2010, 7:34 am
Suspended

Programs: BA GGL, AA 1MM LT GLD, SPG PLAT, National Exec Selc, Hilton Diamond, Hyatt Plat, Marriott Silver
Originally Posted by Bonehead
He also said the WN would snag AA's gates on the C concourse
Old Jan 29, 2010, 9:00 am

Programs: AA - ExPlat 1MM Marriott - Platinum, Hertz - Presidents Circle
This has been talk ever since Southwest increased capacity on C (well over a year). The AA issue with this is that they park 4-5 planes overnight and this a bit more difficult to do at A than C. Was in to see my AAngels mid last week and there was no mention of it.

ADDED: Not sure on this, but I believe AA has already re-negotiated their space on C (it was up last year) so the city would need to give some concessions/remodel money to get them to move. But, we'll see. Tomorrow is a new day.
Old Jan 29, 2010, 9:10 am
Moderator: Alaska Mileage Plan

Originally Posted by makfan
Concourse A is the one with the upper checkpoint and you can avoid the train if you want.
Two big pluses if you're running late.

Originally Posted by makfan
I have been to both the PC and the AC. I do believe the PC is bigger than the AC, but I don't recall by how much. The PC was packed the day I stopped in from an AS flight.
I would say that the PC is a lot bigger than the AC. When opened, it was huge, as it included the current BA Terraces and USO spaces. The DEN PC was originally designed when DEN was a CO hub.

I've never seen the PC "packed," even in bad weather. Busy and crowded? Yes. Packed? No.
Old Jan 29, 2010, 9:12 am
HNL
FlyerTalk Evangelist

The PC does not have exterior windows, the only view is down into the rotunda of concourse A. I prefer the current AC view of the tarmac and the Rockies in the distance.
Old Jan 29, 2010, 10:15 am

Programs: DEN: WN or UA, AA LT Gold, VIA Preference Preferred
Originally Posted by Bonehead
I was in the Continental President's Club late this afternoon, and a staff member mentioned that he had heard that AA was going to take over CO's gates on the A concourse and also move the Admiral's Club to the space currently occupied by the PC. He also said the WN would snag AA's gates on the C concourse
Before anyone gets too up or down over this, we need a more official source than a CO employee.

Contact Us - Manage Preferences - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

This site is owned, operated, and maintained by MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Designated trademarks are the property of their respective owners.