Community
Wiki Posts
Search

AA or oneworld choices to Lviv, Ukraine (LWO)

Search this Thread

Old Jan 22, 2010, 11:44 pm
Original Poster

Programs: AA lifetime gold, United Mileage Plus silver, Marriott Platinum Elite
AA or oneworld choices to Lviv, Ukraine (LWO)

Was wondering what choices we have from ORD to Leviv (LWO) which would earn AA miles? Only one I was able to see was IB via madrid and a code share on Ukrainian Airlines from madrid to LWO. But that is a weekly flight only on tuesdays both ways. So for a 3 day trip that routing wont work.
Old Jan 23, 2010, 12:09 am
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Programs: AA Lifetime PLT, AS MVPG, HH Diamond, NCL Platinum Plus, MSC Diamond
Originally Posted by cover point
Was wondering what choices we have from ORD to Leviv (LWO) which would earn AA miles? Only one I was able to see was IB via madrid and a code share on Ukrainian Airlines from madrid to LWO. But that is a weekly flight only on tuesdays both ways. So for a 3 day trip that routing wont work.
Have you checked into flying into Kiev or some other location an taking a train?
It's not like LWO "should" be easy to get to
Old Jan 23, 2010, 4:18 am

Programs: Mucci, BA Gold, TK Elite, HHonors Lifetime Diamond
Your best option would be to fly into Kiev with BA or MA. I don't think that IB codeshare with PS will earn any miles.

You'll be better off clearing customs at KBP anyways, as LWO terminal is very old and small and it will take a long time for you to clear customs there.
Old Jan 24, 2010, 11:24 am
Original Poster

Programs: AA lifetime gold, United Mileage Plus silver, Marriott Platinum Elite
Originally Posted by Andriyko
Your best option would be to fly into Kiev with BA or MA. I don't think that IB codeshare with PS will earn any miles.

You'll be better off clearing customs at KBP anyways, as LWO terminal is very old and small and it will take a long time for you to clear customs there.
supposedly our company has a deal that allows them to let us go through VIP security. Are there good connecting flights from Kiev to LWO?
Old Jan 24, 2010, 12:36 pm

Programs: AA EXP, Hyatt Platinum, SPG Platinum
Aerosvit/Ukraine Intl has regular flights between Kiev and Lviv.
Old Jan 26, 2010, 3:17 pm

Originally Posted by cover point
Good topic ^

Actually, I don't think IB will give you any AA miles for IB codeshare flights.

In theory- the closest way would be to go from BUD to Uzhgorod on Malev, and then by train to Lvov. This could give you some miles.

It's a big deal to get any good flights into/out of Ukraine. And if into is somehow possible (-LHR-KBP or HEL-KBP or -LHR-BUD-KBP). And there is no way to fly out of Ukraine without overnight at any airport. That's why I usually fly SVO-HEL-JFK- (in this case you don't have to appear in Moscow early morning, as it could be the case with DME-LHR-, or DME-MAD-)

Contact Us - Manage Preferences - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

This site is owned, operated, and maintained by MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Designated trademarks are the property of their respective owners.