Community
Wiki Posts
Search

Kona Brewing Pipeline Porter in DFW AC D, on tap!!!

Search this Thread

Old Jan 22, 2010, 8:07 pm

Programs: AA EXP, Dia HH
Too bad. If you ever get over to KOA, defintely try the Kona Coconut porter. Damn good stuff They don't even list it on their website to purchase outside of the islands. A four pack of beers was like 10 bucks at a grocery store.
Old Jan 22, 2010, 8:09 pm
brp
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Programs: AA EXP, BA Silver, Hyatt Globalist, Hilton diamond, Marriott Platinum
Originally Posted by Bmoney
Too bad. If you ever get over to KOA, defintely try the Kona Coconut porter. Damn good stuff They don't even list it on their website to purchase outside of the islands. A four pack of beers was like 10 bucks at a grocery store.
I think the coconut porter is the Maui Brewing Company...at least the stuff I've had

http://mauibrewingco.com/pr/03-31-08...-porter_pr.pdf

Cheers.
Old Jan 22, 2010, 8:40 pm

Programs: AA Lifetime Plt
Sorry, but I also think you're thinking of Maui Brewing's Coconut Porter.

Another good dark beer from Kona Brewing, one which also includes coffee, is their Da Grind Buzz Imperial Stout. It's much richer and higher octane than their porters. It's only available in Hawaii and at the occasional beer festival on the mainland.

But Pipeline Porter is a more than acceptable option when I'm in the mood for a beer of that style while passing through DFW.
Old Jan 22, 2010, 9:09 pm

Programs: AA EXP 2MM
Whatever they are serving in one particular AC, in the air it's still all crap, all the time. If I ever defect from AA, it will be over beer. VX (among others) is kicking butt in this department.
Old Jan 23, 2010, 4:58 am
A FlyerTalk Posting Legend, Moderator, Information Desk, Ambassador, Alaska Airlines
Hilton Contributor BadgeIHG Contributor Badge

Programs: AS MVP Gold100K, AS 1MM, Maika`i Card, AGR, HH Gold, Hertz PC, Marriott Titanium LTG, CO, 7H, BA, 8E
None spotted in AAny ORD AAdmirals Clubs?

Was on HNL this past weekend and had a pint at the KOA Brewing Company- excellent stuff- great with pizza too! (They ended up dropping our pizza, so a manager came over and said they put a new one in the oven- and gave us a free round ^^^)

I'll be in ORD visiting a club next month thanks to my AS BR membership (We now gain access to one of the clubs there)
Old Jan 23, 2010, 5:45 am

Programs: AA EXP/5 MM, BA Blue Bayou, HH LT Diamond
Originally Posted by Bmoney
My favorite is the Fire Rock pale ale- $40 per case.
Old Jan 23, 2010, 6:01 am

Programs: AA Gold, Hyatt Plat, SPG Gold, Hilton Gold, IHG Plat, Carlson Gold
Originally Posted by Deltahater
You missed the second set of tap handles... they are way to the right by the waitress station
YES!!
Old Jan 24, 2010, 7:46 pm

Programs: I fly too much and stay at too many hotels
The true benefit of FT makes itself known once again.... I will look more closely next time, (should have asked the bartender I guess).
Old Jan 24, 2010, 8:30 pm

Originally Posted by Spiff
Just three, then?

haha. Its so sad when a subtle joke on this forum goes totally unnoticed..

^ spiff
Old Jan 24, 2010, 9:04 pm

I am lost on the humor, time for a beer.
Old Jan 24, 2010, 11:00 pm

Programs: back to AA PLT, 1.6+MM
Originally Posted by Ready2Go
Whatever they are serving in one particular AC, in the air it's still all crap, all the time. If I ever defect from AA, it will be over beer. VX (among others) is kicking butt in this department.
Believe me, as someone based in PDX, I heartily agree. What passes for "beer" in most of the USA is deplorable.

The one bright spot on AA flights are those out of LHR. I always ask for a couple cans of Fullers on those flights.
Old Jan 25, 2010, 12:33 am
A FlyerTalk Posting Legend, Moderator, Information Desk, Ambassador, Alaska Airlines
Hilton Contributor BadgeIHG Contributor Badge

Programs: AS MVP Gold100K, AS 1MM, Maika`i Card, AGR, HH Gold, Hertz PC, Marriott Titanium LTG, CO, 7H, BA, 8E
Originally Posted by PDX-PLT
Believe me, as someone based in PDX, I heartily agree. What passes for "beer" in most of the USA is deplorable.

The one bright spot on AA flights are those out of LHR. I always ask for a couple cans of Fullers on those flights.
Know that there is no access via AA, but in PDX AS' BR does have Kona Longboard Island Lager on tap ^ and is served inflight to/from Hawaii too ^^
Old Jan 25, 2010, 12:49 am

Programs: AA EXP 2MM
Originally Posted by PDX-PLT
Well, am I glad I read this thread! I never knew they had anything different on ex-LHR flights, and I never even thought to ask. I now see there was a thread on the topic back in '02, but I don't remember reading it. Thanks!
Old Jan 25, 2010, 7:07 am

Programs: AA Lifetime Plt
A flight attendant recently told me that very few people ever ask for the Fullers London Pride (not that it's well advertised); keep ordering it so they'll keep it on the airplanes.
Old Jan 25, 2010, 7:10 am
Moderator: Coupon Connection & S.P.A.M

Programs: Destination Unknown, TSA Disparager Diamond (LTDD)
Originally Posted by greggwiggins
A flight attendant recently told me that very few people ever ask for the Fullers London Pride (not that it's well advertised); keep ordering it so they'll keep it on the airplanes.
Personally, that strategy did not work with Makers Mark.

Contact Us - Manage Preferences - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

This site is owned, operated, and maintained by MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Designated trademarks are the property of their respective owners.