Community
Wiki Posts
Search

Kona Brewing Pipeline Porter in DFW AC D, on tap!!!

Search this Thread

Old Jan 22, 2010, 11:17 am
Original Poster

Programs: EXP AA 5.7MM, Diamond HHonors, a bit of Marriott, a bit of United, a bit of this and that
Kona Brewing Pipeline Porter in DFW AC D, on tap!!!

Just discovered that the terminal D Admiral's Club in DFW is now having Kona Brewing company's Pipeline Porter on tap! Made with 100% pure GOOD Kona coffee! Wow, what a surprise. Now the toss-up is between Strongbow Cider and the Porter. Travel has never been better!
Old Jan 22, 2010, 11:20 am
HNL
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Originally Posted by AAbuzzard
Just discovered that the terminal D Admiral's Club in DFW is now having Kona Brewing company's Pipeline Porter on tap! Made with 100% pure GOOD Kona coffee! Wow, what a surprise. Now the toss-up is between Strongbow Cider and the Porter. Travel has never been better!
Started sampling already I see.
Old Jan 22, 2010, 11:20 am
brp
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Programs: AA EXP, BA Silver, Hyatt Globalist, Hilton diamond, Marriott Platinum
We arrive at 5:35 AM tomorrow morning and leave at 6:30. Can I really do beer at the hour??? No, I can't...but this is good news for the future.

Cheers.
Old Jan 22, 2010, 11:22 am

Originally Posted by brp
We arrive at 5:35 AM tomorrow morning and leave at 6:30. Can I really do beer at the hour??? No, I can't...but this is good news for the future.

Cheers.
It's never too early for beer!
Old Jan 22, 2010, 11:22 am
Original Poster

Programs: EXP AA 5.7MM, Diamond HHonors, a bit of Marriott, a bit of United, a bit of this and that
Originally Posted by brp

Cheers.
At any time it's beer-thirty somewhere in this world!
Old Jan 22, 2010, 11:24 am
Original Poster

Originally Posted by HNL
Started sampling already I see.
Oh yes, baby--and that's just after half a pint (which, incidentally, never is a real 16-oz pint anyway, but that's a different story). After a few more I may just rest my finger on that keyboard button. You'll know when you see it.
Old Jan 22, 2010, 11:32 am
brp
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Programs: AA EXP, BA Silver, Hyatt Globalist, Hilton diamond, Marriott Platinum
Originally Posted by FlyMeToTheLooneyBin
It's never too early for beer!
At any time it's beer-thirty somewhere in this world!
As mrs. brp says- "the sun has to be over the yardarm." Won't quite have happened. Even more of a wine guy, and couldn't even do that at 5:30A. Now, Bailey's and coffee...

Cheers.
Old Jan 22, 2010, 11:35 am
Original Poster

Originally Posted by brp
As mrs. brp says- "the sun has to be over the yardarm." Won't quite have happened. Even more of a wine guy, and couldn't even do that at 5:30A. Now, Bailey's and coffee...

Cheers.
Well, at least it's not the spinnaker. Rough rules you have to live by.
Old Jan 22, 2010, 11:45 am

Programs: BAEC Gold, AA PPro, Hyatt Globalist, Amex Plat
Just discovered that the terminal D Admiral's Club in DFW is now having Kona Brewing company's Pipeline Porter on tap! Made with 100% pure GOOD Kona coffee! Wow, what a surprise. Now the toss-up is between Strongbow Cider and the Porter.
Yea baby!! It's funny, I was just telling the SO that we really needed to make a quick trip to Kona so I can have a beer (she doesn't drink beer, but immediately agreed that this was a good idea and she was in).

I love going to Kona Brew Pub on the big island, but nice to know there can be a small taste of aloha at DFW.

Travel has never been better!
Ok, let's not get crazy...

Regards
Old Jan 22, 2010, 11:48 am

Well, at least it's not the spinnaker. Rough rules you have to live by.
haha... That would be torture, but by noon, you should be free. You could heel over aggressively to lower the yard arm. That's the way _real_ sailors sail, while having a beer, of course
Old Jan 22, 2010, 12:16 pm

Programs: AA Lifetime Plt
Originally Posted by scubadu

I love going to Kona Brew Pub on the big island, but nice to know there can be a small taste of aloha at DFW.
One thing about Kona's brewpub on the big island is that you'll find several beers made on site which don't make it to the mainland.

Well, that and the brewery tours -- 10:30am and 3:00pm daily -- which involve free beer. (Got your attention, eh, Scubadu?)

It's worth noting that most of the KBC draft beer and all of the bottled KBC beer that you drink on the mainland isn't really from Hawaii. It's brewed and bottled in Portland, Oregon. Which makes sense: why ship stuff to Hawaii, make the beer, and ship it back? Kona's brewers make regular QC visits to Widmer's in PDX who make the beer for them. Anheuser-Busch also owns a minority stake in each of those companies so it's keeping it within the family.
Old Jan 22, 2010, 12:17 pm

Programs: back to AA PLT, 1.6+MM
'tried it; 'much prefer the Guinness at Tigin a few gates down.

Although I do like some of their beers at their pub on the Big Island. And the pizza.
Old Jan 22, 2010, 12:26 pm
HNL
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Wirelessly posted (Mozilla/5.0 (iPhone; U; CPU iPhone OS 3_1_2 like Mac OS X; en-us) AppleWebKit/528.18 (KHTML, like Gecko) Version/4.0 Mobile/7D11 Safari/528.16)

Originally Posted by brp

Cheers.
I'm prety sure there is a silly blue law that prevents the sale of liquor at 05:30.
Old Jan 22, 2010, 12:55 pm
Moderator: Alaska Mileage Plan

Originally Posted by HNL
I'm pretty sure there is a silly blue law that prevents the sale of liquor at 05:30.
Technically, I think blue laws are restrictions on Sunday commerce. Texas does still have a silly law that prohibits serving alcohol before 7:00 am on Monday-Saturday.
Old Jan 22, 2010, 12:58 pm
Moderator: Coupon Connection & S.P.A.M

Programs: Destination Unknown, TSA Disparager Diamond (LTDD)
Wow! This is one of the best porters I've had, and I usually try to drink some whenever in Hawaii. Awesome!

Contact Us - Manage Preferences - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

This site is owned, operated, and maintained by MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Designated trademarks are the property of their respective owners.