Community
Wiki Posts
Search

Linking two seperate AA and BA itineraries?

Search this Thread

Old Oct 18, 2009, 9:02 pm
Original Poster

Programs: BA Silver | AA LT Gold | EY Silver | Marriott LT Titanium
Linking two seperate AA and BA itineraries?

I have travel from DFW to DXB booked as follows:

DFW-LHR (AA) Y (SWU waitlisted for C)
LHR-DXB (BA) WT+

DXB-LHR (BA) CW
LHR-DFW (AA) Y, SWU cleared to C

The AA legs (DFW-LHR) and BA legs (LHR-DXB) are on seperate itineraries for a number of reasons: AA unable to book WT+ on a codeshare (or even as a BA flight on AA stock), AA not having access to BA I fares (got a super cheap seat in CW from DXB-LHR), and also there being issues with combining Y travel on AA (since I am using SWUs) with J travel on BA on the same itinerary at the time of booking (nevermind the lack of WT+ or I fares in J).

My only concern is in the event that I misconnect... you get the idea. So is there any way for me to "link" my AA/BA itineraries so that in the event that I do misconnect, I can be put on another flight?

I have had success doing this with CO/AF in the past: had a CO flight from AUS to IAH be significantly delayed so AF put me on the later flight from IAH to CDG, even though they were completely seperate itineraries (and the funny thing is, in this case, I didn't even actively link the itins - simply checking my bags through at AUS was enough apparently).
Old Oct 19, 2009, 1:38 am

Programs: None since COVID - yet!
Originally Posted by Hyperacusis
I have travel from DFW to DXB booked as follows:

DFW-LHR (AA) Y (SWU waitlisted for C)
LHR-DXB (BA) WT+

DXB-LHR (BA) CW
LHR-DFW (AA) Y, SWU cleared to C

The AA legs (DFW-LHR) and BA legs (LHR-DXB) are on seperate itineraries for a number of reasons: AA unable to book WT+ on a codeshare (or even as a BA flight on AA stock), AA not having access to BA I fares (got a super cheap seat in CW from DXB-LHR), and also there being issues with combining Y travel on AA (since I am using SWUs) with J travel on BA on the same itinerary at the time of booking (nevermind the lack of WT+ or I fares in J).

My only concern is in the event that I misconnect... you get the idea. So is there any way for me to "link" my AA/BA itineraries so that in the event that I do misconnect, I can be put on another flight?

I have had success doing this with CO/AF in the past: had a CO flight from AUS to IAH be significantly delayed so AF put me on the later flight from IAH to CDG, even though they were completely seperate itineraries (and the funny thing is, in this case, I didn't even actively link the itins - simply checking my bags through at AUS was enough apparently).
I had a similar situation once, and they (AA) linked the itineraries for me at check in because I asked for bags to be checked through. When I looked at my AA res online, I could see the BA legs too as if it was all one booking. I didn't try to get them linked before checkin so don't know if they would do that for you or not. Of course, if you misconnect in LHR, BA may still give you problems because they will still be able to see it was a separate ticket and could enforce any change fees etc if you miss the flight regardless, but at least it would probably reduce the odds....

Contact Us - Manage Preferences - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

This site is owned, operated, and maintained by MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Designated trademarks are the property of their respective owners.