Go Back  FlyerTalk Forums > Miles&Points > Airlines and Mileage Programs > American Airlines | AAdvantage
Reload this Page >

PIT / Pittsburgh International Airport Admirals Club (master thread)

Community
Wiki Posts
Search
Old May 7, 2015, 10:22 pm
FlyerTalk Forums Expert How-Tos and Guides
Last edit by: JDiver
Signed in members with 90 days / 90 posts can edit this Wikipost; wiki contents may be printed by using the (lower right wiki corner)

PIT / Pittsburgh International Airport Mezzanine Admirals Club

Link to PIT AA airport information.

Link to PIT airport web site.

HOURS: The hours are posted on aa.com here.

AMENITIES:
  • 4,753 sw ft, capacity for 89 guests
  • Airport views.
  • “zoned music”, automated shades, mood lighting
  • Complimentary Wi-Fi
  • 93% of seating has USB power
  • some seating with wireless smartphone charging pads on side tables
  • an “an expanded self-service food station with cookies, chips, crudités, fruit, baked goods, hot soup, oatmeal, yogurt and salads, as well as new self-serve coffee/tea station and Coca-Cola Freestyle soda fountain”.
  • Food for purchase
The archived pre-2019 PIT Admirals Club thread can be read here.

Print Wikipost

Search this Thread

Old Apr 5, 2009, 6:03 pm
Moderator: American AAdvantage
Original Poster

Programs: AA LT Plat; HH LT Diamond, Maître-plongeur des Muccis

PIT / Pittsburgh International Airport Main Lobby Mezzanine Admirals Club

Last edited by JDiver; May 7, 2015 at 10:27 pm
Old Jun 1, 2010, 1:11 pm

Programs: Star Alliance Gold, SPG Plat, Hilton Gold, Marriott Silver, Avis Rock Star
PIT / Pittsburg Int'l. Airport Admirals Club (master threads)

Haven't been in the actual cub at PIT in a while. How is it?

And, more importantly is it worth the day pass? (I'm actually flying UA in F, so not sure if I get comped access or have to pay). I know, I know this has been brought up a million times in various threads, but I don't usually pay much attention b/c I have had a club membership for years, just not anymore)
Old Jun 1, 2010, 1:23 pm
TPJ

Programs: TK*G (E+), IHG Plat Ambassador
Originally Posted by liveon777
How is it?

And, more importantly is it worth the day pass? (I'm actually flying UA in F, so not sure if I get comped access or have to pay).
How is it? Quite empty these days... it still remembers times PIT was a hub for US. But not that empty as one would think...

There are some breakfast items in the morning, some snacks during the day.

The design is quite interesting... kind of cubicles with armchairs and not an open space as with other lounges...

F on UA will not get you a complimentary access. However, you will get access if you hold a non-UA/US/CO *A Gold card.
Old Jun 1, 2010, 1:28 pm

Programs: US Chairman, Delta Silver, UA Premier, Hyatt Platinum
If you're going to be waiting around for more than an hour, I'd go for the day pass. The PIT club is still one of my favorites, as I'm in there at least once a week. The Club agents are awesome, and I love Joann, the 80+ year old bartender! They're starting to spruce up the club a lot - new blinds, and talk of new furniture and new carpeting. It was decently crowded last night, but you can still find a quiet corner to work or relax.

Being on United in F, you're not automatically granted club access. If you're flying int'l on UA, then I'm not 100% sure...they'd probably let you in.

Last edited by USFlyer26; Jun 1, 2010 at 7:21 pm
Old Nov 27, 2010, 9:53 am

Programs: AA Plat
Wink PIT Club Access

Quick question I'm hoping some locals from Pittsburgh or frequent travelers to the Steel City can answer for me:

I really only fly American (yeah, I drank the Kool Aid,) and am traveling out of PIT tonight on AA. There is no Admirals Club (of which I am happily a member) at PIT but they do have a US club (of which my father is a member.)

What should my father say to get a gate pass at the US counter so he can get me into the club? As mentioned, I'm on AA, and I'm not sure how believable a "business meeting" is on the Saturday evening after T'giving as the excuse to get a gate pass?

Thoughts? Advice? Suggestions?

PS GO STEELERS!!!

Last edited by aztimm; Nov 27, 2010 at 9:57 am Reason: changed text color to make post readable
Old Nov 27, 2010, 9:58 am
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Programs: AF Platinum, EK Gold, AA EXP, UA 1K, Hyatt Globalist
An Amex Platinum or Centurion card will get you into the US Airways Club even though you are not flying US.
I was on AA a couple weeks ago and went to the club fully prepared to buy a day pass. The agent said just the Amex card is all they need.
Old Nov 27, 2010, 10:00 am
Suspended

A club membership in itself will not get the member a gate pass. The only way to get a gate pass without actually traveling is to have a meeting room in the club reserved.
Old Nov 27, 2010, 5:18 pm

Programs: AA EXP, Amex Plat
Can someone explain why the PIT club closes at 5:15 on Sat night?

Sitting at the gate right now for my flight after being thrown out of the PIT club at 5:15 when it closed on a saturday night. There must have still been 30-40 people in there, probably most being amex plat guests (my guess). Seems silly that it would close so early. Doesn't US get paid each time an amex member enters? If so, i have to imagine that they would make money if the club stayed open.
Old Nov 27, 2010, 5:59 pm
PHL
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Programs: AA PLT, DL SLV, UA SLV, MR LTT, HH DIA
How many more US flights depart after 515pm? That may be the answer right there....
Old Nov 27, 2010, 6:46 pm

Programs: None anymore
Posted Closing Time is 5:15pm

Per the posted schedule on US Airways club website:
Pittsburgh closes @ 1715 hours

Main lobby past security, Mezzanine level

Hours:
Sun - Fri 5:30 AM - 8:15 PM
Sat 5:30 AM - 5:15 PM
Conference rooms: 3
Old Nov 27, 2010, 9:13 pm

Programs: USAirways CP
I'm kind of surprised you had that many people in there. The couple of times I've been in there this year it has been like a ghost town. A dozen at most.

Club hours in general are disappointing to me. I was in one of the PHX lounges and the lady tells me they close at 5pm so I had to walk down to the other lounge (I guess 2 of the 3 lounges close at 5pm and the other around 8pm).

Same for early flights. Not only are the airport restaurants not open, neither are the lounges.

I guess you can't have everything but I share your annoyance.
Old Nov 27, 2010, 9:40 pm

Programs: Alaska-MVP100k; AA-Plat; HH-Diamond; Hertz Pres
As PHL pointed out, there aren't many flights leaving after 5:15p on Saturdays. I think US' last flight for the day on Saturdays is a 5:45p flight to PHL. So 5:15p makes sense.

That said, some other US clubs leave much before last flight. Sundays at RDU or DCA comes to mind.
Old Nov 27, 2010, 10:44 pm
Suspended

Originally Posted by WASBLR

That said, some other US clubs leave much before last flight. Sundays at RDU or DCA comes to mind.
DCA is open 9pm on Sundays. What leaves after 9pm out of DCA??
Old Nov 27, 2010, 10:54 pm

Programs: None
About 15 flights with the latest departures at 10:05pm.

Jim
Old Nov 28, 2010, 12:23 am

Originally Posted by TiredOfTooMuchTravel
DCA is open 9pm on Sundays. What leaves after 9pm out of DCA??
DCA is a little different. Senators, Congressman and other government officails may be arriving or there may be a delayed flight for our privileged.

Northwest always had a premium wine at their DCA club versus the cheaper stuff at their other clubs.

Its our privileged.

Contact Us - Manage Preferences - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

This site is owned, operated, and maintained by MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Designated trademarks are the property of their respective owners.