Community
Wiki Posts
Search

Best Chance for Upgrade?

Search this Thread

Old Jun 22, 2005, 6:01 pm

Programs: HHonors Diamond, Marriott Silver, UA Premier 1K, AA Gold (MM)
Originally Posted by cpmairtight
The Irony
FINALLY Got upgraded. First time all year
I go to the gate yesterday and heard "Mr cpmairtight, please report to the podium."
We all know what is coming next.
GA: "We have to downgrade you, a seat is broken, and the occupant is paying full fare, your out!" BUT we will still take care of you, meal and drinks are still coming your way.

Never did get those drinks or the meal, no real loss, but I am dying to know who in thier right mind would pay full fare for a F seat on AWA? No offense, but there are not that many domestic F products worth paying for.

I called again, and got upgrade on the way home, can't wait to see what excuse is used for this downgrade...

Can't catch a break. oh well
The other good reason to pay for First is that, in the event of a delayed connection or a cancelled flight, all airlines tend to go little further to solve your problem. I've experienced this on HP a couple of times. On one occasion, my flight to PHX was cancelled and later HP flights would miss my connection to ORD. While folks were grumbling and complaining in the terminal, I was quietly being interlined to AA through LAX to ORD. Another time, my flight into PHX was delayed and there was a tram waiting at the gate in PHX to take me to my connecting flight, which was being held for me.

Elite or not, this wouldn't have happened if I was in the back.

So, that's why the extra $$ are worth it for me.

Mallthus
Old Jun 23, 2005, 12:36 pm

Programs: America Worst
Originally Posted by cpmairtight
Never did get those drinks or the meal, no real loss, but I am dying to know who in thier right mind would pay full fare for a F seat on AWA? No offense, but there are not that many domestic F products worth paying for.

Can't catch a break. oh well

I am one of those that dont have a "right mind"
F is the only way to go when its a company expense.
Sitting in coach after almost always being in F is really ugly.

bltserv
Old Jun 24, 2005, 8:59 am

Programs: AA Ex Plat, Hilton Diamond, Marriott Silver
Originally Posted by bltserv
I am one of those that dont have a "right mind"
F is the only way to go when its a company expense.
Sitting in coach after almost always being in F is really ugly.

bltserv
Does your company not have rules about flying paid F? I know our company and the companies of those flyers I run into on planes never allow you to pay for F or even Full Y if you can pay for cheaper. I need to find a company that let's me pay for F. I'd be a happy camper

Lance
Old Jun 24, 2005, 4:16 pm
Original Poster

Programs: US PLT, UA 1P
No doubt. . . I wish my co. would pay for F.

I did a gig in Europe where the client even suggested I fly biz/F and they were paying, but b/c my company booked the ticket, I flew coach. did get biz for one leg (over the pond), but only b/c that the only seat they had when I needed to go.

This thread should probably be closed now, given no new info has come to light about getting an upgrade

Contact Us - Manage Preferences - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

This site is owned, operated, and maintained by MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Designated trademarks are the property of their respective owners.