Community
Wiki Posts
Search

Fly First Class and Earn Elite Status!

Search this Thread

Old Feb 26, 2005, 12:20 pm
Original Poster

Programs: AA-EXP (1.7MM), BA-Slvr, HH-Diamond
Exclamation Fly First Class and Earn Elite Status!

This promo shows up on the FF page, but when you click on it a registration form comes up with no details of the promo. I assume they'll fix it later. It's probably a repeat of last years "Fly x number of times for Silver/Gold" promo.

Old Feb 28, 2005, 3:25 pm
Original Poster

Cool Repeat.

Well, they fixed the webpage, and it is the exact same promo from last year.
Old Feb 28, 2005, 4:13 pm

Thumbs up

Originally Posted by ByrdluvsAWACO
This promo shows up on the FF page, but when you click on it a registration form comes up with no details of the promo. I assume they'll fix it later. It's probably a repeat of last years "Fly x number of times for Silver/Gold" promo.

What I always wondered is that if you have the spare cash to fly the minimum number of times in F to get status, why would Gold/Silver mean anything to you? I mean, F gets access to elite security, F checkin, etc etc. The only benefit I can think of is the 50% bonus and lounge access.

Wouldn't it be cheaper to schedule a couple of Mileage Runs in if status really was your main worry? I'm assuming of course, that folks would already have some miles banked and it would be cheaper to round off their account to hit the 25k or 50k threshold.

Just sayin'.
Old Feb 28, 2005, 11:26 pm
In Memoriam, FlyerTalk Evangelist

Programs: AA EXP/MM, DL GM, UA Platinum, HH DIA, Hyatt Explorist, IHG Platinum, Marriott Titanium, Hertz PC
I love how they say "affordable First Class", implying that any other airline prices their cabin so high, no one can afford the outrageous prices.
Old Mar 1, 2005, 1:47 pm
Original Poster

Cool No worth to Platinums

As a plat, I don't really have any use for this promo. If, after completing this promo, I only had to fly an additional 30k(or 30 segs) for plat status then it would be of some worth.
Old Mar 1, 2005, 2:05 pm

Programs: Co Plat - Marriott Plat
Originally Posted by CMK10
I love how they say "affordable First Class", implying that any other airline prices their cabin so high, no one can afford the outrageous prices.
That's mostly true... except America Wests' 1st isn't much cheaper!

Contact Us - Manage Preferences - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

This site is owned, operated, and maintained by MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Designated trademarks are the property of their respective owners.