Search

Club in LAS

Search this Thread

Old Dec 6, 2002, 3:42 pm
sgm
Original Poster

Programs: BA Gold
Club in LAS

I will ahve a few hours to kill at LAS and will ahve access to the AW Club? As this would be my first time could someone tell me if it is nice, the services avialable etc...

Many thanks
Old Dec 7, 2002, 8:31 am
Original Member

It's the best club in LAS.
Old Dec 7, 2002, 10:46 am
Original Member

Programs: AAdvantage EXP/1mm/Admirals,United Silver+Club (life),Marriott Titanium,Hilton & Accor Gold
The interior of this club was updated with new furnishings about a year ago. It is a fairly comfortable and spacious lounge. The staff, especially the contracted bartenders, are outstanding. The one disadvantage is its location outside of security.

Services available:
- ticket agent with ability to issue boarding passes and other assistance
- complimentary bar service (beer, wine, liquor, soft drinks, fruit juice, coffee, etc.)
- continental breakfast in the AM, light snacks at other times
- satelite television
- comfortable seating
- work stations with complimentary local phone service, as well as a Sprint phone
- self-service copier
Old Dec 7, 2002, 2:45 pm
sgm
Original Poster

Programs: BA Gold
Many thanks for the info. Sounds good.
Old Dec 10, 2002, 3:24 pm
Original Member

Location: In protest of Flyertalk's uncalledfor censoring of my point of view, I cancelled my InsideFlyer subscription. So long, and thanks for everything.
<font face="Verdana, Arial, Helvetica, sans-serif" size="2">Originally posted by QuietLion:
It's the best club in LAS. </font>

It's the ONLY club in LAS. But I do miss it, being ENHANCED by the CO Presidents Club.
Old Dec 11, 2002, 9:34 pm

Programs: AA-EXP (1.7MM), BA-Slvr, HH-Diamond
<font face="Verdana, Arial, Helvetica, sans-serif" size="2">
The interior of this club was updated with new furnishings about a year ago.
</font>
With all the money that flows into LAS, I wonder why the rest of the airport looks so ratty. 50+ yo men walking around with their 25yo playthings, guys looking like they just stepped out of a disco, and women of questionable morality gives the whole place the feel of Circus Circus Hotel.

The restaurants are absolutely horrible. A Taco Bell and HotDog City in each concourse? Oh yeah, that's fine dining.

Makes me shiver just thinking about it.
------------------
God Bless America West and British Airways

HP - Platinum/800k miles
BA - Dirt/Soon to be Gold
NW - Dirt/Soon to be Plat
UA - Dirt/19k miles
AA - Dirt/Only using to get BA Tier points/miles.

[This message has been edited by ByrdluvsAWACO (edited 12-11-2002).]
Old Dec 11, 2002, 10:07 pm
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Programs: UA Plat 2MM. DL Plat, AS MVP
<font face="Verdana, Arial, Helvetica, sans-serif" size="2">Originally posted by ByrdluvsAWACO:
With all the money that flows into LAS, I wonder why the rest of the airport looks so ratty. 50+ yo men walking around with their 25yo playthings, guys looking like they just stepped out of a disco, and women of questionable morality gives the whole place the feel of Circus Circus Hotel.

The restaurants are absolutely horrible. A Taco Bell and HotDog City in each concourse? Oh yeah, that's fine dining.

Makes me shiver just thinking about it.
</font>
The new terminal is much, much better, with upgraded food services.

About the Club... I think the HP club at LAS is one of the best US airline clubs around (comparing to all the majors). The agents are super, the food is varried, and the atmosphere is quiet.

Old Dec 12, 2002, 12:02 am

<font face="Verdana, Arial, Helvetica, sans-serif" size="2">Originally posted by ByrdluvsAWACO:
... 50+ yo men walking around with their 25yo playthings...</font>
Yeah, ain't that cool! I only wish I could do it more often.

------------------
Never ask a question that you don't want to know the answer.

Contact Us - Manage Preferences Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

This site is owned, operated, and maintained by MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Designated trademarks are the property of their respective owners.