Go Back  FlyerTalk Forums > Miles&Points > Discontinued Programs/Partners > America West FlightFund (Pre-2005 US Airways merger)
Reload this Page >

Do flights on CO and/or NW get you 1.5/2/2.25 miles if you're HP elite?

Community
Wiki Posts
Search

Search this Thread

Old Jun 24, 2002, 9:19 pm
Original Poster

Programs: UA Global Services, AA Lifetime ExecPlat, LH Senator, SQ PPS Solitaire, Hyatt Courtesy Card

I can't believe I'm having such a hard time figuring this out. Can someone help me?

I know from HP web site and calling them and searching FT that [all CO flights until Sept. 24] and [qualifying NW flights, basically any international ones] get you FlightFund base miles AND those miles qualify for FlightFund elite status.

But do they get you the actual mileage bonus in FlightFund, i.e. 1.5x for silver, 2.0x for gold and 2.25x for platinum?

I just had 2 different HP agents tell me two different answers. Can someone please advise? Thank you.
Old Jun 24, 2002, 10:26 pm

Programs: UA1k;HH Gold;MR Gold
Since when do they qualify for elite status?

My NW flight to Japan most definately did not count towards elite- have they changed their policy recently?

I did not get the PLT bonus miles either if that helps
Old Jun 24, 2002, 10:42 pm

I had 4 segments on CO last year and I received my America West Elite bonus on all of them.
Old Jun 24, 2002, 10:51 pm

Programs: UA1k;HH Gold;MR Gold
Since when do they qualify for elite status?

My NW flight to Japan most definately did not count towards elite- have they changed their policy recently?

I did not get the PLT bonus miles either if that helps
Old Jun 25, 2002, 1:45 am
Original Member

Programs: AAdvantage EXP/1mm/Admirals,United Silver+Club (life),Marriott Titanium,Hilton & Accor Gold
jan_az,

The website is fairly clear that any Northwest flight eligible for FlightFund credit counts toward Elite status. Additionally, class of service bonuses will be awarded (if applicable). I'm not sure if this has always been the policy, but will be happy to research this for you. When was your trip to Japan?

And yes, thesilb, Continental flights credited to FlightFund earn Elite bonuses (50% Silver, 100% Gold, 125% Platinum).

Edited to clarify on Elite bonuses: The printed Elite membership guide indicates, "Receive an Elite mileage bonus in addition to the actual flight mileage earned when you complete flights
operated by America West, America West Express, Continental Airlines and Continental Express. America West Express
is operated by Mesa Airlines, Air Midwest
and/or Chautauqua Airlines." So, thesilb and jan_az must be correct-- no Elite bonuses on Northwest Airlines (though the miles earned are Elite-qualifying).

[This message has been edited by TransWorldOne (edited 06-28-2002).]
Old Jun 25, 2002, 2:37 pm
Original Poster

Programs: UA Global Services, AA Lifetime ExecPlat, LH Senator, SQ PPS Solitaire, Hyatt Courtesy Card
Thanks folks, I understand now that CO flights get 1.5/2.0/2.25.

And do NW flights (qualifying ones outside the US) also get the bonus 1.5/2.0/2.25? Thanks.

Just trying to be perfectly clear in planning some last minute pre Sept 24 mileage runs.
Old Jun 27, 2002, 10:35 pm
Original Poster

It was very hard to get an answer to this. I called six times, three to the Platinum number and three to the FF service center number. Two of the platinum agents were very, very confused and took over 5 minutes to get the answer - and both said that you DO get the bonus when flying NW.

All 3 of the FF SC folks and one of the Platinum res agents immediately answered that you do NOT get it on NW. So, I guess it seems more probable that you do NOT get the bonus although the miles DO qualify for elite re-up.

They must not have too many people fly NW?!? I can't believe they can't just spit this out. One res agent said "gosh, tough question...i've worked for HP for 6 years and nobody has ever asked me that."
Old Jun 29, 2002, 10:56 pm

<font face="Verdana, Arial, Helvetica, sans-serif" size="2">Originally posted by thesilb:
Do flights on CO and/or NW get you 1.5/2/2.25 miles if you're HP elite?.</font>
Yes, if the flights qualify for miles.

------------------
Let the whole town say that you're bad, everyone you know should be glad, just to know for a moment they had, the pleasure of you.

Contact Us - Manage Preferences Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

This site is owned, operated, and maintained by MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Designated trademarks are the property of their respective owners.