Go Back  FlyerTalk Forums > Miles&Points > Discontinued Programs/Partners > America West FlightFund (Pre-2005 US Airways merger)
Reload this Page >

Silver status for new members with 6 segs by June 30; must pre-register

Community
Wiki Posts
Search

Search this Thread

Old May 22, 2002, 7:03 am
Original Poster

Programs: MSP raised, Elite since age 17

From my HHonors statement yesterday:

From May 1 to June 30, simply fly six America West Airlines segments and earn Silver Elite status or fly 10 America West segments and earn Gold status. The FlightFund Elite program offers unlimited upgrades, priority seating, and much more.

Offer applies to new FlightFund members only. You must register at www.americawest.com/flightfund/promotions/ff_elitehilton.htm and input code HHSC. For complete terms and conditions, please see Web site.
Old May 22, 2002, 7:24 am

If you follow the link:

<font face="Verdana, Arial, Helvetica, sans-serif" size="2">Terms and Conditions:

Existing and new FlightFund members qualify for this offer.</font>
Old May 22, 2002, 8:39 am
Original Poster

Upgrade Me: good catch!!
Old May 22, 2002, 8:49 am

Programs: UA1k;HH Gold;MR Gold
Existing and new FlightFund members qualify for this offer. To become a FlightFund member you can enroll online or call the FlightFund Service Center at 800-247-5691. Offer not valid for existing elite members. Complimentary First Class upgrades are based on availability, and may not be available on all flights. America West reserves the right to change or temporarily suspend any aspect of the FlightFund program, with or without notice. This includes all promotional offers and mileage bonuses.
Old May 23, 2002, 12:07 am

Programs: Outgrew all status except AA: Plat for life (the program's); Costco: Ex Plat
<font face="Verdana, Arial, Helvetica, sans-serif" size="2">Originally posted by jan_az:
Offer not valid for existing elite members. </font>
As an HP Silver who worked very hard to obtain my elite status, this *REALLY* friggin' P-SSES ME OFF. To think I went to all the trouble to accumulate extra segments and flights, even after Sept 11 when everyone was supposedly afraid to fly -- and then to have some snot-nose newbies pass me to the Gold line like I'm standing still ...

I have absolutely had it with promos that flip the birdie to existing loyal customers.

Old May 23, 2002, 12:32 am

Bidkat

Please dont take this wrong - I understand,as a PLT who will lose that status next yr how you feel, but I noticed that Hilton Gold in your profile - did you spend all the nites there or do a fast track promo from these boards?

Just curious
Old May 23, 2002, 7:06 am

Programs: Outgrew all status except AA: Plat for life (the program's); Costco: Ex Plat
<font face="Verdana, Arial, Helvetica, sans-serif" size="2">Originally posted by jan_az:
I noticed that Hilton Gold in your profile - did you spend all the nites there or do a fast track promo from these boards?
</font>
Neither. Got HH Silver as an HP elite offer, upgraded to Gold with code found on FT. So I'm a hypocrite, right? I don't think so. HH status is hardly comparable to airline status. And airlines don't hand out elite status like candy they way Hilton does. At least, HP didn't until recently.
Old May 23, 2002, 7:43 am

Location: Southwest Desert, under a rock, watch out! ~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~<" You can get there, but it's gonna cost you!
Programs: Previously NonePass, now UA 1K (*Enhanced*)
We'll know that HP's "new" business fare structure is working when they stop giving out elite status like candy.

p.s. Corporate AWArds has extended it's elite status match until September.
<font face="Verdana, Arial, Helvetica, sans-serif" size="2">Now through September 30, 2002, Corporate AWArds members will automatically achieve FlightFund Elite status, if they are an Elite member of another airline's frequent flyer program</font>
[This message has been edited by snake (edited 05-23-2002).]
Old May 23, 2002, 7:53 am

Programs: AA Plat, HHonors (working back up)
Bidkat,
I know how you feel. I flew 125k miles on HP last year, and they extended PLAT to all the people who had not earned it. I guess this accounts for the fact that I'm batting 75% this year for upgrades (I'm riding home in Y this afternoon from Newark). I'm persuing some local work and have only earned gold for next year. Do you think they'll let me keep PLAT if I fall 5 or 10k miles short?
Old May 23, 2002, 8:00 am
Original Poster

Talk about being flipped the bird.....

I think HP is making a wise busniess decision to lure frequent customers over in light of the CO divorse. If up-and-coming HP elites had to earn elite from scratch, I think HP would have far fewer people even try.

At the very least, I think the promo Silver and Gold will only run through Feb. 2003-- 4 months after CO breaks ties-- and IMHO, you'll have less competition with the Fast-track HP elites than you currently do with the CO Elites now. Come October, this CO Plat will be in the back of the bus, period.
Old May 23, 2002, 10:10 am

"As a valued HHonors member we wish to extend you Northwest Silver status"

I got this offer, 3 times, once each thru Hilton, Avis, and Marriot. HP is not the only airline handing out status like candy. I feel your pain ( wow hows that for new age garbage )- but comped status is a fact of life these days
Old May 23, 2002, 1:19 pm

I can almost understand giving away the Silver Status, but giving away Gold too???? All it takes is only one ORD-CMH-PHX-LAS round trip , two will net you Gold. Talk about giving away the store. &lt;sigh&gt;

[This message has been edited by Ord26 (edited 05-23-2002).]
Old May 23, 2002, 1:42 pm
Original Poster

A $59 RT (americawest.com) LAX-LAS-PHX-TUS and back does the trick for Silver. Except for the Sat. night stay, you could do this in 1 easy day. Heck, $118 for 2 nested tickets gives you a night at home, and Gold when you get back.

Too bad I don't live on the west coast anymore.
Old May 24, 2002, 12:14 pm

<font face="Verdana, Arial, Helvetica, sans-serif" size="2">Originally posted by Viajero Joven:
I think the promo Silver and Gold will only run through Feb. 2003-- 4 months after CO breaks ties-- and IMHO, you'll have less competition with the Fast-track HP elites than you currently do with the CO Elites now.</font>
Good point, Viajero. I had assumed anyone earning status thru this promo would have it thru Feb 2004, just as anyone earning it "legitly" would. I'll check on it.

As for CO, my understanding is all foreign carrier elites were behind me as an HP elite -- even Silver. So I shouldn't have to compete with them anyway (except when the computer forgets to upgrade me).
Old May 24, 2002, 12:17 pm

"As a valued HHonors member we wish to extend you Northwest Silver status"
(
</font>
Now that I've given myself thrombosis over status giveaways, how'd you get that invitation? :-) Did you fly on Northwest, or did those partners just send you an ad anyway?

As long as everyone's handing out candy, I might as well go ahead and get a cavity too.

Contact Us - Manage Preferences Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

This site is owned, operated, and maintained by MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Designated trademarks are the property of their respective owners.