Community
Wiki Posts
Search

ANA-operated with a United ticket questions

Search this Thread

Old Feb 15, 2024, 9:06 am
Original Poster

ANA-operated with a United ticket questions

I'm flying to Japan later this year. The itinerary is ticketed through United, and is premium economy. The long-haul flights both ways are on ANA-operated equipment, with some US domestic flight legs operated by United or Republic. I'm using my United frequent flyer # for these flights. My questions are:

(1) Is there any way to register this flight such that it shows up in the ANA/AMC app?
(2) If yes, is there any advantage to doing so? (Specifically I'm thinking about lounge access, and whether having a visibly ANA-labelled boarding pass will make for a smoother experience.)

Thank you!
Old Feb 15, 2024, 9:11 am
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Programs: UA 1K, MR LTT, HH Dia, Amex Plat
Sure, you can input the NH PNR. That said, it will not make any difference whatsoever for lounge access or otherwise.
Selecting seats is best done with NH for NH segments, but that’s a one time thing you can do on the website.
Old Feb 15, 2024, 9:23 am
Original Poster

Is there a way to make the PNR "sticky" in the app? I find I have to enter it anew every time I launch.

Re: Lounge access, my belief is that I technically get it if I'm in premium economy on an NH-operated international flight, and I'm just thinking ahead and wondering if presenting a United boarding pass for that is going to trigger a reflexive "no" from the lounge agent.

Last edited by traveltruly; Feb 15, 2024 at 9:25 am Reason: minor change
Old Feb 15, 2024, 6:27 pm

Originally Posted by traveltruly
Is there a way to make the PNR "sticky" in the app? I find I have to enter it anew every time I launch.

Re: Lounge access, my belief is that I technically get it if I'm in premium economy on an NH-operated international flight, and I'm just thinking ahead and wondering if presenting a United boarding pass for that is going to trigger a reflexive "no" from the lounge agent.
Why don't you find out and let us know? Would be interested in result, Possible that the bottom of the boarding pass says 'invited to xx lounge'. Most of the time the UC agents just scan and go

Also, this "NH operated PE getting lounge access" isn't true in every intl airport that NH departs from , you have to confirm the specific airport /lounge
Old Feb 16, 2024, 12:29 pm

Programs: JMB, AMC
Different situation, but I was flying ANA J out of ORD on a UA award ticket and IIRC the check in agent gave me a separate slip for access to the United Polaris Lounge.
Perhaps it's the same procedure at other airports if your class and lounge allows.
Old Feb 16, 2024, 3:28 pm
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Programs: JAL Metal Card (OWE), SAS Eurobonus Gold (*G), Marriott Titanium (LTP), Tokyu Hotels Platinum
Originally Posted by paperwastage
Why don't you find out and let us know? Would be interested in result, Possible that the bottom of the boarding pass says 'invited to xx lounge'. Most of the time the UC agents just scan and go

Also, this "NH operated PE getting lounge access" isn't true in every intl airport that NH departs from , you have to confirm the specific airport /lounge
It is true, that it is not all airports that offers premium economy lounge access. Some like Germany are a bit odd as Lufthansa group lounges gives access in Vienna and Brussels.

The full list of locations without PY lounge access is
German airports
Delhi
Hanoi
Manila
Pnohm Penh
Yangon
Seoul
Airports in China
Airports in Taiwan
Hong Kong

Some may just be because they don't fly with premium economy to that destination.
​​​​

Contact Us - Manage Preferences - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

This site is owned, operated, and maintained by MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Designated trademarks are the property of their respective owners.