Go Back  FlyerTalk Forums > Miles&Points > Airlines and Mileage Programs > All Nippon Airways | ANA Mileage Club
Reload this Page >

International transfer between HND Terminal 2 & 3

Community
Wiki Posts
Search

Search this Thread

Old Feb 14, 2024, 12:41 pm
Original Poster

I see that HND services both terminal 2 & 3 at Haneda. When making an international connection, say JFK-HND-SIN is it likely I would need to change terminals? I'd probably be in business class, if that matters.
Old Feb 14, 2024, 1:15 pm

Programs: JMB, AMC
It really depends on the route. ANA's news ticker from late last year states terminals are subject to change, but going by today's schedule though, JFK-HND lands in T3 and HND-SIN will leave from T2
I'd give myself enough time for a terminal change on the connection if booking now.
Old Feb 14, 2024, 1:41 pm
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Programs: JAL Metal Card (OWE), SAS Eurobonus Gold (*G), Marriott Titanium (LTP), Tokyu Hotels Platinum
Originally Posted by zitsky
I see that HND services both terminal 2 & 3 at Haneda. When making an international connection, say JFK-HND-SIN is it likely I would need to change terminals? I'd probably be in business class, if that matters.
The schedule of flights departing from T2 is set until March 30th. They say arrivals are only decided two hours, in practical terms it is more planned than that, but irrops could of course change the flows. So unless things are out of the ordinary, JFK will arrive in T3

https://www.ana.co.jp/en/us/travel-i...info/#anchor01

There is an airside bus running, you will need to go through security at the departure terminal, not the arrival terminal. Though US arrivals are normally without transit security, in the bus it will be mixed with other arrivals so security will be needed. Don't take the connection route for US arrivals in general, but be sure to ask for T2 connections.

And no being in business class will not matter, they can't park different cabins at different terminals.
Old Feb 14, 2024, 1:43 pm
Original Poster

Originally Posted by Jinxed_K
It really depends on the route. ANA's news ticker from late last year states terminals are subject to change, but going by today's schedule though, JFK-HND lands in T3 and HND-SIN will leave from T2
I'd give myself enough time for a terminal change on the connection if booking now.
Sure, thank you so much. No this isn't travel in the near future. Not until December. I have just heard good things about ANA so I am thinking to try it.

I just have no idea how much time to plan on a transfer in HND, from terminal 2 to 3. An hour, maybe half an hour? I've heard horror stories about how long the security and immigration lines are at HND, but I suppose, I hope, that won't affect me if I am just transfering from one international flight to another international flight? Or will it?

It looks like there is a sale going on right now between ANA, JAL, United. About $9000 round trip business class JFK-SIN for two passengers. It's tempting, but I don't know what a good price is! lol I was hoping to spend $7-9K so maybe I should jump on it.

If I'm in business class I'd prefer to have a layover of at least 4-6 hours so I can check out the lounge. My husband likes shorter, no more than 3-4 hr. I have never been on ANA or in the business class lounge at HND. I am debating between the ROOM and staggered business class.

Again, thank you very much! I have been slowly looking at prices for weeks now, waiting for the right time to book travel in Dec 24/Jan 25.
Old Feb 14, 2024, 2:27 pm
Original Poster

Originally Posted by CPH-Flyer
And no being in business class will not matter, they can't park different cabins at different terminals.
But they still have the red carpet I get to walk on from one terminal to the other, right? I saw it in a movie once.
Old Feb 14, 2024, 2:37 pm
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Programs: JAL Metal Card (OWE), SAS Eurobonus Gold (*G), Marriott Titanium (LTP), Tokyu Hotels Platinum
Originally Posted by zitsky
But they still have the red carpet I get to walk on from one terminal to the other, right? I saw it in a movie once.
But of course.
Old Feb 15, 2024, 1:41 am

Programs: UA 1K, Hyatt Globalist
You won't need to go through immigration, but as CPH-Flyer said will likely need to go through security. I'd budget 30 minutes for the bus transfer, including walking from the arrival gate to the pickup point and waiting for the bus, and another 30 minutes for an absolute worst-case security line. With a 3-4 hour layover, that'd still leave you 1-2 hours for the lounge.

ANA's international schedule isn't so extensive to the point where you have several choices of itineraries and layover lengths, and their lounges are nothing outstanding, so I'd just pick the itinerary with the best price and most convenient schedule, in that order.
Old Feb 15, 2024, 8:59 am

Programs: SQ TPPS/*G, Starlux Explorer, (Almost Lifetime) Hyatt Globalist
Originally Posted by CPH-Flyer
The schedule of flights departing from T2 is set until March 30th. They say arrivals are only decided two hours, in practical terms it is more planned than that, but irrops could of course change the flows. So unless things are out of the ordinary, JFK will arrive in T3

https://www.ana.co.jp/en/us/travel-i...info/#anchor01

There is an airside bus running, you will need to go through security at the departure terminal, not the arrival terminal. Though US arrivals are normally without transit security, in the bus it will be mixed with other arrivals so security will be needed. Don't take the connection route for US arrivals in general, but be sure to ask for T2 connections.

I have an overnight ANA int'l to int'l connection and would like to use the T3 airside transit hotel (Royal Park). The outbound flight is now confirmed for T2. Assuming my inbound flight arrives at T3, will there be any problem staying the night at the hotel and using the airside transit bus to T2 the following morning? Lastly, is it safe to assume that late evening HND arrivals will always come into T3?
Old Feb 15, 2024, 1:48 pm
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Originally Posted by bpk6h
I have an overnight ANA int'l to int'l connection and would like to use the T3 airside transit hotel (Royal Park). The outbound flight is now confirmed for T2. Assuming my inbound flight arrives at T3, will there be any problem staying the night at the hotel and using the airside transit bus to T2 the following morning? Lastly, is it safe to assume that late evening HND arrivals will always come into T3?
There should be no problem in using the T3 airside hotel. The staff at transit security (or at the gate if arriving from the US) may point out your flight is from the other terminal just let them know you are going to the airside hotel.
Next morning you may need some staff interaction to get to the level of the bus to T2, but talk to the hotel staff, they will surely know. And don't cut it super fine as you will need some time to change terminals.
bpk6h likes this.
Old Feb 15, 2024, 3:56 pm

Programs: JMB, AMC
I just read about the passes you can get to use the KQ or Monorail between T1/2 and T3. Do these need to be for a same day transfer or can they be for the next morning?
Was planning on staying at the Villa Fontaine when my flight arrives at 9pm in T3, then go to T2 for a domestic flight the next morning. I normally just used the buses that ran between the terminals, but my next trip it would be easier stepping onto a train than a bus with the luggage I'll have.
Old Feb 15, 2024, 4:50 pm
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Originally Posted by Jinxed_K
I just read about the passes you can get to use the KQ or Monorail between T1/2 and T3. Do these need to be for a same day transfer or can they be for the next morning?
Was planning on staying at the Villa Fontaine when my flight arrives at 9pm in T3, then go to T2 for a domestic flight the next morning. I normally just used the buses that ran between the terminals, but my next trip it would be easier stepping onto a train than a bus with the luggage I'll have.
Same day. But it is only 200 yen to take the monorail for a cash ticket.

Contact Us - Manage Preferences - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

This site is owned, operated, and maintained by MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Designated trademarks are the property of their respective owners.