Wiki Posts
Search

ANA Bathroom "Paper Towels"

Search this Thread

Old Feb 13, 2024, 7:14 pm
Original Poster

Programs: AA EXP, Hyatt Globalist, JL JGC
ANA Bathroom "Paper Towels"

I've been wondering about the quality of the paper towels on ANA flights for a while but never bothered posting til my most recent flights. I can't speak for what happens in Y or PY, but in J it seems like there aren't any real paper towels and instead offer paper of a tissue-like consistency to dry your hands.

Has it always been this way on ANA? I took a J flight about 10 years ago and don't remember this being the case then, but perhaps I forgot. Is this an "eco friendly" measure?

(Of course in F they offer gauze towelettes which makes the issue of paper towels vs tissue paper completely moot)
Old Feb 13, 2024, 9:46 pm

Interesting. On my flights in ANA J early last year I don't recall there being anything unusual about the paper towels in the lavatories on the 787 (Staggered J) or 77W (The Room) cabins. But if a change occurred maybe it was during the latter half of 2023?

Moreover, I am trying to remember which airline that I flew in had fabric towels in the premium cabin lavs -- was it QR? Or maybe I am misremembering.

I would note that the cocktail napkins that ANA uses (which are branded with the ITO-EN logo) appear to be recycled eco-friendly paper.
Old Feb 13, 2024, 11:33 pm

Programs: UA*G
On my ANA J flights this year, there were both very soft facial tissues and rather rough paper towels in the lavs. I remember mixing them up quite often!

If memory serves me well, I believe this has been the case for many years (including in Y).

Originally Posted by Stratoliner777
I would note that the cocktail napkins that ANA uses (which are branded with the ITO-EN logo) appear to be recycled eco-friendly paper.
I love the green tea scent on those.
Old Feb 14, 2024, 7:39 am

Programs: ANA Diamond, JAL JGC, Hyatt Globalist, Marriott Ambassador
It’s inconsistent but it’s been the case for many years. They actually started using “normal” paper towels more consistently in 2019, but I still get the occasional flight with tissue paper only.
Old Feb 14, 2024, 8:33 am

On my two recently flights (late December and mid-January), there were both tissues and paper towels available. When trying to dry my hands the first time I used the lav, I accidentally grabbed a tissue and then noticed the paper towels. Since there were built-in holders for both, I just assumed it was the norm to have each available.
Old Feb 14, 2024, 10:34 am

Programs: JMB, AMC
Originally Posted by Chemystery
On my two recently flights (late December and mid-January), there were both tissues and paper towels available. When trying to dry my hands the first time I used the lav, I accidentally grabbed a tissue and then noticed the paper towels. Since there were built-in holders for both, I just assumed it was the norm to have each available.
I did the same thing...
I'm trying to remember off the top of my head, but was the tissue holder right above the sink while the towel holder was off to the side? I could be mixing up my memories with another airline.
Old Feb 14, 2024, 5:29 pm

Originally Posted by Jinxed_K
I did the same thing...
I'm trying to remember off the top of my head, but was the tissue holder right above the sink while the towel holder was off to the side? I could be mixing up my memories with another airline.
In the larger bathroom (newer triple 7 with the Suite) the tissues were to the left up high just to the side of the mirror and toward the door, while the paper towels were lower and off to the right side, if memory serves. It seemed an odd choice of placement, as the tissues were right in front of you when washing your hands. It might have been that I was tired too, lol.
Old Feb 14, 2024, 8:46 pm
Original Poster

Programs: AA EXP, Hyatt Globalist, JL JGC
FWIW, on my most recent flight, I was on a 788 and both paper towel/tissue holders were filled what I believe is the same tissue.

I hadn't previously been paying attention to which flights had paper towel and which didn't, but I'm sure that I've been on all-tissue paper flights before. I suppose it might be a stock issue (especially coming from an outstation).
Chemystery likes this.

Contact Us - Manage Preferences - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

This site is owned, operated, and maintained by MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Designated trademarks are the property of their respective owners.