Go Back  FlyerTalk Forums > Miles&Points > Airlines and Mileage Programs > All Nippon Airways | ANA Mileage Club
Reload this Page >

How long does it take for ANA to redeposit miles after cancellation

Community
Wiki Posts
Search

Search this Thread

Old Oct 20, 2023, 11:27 pm
Original Poster

I need to re-book a reward tickets, as I want to change the class of my in-bound. I wonder how long does ANA refund the miles to account after cancelling partner tickets via phone?

The official term says: "After requesting a refund, a maximum of 10 days is required until the miles are credited back to the mileage accoun".

Is there any recent DPs about the actual time for the miles redeposit? Thank you.
Old Jan 29, 2024, 11:14 am

Programs: UA 1MM, Marriot (via SPG) Lifetime Gold
Piggybacking onto this old post as I've seen this question posed on FT a few times, but never answered. In my case, I'm thinking of cancelling online instead of via the phone (I think I can do that), but still interested if anyone has any recent experiences ether way. More concerned about the timing on the miles redeposit, as opposed to the taxes/fees.
Old Jan 29, 2024, 11:24 am
Original Poster

Report back my experience. I ended up with cancelling my reservation over the phone. The agent was able to redeposit my miles immediately (less 3000 miles for cancellation) and make a new reservation right away. I called the US ANA customer service around 7pm PST and my call was handled by agents in Japan. Not sure if this makes a difference. Hope it helps.
Old Jan 29, 2024, 3:25 pm

Thanks, this is helpful. In my case, I don't have a new reservation to book (for now) and was just thinking of cancelling. But I'm also looking for opportunistic bookings when availability shows up, so if I just cancel, I'm not sure how long I'll be without miles. It seems like the phone option might avoid the question. Thanks again for circling back.
Old Jan 31, 2024, 2:16 pm

Programs: JMB, AMC
The last time I had to cancel ANA award tickets, the agent actually asked me if I needed the miles immediately or if the standard turnaround time was ok. The latter would require supervisor approval and a wait on the phone so I declined and said the standard time is ok. Refund for surcharges/taxes took about 2 weeks and the miles came back in a few days.
They were also nice enough to waive the 3k redeposit fee.
Old Feb 14, 2024, 1:02 pm

Since I raised this question, let me list my experience with a refunded award. Miles were back in my account in three days and the refund on the fees took four days.

Contact Us - Manage Preferences - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

This site is owned, operated, and maintained by MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Designated trademarks are the property of their respective owners.