787 vs 777 vs 777 the room

Search this Thread

Old Feb 24, 2023, 5:06 pm
Original Poster

787 vs 777 vs 777 the room

Looking at J tickets for LAX - TYO

I see 3 flights:
777 The Room

Are both 777's suppose to be the room and it's just a website listing error or is there an actual 777 that do not come with the Room
If there is, can anyone link me pictures of the configuration. Google keeps popping up the Room when I search ANA 777 Business
Old Feb 24, 2023, 5:10 pm

Originally Posted by dc415
Looking at J tickets for LAX - TYO

I see 3 flights:
777 The Room

Are both 777's suppose to be the room and it's just a website listing error or is there an actual 777 that do not come with the Room
If there is, can anyone link me pictures of the configuration. Google keeps popping up the Room when I search ANA 777 Business
Assuming you are looking at dates before 3/27, only the 12:05 am flight has The Room. The other 777 is the old configuration (212 seat on the link below).
https://www.ana.co.jp/en/us/travel-i...ap/b777-300er/
Old Feb 24, 2023, 9:31 pm

https://www.ana.co.jp/en/jp/guide/fl...ess_staggered/
flamingos likes this.
Old Feb 27, 2023, 1:00 pm

Does anyone know what the aircraft will be after March? For lax-Tyo? Looking for the summer July time.
Old Feb 27, 2023, 8:25 pm
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Programs: JAL Metal Card (OWE), SAS Eurobonus Gold (*G), Marriott Titanium (LTP), Tokyu Hotels Platinum
Originally Posted by brabb12
Does anyone know what the aircraft will be after March? For lax-Tyo? Looking for the summer July time.
787, so business staggered.
Old Mar 20, 2023, 3:32 am

Programs: Marriott Platinum, Hilton Diamond, IHG Platinum
Does that mean no LAX-TYO flight after March has The Room? Could that still change?
Old Mar 20, 2023, 3:33 am

Yes, and no.
Old Mar 20, 2023, 9:07 pm

Here's a review with pics and comments about specific seats for 777 The Room:

https://liveandletsfly.com/ana-777-3...-class-review/
Old Mar 29, 2023, 7:11 pm

Does anyone have any thoughts about business staggered (787) vs. The Room? How much better is the hard product? Would you drive further/relocate a short distance specifically for that experience?

I have a choice between a 2 hour drive to an airport for a US-TYO flight on a 787 in J, or a 6 hour drive (faster than doing a positioning flight since it is 1 hour to the airport + arriving >1 hours early to check bags + 1.5 hour flight + arriving at the departing airport with a much longer layover due to the flight times) for a 777 in J (Room configuration per ANA for that date/time).

Thanks!
Old Mar 29, 2023, 7:28 pm

Originally Posted by Ativantage
Would you drive further/relocate a short distance [6hr] specifically for that experience?
I would be more inclined, if:
  • Driving 6hr isn't a pain for you (I wouldn't drive that long for something like this, but I might take a train, bus or flight)
  • It's from the eastern half of the US (west coast to Japan is <10hr)
  • The only expense is gas (no parking fee, no rental fee).
Ativantage likes this.

Last edited by italdesign; Mar 29, 2023 at 7:36 pm
Old Mar 29, 2023, 7:31 pm

Originally Posted by italdesign
Assuming the drive doesn't bother you, I wouldn't drive 6hr for Japan to west coast (under 10hr flight). If it's NYC to Japan, I might, IF the only expense is gas (no parking fee, no rental fee).
East Coast, only expenses are gas and a couple tolls (parking cost is the same @ both airports). Just trying to gauge how much better The Room experience is vs their 787 hard product in J. Bonus points added because this is somewhat of an aspirational booking to experience a higher-tier J product compared to what I've previously experienced on lesser J (outdated hard products on US carriers for the most part). Thanks!
Old Mar 29, 2023, 7:40 pm

East Coast, only expenses are gas and a couple tolls (parking cost is the same @ both airports). Just trying to gauge how much better The Room experience is vs their 787 hard product in J. Bonus points added because this is somewhat of an aspirational booking to experience a higher-tier J product compared to what I've previously experienced on lesser J (outdated hard products on US carriers for the most part). Thanks!
There’s no question the seat itself is a superior hard product. But soft product will be the same and for a long flight from JFK the improvements in noise level, humidity, and cabin altitude of the 787 are bonuses for many wrt comfort and jetlag.
Ativantage likes this.
Old Mar 29, 2023, 7:51 pm

I say go for it! I just flew their 787 staggered. It's quite comfy, I'd rate it about the same as a standard reverse herringbone, good but nothing special. The Room sounds incredible.

I remember my first Qsuite experience. Despite the door not working half the flight, the whole experience was amazing and something to remember.
Ativantage likes this.
Old Mar 30, 2023, 5:51 am

Originally Posted by italdesign
I say go for it! I just flew their 787 staggered. It's quite comfy, I'd rate it about the same as a standard reverse herringbone, good but nothing special. The Room sounds incredible.

I remember my first Qsuite experience. Despite the door not working half the flight, the whole experience was amazing and something to remember.
Sounds good, 4 hours of extra driving to experience The Room may seem excessive, but it will probably be the best hard product I ever fly!
Old Mar 30, 2023, 9:19 pm

Sounds good, 4 hours of extra driving to experience The Room may seem excessive, but it will probably be the best hard product I ever fly!
Especially if you like a hard bed.

Contact Us - Manage Preferences - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

This site is owned, operated, and maintained by MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Designated trademarks are the property of their respective owners.