Wiki Posts
Search

ANA international flights moved to HND T2

Search this Thread

Old Sep 28, 2023, 5:13 pm
Original Poster

Programs: SQ, QF, UA, CO, DL
ANA international flights moved to HND T2

Earlier this year I flew HND to TSA from T3. Today I find out it's now moved back to T2 along with LHR and some other Asian flights. Never thought to check but I guess I will need to do that going forward. Security was a breeze, thankfully.

To boot, one of my 2 bags was 0.2kg over and I was asked to repack it or pay. Same exact bag was no problem on the way into HND.
Old Oct 2, 2023, 4:20 pm

They had an announcement on the website (sorry can't post URLs as a newbie), but no notification of any sort until I managed to visit the site for other things and saw the prompt at the top.

Alas, thanks for the heads up about preciseness on luggage weight - will keep that in mind for my upcoming trip.
uanj likes this.
Old Oct 10, 2023, 6:16 pm

https://www.ana.co.jp/en/jp/guide/pr...terminal-info/
Looks like no flight arrives into T2 at the moment but that may change from later this month when 15 flights (that's roughly 40% of all ANA international flights out of HND) begins to use T2 a day. Terminal of arrival flights will be random but back in the day, morning GMP-HND has been rotated into 2nd HND-TSA which now leaves T2. With that, one can assume the morning flight from GMP will arrive into T2. That's probably for the best once the arrival lounge opens but not for connecting.

All US flights won't move to T2 for now except HNL. All EU flights move to T2.
cczzll likes this.
Old Oct 10, 2023, 11:45 pm
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Programs: JAL Metal Card (OWE), SAS Eurobonus Gold (*G), Marriott Titanium (LTP), Tokyu Hotels Platinum
Originally Posted by bobbybrown
https://www.ana.co.jp/en/jp/guide/pr...terminal-info/
Looks like no flight arrives into T2 at the moment but that may change from later this month when 15 flights (that's roughly 40% of all ANA international flights out of HND) begins to use T2 a day. Terminal of arrival flights will be random but back in the day, morning GMP-HND has been rotated into 2nd HND-TSA which now leaves T2. With that, one can assume the morning flight from GMP will arrive into T2. That's probably for the best once the arrival lounge opens but not for connecting.

All US flights won't move to T2 for now except HNL. All EU flights move to T2.
If you start looking at the rotation patterns, you can probably get a quite good idea of what flight are likely to arrive in to T2. At the moment the aircraft from NH864 seems to get Seattle or LAX quite a bit. So that would probably be a T3 arrival. I hope that means the Gimpo is getting business staggered, and not that Seattle and LAX are greeting business cradle.
Old Oct 18, 2023, 9:54 pm

Programs: UA GS, NH Diamond, Hyatt Lifetime Globalist (formerly Courtesy Card sadly), Amanjunkie, CLEAR
Originally Posted by CPH-Flyer
If you start looking at the rotation patterns, you can probably get a quite good idea of what flight are likely to arrive in to T2. At the moment the aircraft from NH864 seems to get Seattle or LAX quite a bit. So that would probably be a T3 arrival. I hope that means the Gimpo is getting business staggered, and not that Seattle and LAX are greeting business cradle.
Cradle TPAC? I’ll rip up my diamond card if I see that.
Old Oct 18, 2023, 11:41 pm
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Programs: JAL Metal Card (OWE), SAS Eurobonus Gold (*G), Marriott Titanium (LTP), Tokyu Hotels Platinum
Originally Posted by ainternational
Cradle TPAC? I’ll rip up my diamond card if I see that.
Vancouver and Seattle have been scheduled for business cradle in periods. Though I have never seen LAX or SFO getting it.
Old Oct 27, 2023, 11:01 pm

Programs: MileagePlus Premier Platinum, Hilton Honors Diamond, Marriott Bonvoy Gold, IHG Ambassador
It appears the recent NH185 HNL-HND flights have been arriving at T3. I'm scheduled to fly NH185 into HND in December. I typically rent a portable WiFi router and pick it up at T3 for my Tokyo trips, so it would be a hassle going from T2 to T3 just to pick one up, especially when on a tight schedule to catch a scheduled airport bus to a Tokyo suburb.I guess I'll also need to budget extra time to head to T3 to return the WiFi router on departure day for my return flight. At least that gives me another reason to visit T3 and use the onsen at the Villa Fontaine Grand Hotel at HND connected to T3 before my flight.

How's the crowding lately at the T2 ANA Lounge? The T3 ANA Lounge was packed beyond capacity when I last flew out of there in September, so maybe this is a way to help reduce overcrowding in their HND lounges.

Also, how much time is it taking lately to clear immigration and customs at T2?
Old Oct 28, 2023, 1:20 am
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Originally Posted by auandagbug
It appears the recent NH185 HNL-HND flights have been arriving at T3. I'm scheduled to fly NH185 into HND in December. I typically rent a portable WiFi router and pick it up at T3 for my Tokyo trips, so it would be a hassle going from T2 to T3 just to pick one up, especially when on a tight schedule to catch a scheduled airport bus to a Tokyo suburb.I guess I'll also need to budget extra time to head to T3 to return the WiFi router on departure day for my return flight. At least that gives me another reason to visit T3 and use the onsen at the Villa Fontaine Grand Hotel at HND connected to T3 before my flight.

How's the crowding lately at the T2 ANA Lounge? The T3 ANA Lounge was packed beyond capacity when I last flew out of there in September, so maybe this is a way to help reduce overcrowding in their HND lounges.

Considering that until tomorrow (Japan time) there is still only 5 flight from T2, and from the winter schedule they move all the additional flights to T2, no one really knows what crowding will be in the lounge, nor what flights tend to arrive in T2.
pgsanta likes this.
Old Nov 8, 2023, 5:36 pm

Originally Posted by auandagbug

Why still renting routers instead of installing an eSim?
wysiwyg likes this.
Old Nov 13, 2023, 5:03 pm

Programs: None anymore
I haven't flown HND much especially recently, I'm assuming T2 is much better after the renovation? Chances of US flights using T2 towards the end of December?
Old Nov 13, 2023, 5:18 pm
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Originally Posted by warrenw
I haven't flown HND much especially recently, I'm assuming T2 is much better after the renovation? Chances of US flights using T2 towards the end of December?
These are the flights assigned to T2 until the end of the winter schedule. The chance of that changing is maybe not absolute zero, but pretty close it.

NH889 Sydney 8:30
NH859 Hong Kong 8:50
NH851 Taipei (Songshan) 9:20
NH215 Paris 9:45
NH211 London 9:55
NH969 Shanghai (Hongqiao) 10:00
NH223 Frankfurt 10:40
NH841 Singapore 10:55
NH965 Shenzhen 11:00
NH853 Taipei (Songshan) 12:40
NH116 Vancouver 21:55
NH186 Honolulu 22:15
NH203 Frankfurt 22:45
NH879 Sydney 22:45
NH843 Singapore 0:35
NH217 Munich 0:50
Old Nov 13, 2023, 7:40 pm

Originally Posted by Denis Carlin
Why still renting routers instead of installing an eSim?
They may require connectivity for multiple devices/people in which case pocket Wi-Fi might be more suitable for their need. Personally I do eSIM wherever I go now.
Old Nov 13, 2023, 9:52 pm

Programs: None anymore
Originally Posted by CPH-Flyer
These are the flights assigned to T2 until the end of the winter schedule. The chance of that changing is maybe not absolute zero, but pretty close it.

NH889 Sydney 8:30
NH859 Hong Kong 8:50
NH851 Taipei (Songshan) 9:20
NH215 Paris 9:45
NH211 London 9:55
NH969 Shanghai (Hongqiao) 10:00
NH223 Frankfurt 10:40
NH841 Singapore 10:55
NH965 Shenzhen 11:00
NH853 Taipei (Songshan) 12:40
NH116 Vancouver 21:55
NH186 Honolulu 22:15
NH203 Frankfurt 22:45
NH879 Sydney 22:45
NH843 Singapore 0:35
NH217 Munich 0:50

Thank you! Looks like my connecting flight coming in also comes into T3... So T3 it is!
Old Nov 14, 2023, 2:45 am

I haven't taken any international flight out of T2 yet. Do they now have a proper international flights lounge in T2? If they do, I guess this is not so bad, because T3 ANA lounges were vastly overcrowded recently...
Old Nov 14, 2023, 2:58 am
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Originally Posted by kyotoben
I haven't taken any international flight out of T2 yet. Do they now have a proper international flights lounge in T2? If they do, I guess this is not so bad, because T3 ANA lounges were vastly overcrowded recently...
Yes they have a suite lounge and an ANA lounge in the international section.

Contact Us - Manage Preferences - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

This site is owned, operated, and maintained by MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Designated trademarks are the property of their respective owners.