Community
Wiki Posts
Search

787 vs 777 vs 777 the room

Search this Thread

Old Mar 31, 2023, 12:15 am

Programs: A3, AA, AC, AS, DL, NH, SQ, SK, UA; BW, CP, HH, IHG, MB
I've just flown ANA for the first time in years, and the Staggered seat was perfectly fine. IMHO, it wasn't as good as most of the reverse herringbone seats I've tried (although better than JAL's 787 version), but I liked it better than other staggered products (Vantage XL and whatever Swiss uses). One thing I disliked was the lack of leg rest. The service was top-notch, and the F&B was great.

If the choice was a regular flight in Staggered vs. a redeye with the limited menu in The Room, I'd probably pick the former for the service & F&B. JMHO, of course.
Stratoliner777 likes this.
Old Apr 1, 2023, 11:49 pm

I have flown 787 J and 777 Room back to back. The Room was very special, the first time especially. Very wide and private and so on.

That being said, 787/non-refit 777 Staggered is quite comfortable too. The bed is also longer, softer, if not wider. The main demerit IMO is the screen; it’s not 4K and 24 inches like the Room.

I actually switched connecting flights so that I spent 5 hours in the ANA J lounge prior to flying on the Room as opposed to 2 hours before a flight on Staggered. It was worth the longer lounge wait.

IMO, however, I would not drive 6 hours just to take the Room. It’s a very impressive seat and I’m glad I waited 3 more hours in the lounge for it, but many more hours driving is too much. And the soft product is not different.
Chemystery likes this.

Last edited by Stratoliner777; Apr 2, 2023 at 2:11 am
Old Feb 14, 2024, 3:45 pm

I am looking at the TYO - SFO route in March 2024. Are these the old business class configuration? When I play around on the ANA website and go to purchase a cash ticket it says its the old 777 business class. But from other websites like pointsguy, it should be consistent route for the new business (room). Can someone help clarify
Old Feb 14, 2024, 3:47 pm

Originally Posted by tkcdao
I am looking at the TYO - SFO route in March 2024. Are these the old business class configuration? When I play around on the ANA website and go to purchase a cash ticket it says its the old 777 business class. But from other websites like pointsguy, it should be consistent route for the new business (room). Can someone help clarify
you can’t rely on blogs as things are changing each season these days. The only consistent routes with The Room are jfk and lhr. For the UPCOMING season schedule, sfo-nrt has The Room craft scheduled. Sfo-hnd does not.

Contact Us - Manage Preferences - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

This site is owned, operated, and maintained by MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Designated trademarks are the property of their respective owners.