Go Back  FlyerTalk Forums > Miles&Points > Airlines and Mileage Programs > All Nippon Airways | ANA Mileage Club
Reload this Page >

Do JL and NH transfer luggage to each other's flights?

Community
Wiki Posts
Search

Search this Thread

Old Jan 29, 2023, 4:12 pm
Original Poster

Programs: Au: UA, Marriott, Hilton; GE

I'm looking at flying a domestic JL flight and connecting to an international NH flight, and wonder whether JL will transfer the luggage to NH.

Many thanks for your insights.
Old Jan 29, 2023, 6:16 pm

Originally Posted by 747FC
I'm looking at flying a domestic JL flight and connecting to an international NH flight, and wonder whether JL will transfer the luggage to NH.

You may want to check this thread
JAL Interline Agreements
747FC likes this.
Old Jan 30, 2023, 6:59 pm
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Programs: JAL Metal Card (OWE), SAS Eurobonus Gold (*G), Marriott Titanium (LTP), Tokyu Hotels Platinum
Originally Posted by 747FC

Generally, NH and JL on domestic to international flights will move luggagey to each other. It can be a bit slow process, so don't come dawdling up in last second.
747FC likes this.
Old Feb 9, 2023, 5:28 pm

Piggybacking off of this thread for a related question:

We're going to be flying SFO-HND on NH and HND-TSA on JL; would I be able to get the NH agents at SFO to tag the baggage through to TSA? As-scheduled, we have ~4.5 hours to change flights at HND anyway, but it'd be nice to not have to go through everything.
Old Feb 9, 2023, 5:42 pm
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Programs: JAL Metal Card (OWE), SAS Eurobonus Gold (*G), Marriott Titanium (LTP), Tokyu Hotels Platinum
Originally Posted by lolstebbo
Piggybacking off of this thread for a related question:

We're going to be flying SFO-HND on NH and HND-TSA on JL; would I be able to get the NH agents at SFO to tag the baggage through to TSA? As-scheduled, we have ~4.5 hours to change flights at HND anyway, but it'd be nice to not have to go through everything.
It is not within stated policy, so it will greatly depend on the agent of the day. There are success stories having been reported. Mostly by people flying F.
lolstebbo likes this.
Old Feb 9, 2023, 6:00 pm

Originally Posted by CPH-Flyer
It is not within stated policy, so it will greatly depend on the agent of the day. There are success stories having been reported. Mostly by people flying F.
Ah, okay, so definitely worth asking the agent since we're flying F on the NH leg. Thanks!
Old Feb 21, 2024, 8:10 pm

Programs: UA Gold, Hyatt Discoverist
DP: a relative was able to through-check on SFO-HND (NH 107) and HND-DLC (JL 23). They were in F.
747FC likes this.

Contact Us - Manage Preferences - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

This site is owned, operated, and maintained by MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Designated trademarks are the property of their respective owners.