Community
Wiki Posts
Search

All Nippon Airways status match ?

Search this Thread

Old Aug 27, 2022, 4:09 am

Programs: AA, HH, UA, Amtrak
I just cleared AA PLT level based on my LP earnings. Does anyone have an opinion/experience if this ANA matched status is better than United's match (but one also needing a challenge completion with PQF & PQP components) in terms of benefits over the course of the year?

UAL match
PQF and PQP requirements (for Premier Gold)Fly 6 PQF and earn 2,000 PQP on flights operated by United or United Express.

What I mean is that is it worth trying for the United Premier gold status with some flights ]and spending in 120 days or is it good to be fine with the Ana status match and just use the digital card for benefits while mostly accruing miles/spending to United with an occasional accrual to ANA to keep the AMC account active?
Old Aug 27, 2022, 5:47 am

Programs: Hyatt Globalist (Full), Marriott Titanium, IHG Spire, Wyndham DIA, Hilton Gold, AA EXP
Originally Posted by psusaver
I just cleared AA PLT level based on my LP earnings. Does anyone have an opinion/experience if this ANA matched status is better than United's match (but one also needing a challenge completion with PQF & PQP components) in terms of benefits over the course of the year?
You get access to United Clubs when traveling domestically?

What I mean is that is it worth trying for the United Premier gold status with some flights ]and spending in 120 days or is it good to be fine with the Ana status match and just use the digital card for benefits while mostly accruing miles/spending to United with an occasional accrual to ANA to keep the AMC account active?
You don't get Econ Plus seats with ANA status. You need United's status to get E+. You can attach UA number to your ticket and use ANA's digital card at UC.
psusaver likes this.
Old Aug 27, 2022, 8:20 am

Programs: AA EXP, UA Silver, Hilton Diamond, Marriott Platinum
I've also been having trouble getting matched. First time submitted Delta Gold screenshot in Apple Wallet and heard nothing back in late June. Second time I submitted both the apple wallet screenshot and a browser screenshot in late July and still heard nothing back. Not sure what else I need to do to get this matched or even hear back with what's wrong.
estrela likes this.
Old Aug 27, 2022, 9:40 am

Same here, did a second match, even reached out by phone and then by webform. No reply whatsoever while I get spammed with all kinds of newsletters. A truly strange experience with ANA that led me book now JL with my oneworld status. Seems NH does not need my business at all.
Old Aug 28, 2022, 6:07 pm

Originally Posted by bakrgby
simply go into the app and you will see your digital platinum card, when you go to the lounge show them your card. They will plug-in your number and see you are a star alliance gold and let you know. 1% of the time they may say you need to credit to ANA, that’s not true and if you push back a bit you will be fine.
Are there any actual words like "Platinum" or any word indicating the status shown on the digital card.

​​​​​​I'm pretty frustrated with the ANA mileage club website as well as the app. With the website it was hard to find an actual account login page, with the app it's not clear where the status shows.

Last edited by psusaver; Aug 28, 2022 at 6:21 pm Reason: Unnecessary stuff deleted
Old Aug 28, 2022, 7:11 pm
pjs

Are there any actual words like "Platinum" or any word indicating the status shown on the digital card.

​​​​​​I'm pretty frustrated with the ANA mileage club website as well as the app. With the website it was hard to find an actual account login page, with the app it's not clear where the status shows.
Yes the digital card shows Platinum and Star Gold status. Used it to get wife and I into United Club at IAD (which was a real dump but the only one open late).
psusaver likes this.
Old Sep 2, 2022, 9:54 am

happy to report that the status updated today. When I opened the app it flashed a pop-up saying "Your membership status has updated"..and then it shows the faint watermark Platinum at the top left side.

I had applied for status match on (updating post) Aug 28 (with my AA Plat screenshot from web, as well as AA app card with little scancode from Android phone) and on Sep 2 ANA has matched my status. I did send an email using the ANA app "Contact Us" feature, Comment option, on Aug 31st. Good to see reasonable time turnaround, either organically or as a response to my email (likely the former as I would have gotten some email response?)

Membership status update on ANA's AMC App

Last edited by psusaver; Sep 2, 2022 at 10:37 am Reason: Forgot to add the date
Old Sep 2, 2022, 10:14 am
Suspended

happy to report that the status updated today. When I opened the app it flashed a pop-up saying "Your membership status has updated"..and then it shows the faint watermark Platinum at the top left side.

I had applied for status match (with my AA Plat screenshot from web, as well as AA app card with little scancode from Android phone) and on Sep 2 ANA has matched my status. I did send an email using the ANA app "Contact Us" feature, Comment option, on Aug 31st. Good to see reasonable time turnaround, either organically or as a response to my email (likely the former as I would have gotten some email response?)

Membership status update on ANA's AMC App
When did you apply?
Old Sep 2, 2022, 10:38 am

Originally Posted by Ghoulish
When did you apply?
Aug 28. Thought I added it, but must've had a brain freeze.
Old Sep 4, 2022, 11:04 am

Is there any downside to doing a status match? Also, is it worth if it I only match to Bronze?
Old Sep 4, 2022, 2:15 pm
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Programs: JAL Metal Card (OWE), SAS Eurobonus Gold (*G), Marriott Titanium (LTP), Tokyu Hotels Platinum
Originally Posted by faroa
Is there any downside to doing a status match? Also, is it worth if it I only match to Bronze?
​​​​​​
Bronze is Star Alliance Silver, it does not really give any benefits.

The only downside is that if you don't use it much, you will not be able to do a status match again. Of course there is no knowing whether ANA will ever offer it again.
psusaver and faroa like this.
Old Sep 5, 2022, 10:01 pm

Originally Posted by faroa
No real downsides. However one strategy in addition to what CPH-flyer said would be to see if you can be ANA Bronze, credit all future *Alliance and ANA flights (to fully qualify ANA status about half the points need to be from ana metal - see comment just below that clarifies this. Thanks ) to ANA mileage club and see if it gets you faster qualification to Star alliance Gold?

Adding: I think even one RT transpacific flight in J could generate enough point. Also, I just learnt about something called Fifth Freedom flights. It offers some interesting opportunities to earn miles. Although I didn't find any for ANA yet

If you haven't already seen it this article details some of the pros and cons (match value only till Mar 23 at this point) so you may be better of waiting till early next year to see if it's offered again, if your goal is to maximize Ana mileage club earnings.
​​​​​

Last edited by psusaver; Sep 6, 2022 at 8:21 pm
Old Sep 6, 2022, 5:35 am

Programs: UA
No real downsides. However one strategy in addition to what CPH-flyer said would be to see if you can be ANA Bronze, credit all future *Alliance flights to ANA and see if it gets you faster qualification to Star alliance Gold?
To earn ANA status, half of your status qualification points need to come from ANA flights, so just flying *A flights won't get to *G.
psusaver likes this.
Old Sep 6, 2022, 8:22 pm

Originally Posted by angetenar
To earn ANA status, half of your status qualification points need to come from ANA flights, so just flying *A flights won't get to *G.
Thanks I updated my comment to add this info
Old Sep 8, 2022, 12:01 pm

Programs: QR PC Platinum, TK M&S elite, UA silver, ITA Voltaire Executive (lol), Marriott Bonvoy Platinum
Hey all,

Has anyone matched using Qatar? I applied for the status match and provided my QRPC plat statement on august 20th but still haven’t heard anything…

Contact Us - Manage Preferences - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

This site is owned, operated, and maintained by MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Designated trademarks are the property of their respective owners.