Community
Wiki Posts
Search

Best ways to search ANA award availability?

Search this Thread

Old May 5, 2020, 11:32 am

Programs: AC 25K, AS MVP Gold, BA Bronze, UA Silver, Marriott Titanium, Hilton Diamond, Hyatt Globalist
Originally Posted by Wasabi Tofu
Thanks.
You are right.
I wrongly used ANA's availability check tool by using option for -3day/+3days option ticked (my mistake).

Magically, when I tick this option, the web site doesn't show correct award availability.
For example, when I searched -3day/+3days availability for 17Jan (i.e, from 14Jan to 20Jan), it doesn't show any availability.
However, as you wrote, there are spaces on 17Jan and 18jan.
Oh yeah that option has always been buggy for me.
Old May 6, 2020, 2:50 am

Programs: NH Diamond, JL JGC Diamond, BA Gold Guest List(Gold for life), CX Diamond
Originally Posted by nexusCFX
Oh yeah that option has always been buggy for me.
Yeah, I have talked with ANA's agent intensively.

According to ANA, it isn't buggy, it is feature.
That option is super UNFRIENDLY user interface and doesn't provide information about its behavior and feature.

For example, even when you specify the first class, it shows availability if availability exists in any class.
For round trip search, if there is no availability in outbound segment, it shows no availability for inbound segment even availability exists in the inbound segment.
ANA says it is the tool's feature.
Old May 6, 2020, 6:56 pm

What has been people's experience with business class availability between JFK and TYO? Short of flying in the middle of the week, I've had significant difficulty finding any availability for 2 business class awards on the weekends
Old May 6, 2020, 9:44 pm

Programs: ANA Diamond, JAL JGC Sapphire, Asiana Gold, Marriott Ambassador Elite, Hyatt Globalist
I think I read somewhere that for members with no status, only 2 seats are released at all per flight, meaning you’d have to find a day where no one has booked.
Old May 7, 2020, 6:30 am

Originally Posted by flyboygoon
I think I read somewhere that for members with no status, only 2 seats are released at all per flight, meaning you’d have to find a day where no one has booked.
I've compared seat maps for flights when I could see 2 business class awards available and flights that did not. There are a number of instances when they look identical - 16D, 16H, 20D, and 20H are the only unavailable seats. To your point about status, perhaps only 1 business class award is initially available to non-status members on the weekends when the calendar first opens up?
Old May 7, 2020, 7:05 am

Programs: ANA Diamond, JAL JGC Sapphire, Asiana Gold, Marriott Ambassador Elite, Hyatt Globalist
Oh yes, it does change by day. Search the forum, I think someone posted the exact numbers. There are more released for Platinum and then more for Diamond I think also (depends on class, too).
Old May 17, 2020, 7:08 pm

Programs: ANA Mileage Club
Originally Posted by dtauchen
Would they be able to book me on EVA if I call ANA?
EVA has blocked some award tickets to *A partners, including ANA. For North America specifically on LAX-TPE and YYZ-TPE route during the peak, and I can hardly find availability on JFK-TPE in Dec. From my experience ANA award ticket engine is the most reliable in *A, that is, generally you can book the award ticket from ANA only if you can actually see it on the website unless there's some YQ calculation problems.
Old May 18, 2020, 1:27 am

Programs: AC 25K, AS MVP Gold, BA Bronze, UA Silver, Marriott Titanium, Hilton Diamond, Hyatt Globalist
Originally Posted by SatayET
EVA has blocked some award tickets to *A partners, including ANA. For North America specifically on LAX-TPE and YYZ-TPE route during the peak, and I can hardly find availability on JFK-TPE in Dec. From my experience ANA award ticket engine is the most reliable in *A, that is, generally you can book the award ticket from ANA only if you can actually see it on the website unless there's some YQ calculation problems.
Glad it's not just me. I used to be able to get YYZ-TPE every single day with any *A program booking sufficiently far out. Not anymore.
Old Sep 29, 2022, 4:57 pm

Programs: AA, UA, DL, NSA, CIA, MIB
If I'm looking to get from Tokyo to LAX OW in J and I'm using the search that basically tells me I have to do a RT and I find the flight that has availability for the inbound (not waitlisted) could I use that inbound flight info to call VS and have them book it for me? Or will NH have a fit and not allow it?
Old Sep 29, 2022, 5:30 pm

Programs: ANA Diamond, JAL JGC, Hyatt Globalist, Marriott Ambassador
ANA has different availability for their own programme than for partners. It’s possible Virgin can’t see that availability, but if you have no status with ANA it should be about the same.
cajunguy likes this.
Old Sep 30, 2022, 10:59 am

Programs: UA Plat, Bonvoy Gold, Amex Plat, CSR
Originally Posted by cajunguy
If I'm looking to get from Tokyo to LAX OW in J and I'm using the search that basically tells me I have to do a RT and I find the flight that has availability for the inbound (not waitlisted) could I use that inbound flight info to call VS and have them book it for me? Or will NH have a fit and not allow it?
If you're looking to do a OW, why not just book the outbound with VS, assuming it's available?
Old Sep 30, 2022, 5:27 pm

Programs: AA, UA, DL, NSA, CIA, MIB
Originally Posted by whipwhitaker
If you're looking to do a OW, why not just book the outbound with VS, assuming it's available?
The booking would be for a future date that hasn't yet been released/scheduled. I'm just trying to figure out how ANA's website would work should I see the availability.
Old Sep 30, 2022, 10:18 pm

Originally Posted by cajunguy
The booking would be for a future date that hasn't yet been released/scheduled. I'm just trying to figure out how ANA's website would work should I see the availability.
You should look for the same flight on United.com and see if it shows up accordingly as award space. If it does and it is less than 330 days out you can book on VS. If not you would have to wait until it is.
Old Oct 2, 2022, 2:14 pm

Anyone have any idea if the 1 J seat on most all longhaul flights is accurate? AC, UA and NH web search tools themself agree, but it seems crazy that NH is only releasing 1 J seat across the board. Ive noticed this for around a year now but I really want to take NH to Jakarta next year.
Old Oct 4, 2022, 5:12 pm

Programs: American Express got a hit man lookin' for me
I've been eyeing the SFO-HND redeye on a particular date for months now. Set up an ExpertFlyer alert, and zero availability opened up until today (T-21). Now UA shows 4 business awards available and the seat map is half empty. So.... patience, grasshoppers.
cajunguy likes this.

Contact Us - Manage Preferences - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

This site is owned, operated, and maintained by MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Designated trademarks are the property of their respective owners.