Community
Wiki Posts
Search

Best ways to search ANA award availability?

Search this Thread

Old Jan 19, 2020, 7:00 pm
Original Poster

Best ways to search ANA award availability?

I'm trying to find award availability on the ANA site by using the "Compare seat availability +/- 3 day" option, however, anecdotally no matter what combination of FROM & TO I use (e.g.: FROM: WAS/IAD/NYC/EWR/ORD/SFO/YYZ/YVR/FRA etc TO: TYO/NHD/NRT/KIX/SIN/HKG/PVG/NGO etc.) it anecdotally always seems to come back with:

There are no results that match your specified search criteria. Please change your criteria, and retry your search again.
Only flights that are currently available will be displayed for Star Alliance and Partner Airlines operating flights.

Check User Hints for more information.
(E_A01P01_0006)
This prompted me to search on United's site but I'm not finding any ANA operated flights.

A few questions
  1. Am I doing it wrong? I'm completely open to that.
  2. Is the above expected behavior?
  3. Is there a better alternative for finding ANA availability?
Old Jan 19, 2020, 8:52 pm
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Programs: JAL Metal Card (OWE), SAS Eurobonus Gold (*G), Marriott Titanium (LTP), Tokyu Hotels Platinum
Generally, I would say that United is the most flexible and best place to search for Star Alliance awards. With of course the caveats of home program advantages.

What class are you looking for, and roughly when do you plan to travel?
Old Mar 16, 2020, 10:25 pm

When does ANA open award availability? 12:00am in Japan 355 days out?
Old Mar 17, 2020, 1:06 am

Programs: Marriott Plat, HH G,Hyatt E,*A Gold, OW Emerald.
Originally Posted by freckles123
When does ANA open award availability? 12:00am in Japan 355 days out?
search the forum or ANA website.
https://www.ana.co.jp/en/jp/amc/refe...plication.html
Application and Ticketing Deadlines
Ticketing Deadlines
Old Mar 17, 2020, 1:08 am

Programs: Marriott Plat, HH G,Hyatt E,*A Gold, OW Emerald.
Originally Posted by JuliusPIV
I'm trying to find award availability on the ANA site by using the "Compare seat availability +/- 3 day" option, however, anecdotally no matter what combination of FROM & TO I use (e.g.: FROM: WAS/IAD/NYC/EWR/ORD/SFO/YYZ/YVR/FRA etc TO: TYO/NHD/NRT/KIX/SIN/HKG/PVG/NGO etc.) it anecdotally always seems to come back with:

This prompted me to search on United's site but I'm not finding any ANA operated flights.

A few questions
  1. Am I doing it wrong? I'm completely open to that.
  2. Is the above expected behavior?
  3. Is there a better alternative for finding ANA availability?
ANA website (AMC program) requires return or open jaw tickets.
also, there are many AMC rules outlined on the website (zones etc). just search for an itinerary that follows all the rules and you will get a result (of course, if there is availability).
what dates and route are you looking at?
Old Mar 17, 2020, 11:46 pm

Originally Posted by Tokyoite
search the forum or ANA website.
https://www.ana.co.jp/en/jp/amc/refe...plication.html
Application and Ticketing Deadlines
Ticketing Deadlines
Thank you for the link
Old May 4, 2020, 12:15 pm

Programs: ANA, United, Virgin
I'm having the same problems here. I've got an ExpertFlyer account and I can see award seats available on EVA Air flights (which I'd like to use my ANA miles for) however, these flights are not showing up when I do an award search on the ANA website. Is ANA not showing EVA partner awards anymore?
Old May 4, 2020, 12:41 pm

Programs: Delta Platinum, Marriott Gold
Searching for ANA First Class availabilities on ExpertFlyer for early next year and getting a lot of "No availability can be found for the date and class(es) specified."

Is this an error? They would usually just say No.
Old May 4, 2020, 3:41 pm

Programs: NH Diamond, JL JGC Diamond, BA Gold Guest List(Gold for life), CX Diamond
Originally Posted by urifin
Searching for ANA First Class availabilities on ExpertFlyer for early next year and getting a lot of "No availability can be found for the date and class(es) specified."

Is this an error? They would usually just say No.
You are too late.
For general members, there is no availability during 1st Jan to 25th April for JFK->NRT.
Even as a diamond member, I can find only a several days.
Old May 4, 2020, 3:50 pm

Programs: NH Diamond, JL JGC Diamond, BA Gold Guest List(Gold for life), CX Diamond
Originally Posted by dtauchen
I'm having the same problems here. I've got an ExpertFlyer account and I can see award seats available on EVA Air flights (which I'd like to use my ANA miles for) however, these flights are not showing up when I do an award search on the ANA website. Is ANA not showing EVA partner awards anymore?
Occasionally, a FFP and its partner FFPs have different availability.
So, not surprising.
I can find some EVA availability of Tokyo to Taipei in next February with ANA miles.
Old May 4, 2020, 3:52 pm
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Programs: AF Platinum, EK Gold, AA EXP, UA 1K, Hyatt Globalist
Originally Posted by Wasabi Tofu
You are too late.
For general members, there is no availability during 1st Jan to 25th April for JFK->NRT.
UA.com (and by extension, VS) shows JFK-NRT First Class award availability on many days during that period.
Old May 4, 2020, 4:26 pm

Programs: ANA, United, Virgin
Occasionally, a FFP and its partner FFPs have different availability.
So, not surprising.
I can find some EVA availability of Tokyo to Taipei in next February with ANA miles.
Would they be able to book me on EVA if I call ANA?
Old May 4, 2020, 9:33 pm

Programs: AC 25K, AS MVP Gold, BA Bronze, UA Silver, Marriott Titanium, Hilton Diamond, Hyatt Globalist
You are too late.
Lmao what. I saw tons of space on that route in March and April when I was booking for cherry blossom season 2021.

EDIT: Just found F space on Mar 22, 23, 27, JFK-NRT, bookable on ANA or any partner, and that's just in one week I decided to check.

EDIT 2: Feb 19, 21, 22, 23, 24.

EDIT 3: Jan 17, 18, 21, 24, 25.

Last edited by nexusCFX; May 4, 2020 at 9:39 pm
Old May 5, 2020, 2:50 am

Originally Posted by dtauchen
Would they be able to book me on EVA if I call ANA?
You don't have to call.
You can book via ANA's web site.
I found those availability on ANA's online award booking engine.
Old May 5, 2020, 3:02 am

Originally Posted by nexusCFX
Lmao what. I saw tons of space on that route in March and April when I was booking for cherry blossom season 2021.

EDIT: Just found F space on Mar 22, 23, 27, JFK-NRT, bookable on ANA or any partner, and that's just in one week I decided to check.

EDIT 2: Feb 19, 21, 22, 23, 24.

EDIT 3: Jan 17, 18, 21, 24, 25.
Thanks.
You are right.
I wrongly used ANA's availability check tool by using option for -3day/+3days option ticked (my mistake).

Magically, when I tick this option, the web site doesn't show correct award availability.
For example, when I searched -3day/+3days availability for 17Jan (i.e, from 14Jan to 20Jan), it doesn't show any availability.
However, as you wrote, there are spaces on 17Jan and 18jan.
jamesl likes this.

Last edited by Wasabi Tofu; May 5, 2020 at 6:18 am

Contact Us - Manage Preferences - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

This site is owned, operated, and maintained by MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Designated trademarks are the property of their respective owners.