Go Back  FlyerTalk Forums > Miles&Points > Airlines and Mileage Programs > All Nippon Airways | ANA Mileage Club
Reload this Page >

ANA new destinations and Haneda services starting in S20

Community
Wiki Posts
Search

ANA new destinations and Haneda services starting in S20

Search this Thread

Old Nov 25, 2019, 9:45 am

Originally Posted by lkar
I was booked on NH176, which is the 4:05 p.m. departure from NRT to LAX and ANA.com now shows me booked on NH126 from HND at 9:05 p.m.

I am a little surprised they didn’t just put me on the 5:00 p.m. NRT departure since my trip is so far away and seats on the 5:00 p.m. are wide open. I guess they just mapped everything over 1 for 1. I’m not delighted about the much later departure and suspect I could get on that 5:00 p.m. but I booked using Virgin Atlantic miles and who knows how complicated getting a partner change like that would be.

i will probably just extend my stay in Tokyo, though may need a day room now.
Virgin charges a $50 change fee on award tickets. I’ve done it several times. As long as award space is available, they can make the switch. You may see if they can wave the fee since ANA change airports and times on you.
Old Nov 25, 2019, 9:53 am

Originally Posted by Matthew787
Virgin charges a $50 change fee on award tickets. I’ve done it several times. As long as award space is available, they can make the switch. You may see if they can wave the fee since ANA change airports and times on you.
No partner availability on the other LAX flight, unfortunately.

I think I've been successful actually getting ANA to make a change even on a ticket booked by a partner, but I may be imagining it. Certainly, they are not obligated to do it, but I think there are times when they have even before 24 hours or IRROPS. I may give it a try once the dust settles on all these HND route changes and see what happens. I also find VA agents to be ultra competent, so there may even be an opportunity to see if they have a liaison desk or contact with ANA to see if they can open partner availability, but that's super complicated and something that I'm not sure I want to mess with. It's a long way to my flight and the flight change gives me a no-fee cancel if I want it so I may just bide my time and see what happens but will post here if I get a datapoint that might be helpful to others.
Old Nov 25, 2019, 6:27 pm

Programs: ANA Pt
ANA notified me of my SJC NRT April 2020 flight change to SJC HND (subject to govt approval); 2F seat number retained. So far the NRT- SJC return flight has not been changed to HND departure, but this should follow eventually.
Old Nov 25, 2019, 8:33 pm

Programs: Air Canada A35K, Bonvoy Platinum
Sweet, I have an award flight (via Air Canada Aeroplan) planned for late June/early July 2020 with an (intentional) overnight layover in Seattle before continuing to Tokyo. I did not know these changes were happening so I was surprised today to see my flight moved back by 3 hours (giving me 3 extra hours to spend in Seattle) and arriving in Haneda instead. A positive change in my view.

Flight reservation currently shows "Subject to government apprroval" (sic) and I am unable to access seat selection, though the main reservation page still lists 1K (my original seat choice).

Notably, this reservation is now a complete mess when I try to view it on Air Canada's website given the existing "gong-show" that they're having with the Amadeus migration
Old Nov 25, 2019, 10:06 pm
ls

Programs: MR PLT, HLT DIA
Got the ANA email today notifying me the NRT-HND change...and I have a NRT to SIN connecting flight... Is it possible to ask ANA to cover the transfer cost ?
Old Nov 25, 2019, 11:47 pm

Programs: UA GS, NH Diamond, Hyatt Lifetime Globalist (formerly Courtesy Card sadly), Amanjunkie, CLEAR
Originally Posted by ls
Got the ANA email today notifying me the NRT-HND change...and I have a NRT to SIN connecting flight... Is it possible to ask ANA to cover the transfer cost ?
Hahaha, this is funny, Don’t get me wrong, I don’t blame you for asking, but I’d expect there’s negative to no chance. :-)
Old Nov 26, 2019, 2:44 pm

Is there any way to lookup the fare rules on my current ANA booking? I was on the phone for an hour with ANA and they said there was no way for them to send me the details of the fare. My booking shows the fare rule codes for my outbound and return, but not the actual details. Most of my experience has been with UA, and I've always been able to find it.
Old Nov 26, 2019, 4:18 pm

Programs: ANA Pt
Originally Posted by djsinc
Is there any way to lookup the fare rules on my current ANA booking? I was on the phone for an hour with ANA and they said there was no way for them to send me the details of the fare. My booking shows the fare rule codes for my outbound and return, but not the actual details. Most of my experience has been with UA, and I've always been able to find it.
Check via the appropriate links on this page: https://www.ana.co.jp/be1/int/eng/deperture/?menu=tc1 Your fare class will also be described as something like 'Business Special Plus" for example.
Old Nov 28, 2019, 11:13 am

Programs: UA
Connection out of HND is horrible. I base out of Seattle half the year so I’m thinking about moving to JAL. Hopefully they’ll approve my status match.
Old Nov 28, 2019, 1:03 pm

Programs: UA 1K, Delta PM, AA EXP, Marriott AMB, IHG Gold
Originally Posted by nycua1k
Connection out of HND is horrible. I base out of Seattle half the year so I’m thinking about moving to JAL. Hopefully they’ll approve my status match.
likewise - I just applied to aa for a status challenge and am planning to switch all my business
Old Nov 29, 2019, 1:22 pm

Have a flight booked on ANA in business class next August/September IAD > BKK. The original connection was through NRT. Finally got the email notification yesterday and of course that changed to HND which completely screwed up the connection. Land at 4:15pm and the flight from NRT to BKK was at 5pm. Obviously impossible to do that. ANA promptly put me on a flight from HND to BKK with not hassles.
muji likes this.
Old Nov 30, 2019, 8:57 pm

Originally Posted by CPH-Flyer
Then wait until the 28th to call. Then all will be ready for the agents to handle it. But basically, I expect you will just be moved with the flight to Haneda. Do you have a conncetion from Narita?
This was booked via VS, and waking up on the 28th I had an email from them that it was all rebooked. Surprising given the excellent service from ANA that their agents were not briefed on the upcoming change. With the Olympics I'm sure there were quite a few tickets on the NRT routes that folks had questions about. All's well that ends well. Now just need to cross fingers the BB-8 777 gets assigned to this route.
Old Dec 7, 2019, 10:24 pm

Programs: UA
Originally Posted by Melodsal
likewise - I just applied to aa for a status challenge and am planning to switch all my business
JAL only “matched ” me to sapphire. Was hoping for crystal since I am NH Diamond. I didn’t push the issue because word on the street is that JAL doesn’t usually match or upgrade status from another airline.
Old Dec 7, 2019, 10:48 pm

I was also notified end of Nov about change in flight. LAX-NRT in F arriving in the afternoon automatically assigned to LAX-HND arriving at night. VS redemption so I called VS and they couldn't do much because the other LAX-NRT flight was not available on their screen (shows as Waitlist on ANA also). Not sure if calling ANA will help.

Last week, also had a CX SIN-HKG flight morning flight in F canceled and reassigned to 1 am flight. AS redemption so I called AS to get later morning flight and CSR was very helpful. She put me on hold while she called someone at CX and because it was because CX that was canceling flights, they accommodated and put me on the flight I wanted. All done on the same call.

Wondering if anyone had similar experience with VS where CSR can call ANA to figure this out?

I'd imagine me calling ANA will not get me too far?
Old Dec 8, 2019, 4:30 pm

Originally Posted by sanooktuktuk
Have a flight booked on ANA in business class next August/September IAD > BKK. The original connection was through NRT. Finally got the email notification yesterday and of course that changed to HND which completely screwed up the connection. Land at 4:15pm and the flight from NRT to BKK was at 5pm. Obviously impossible to do that. ANA promptly put me on a flight from HND to BKK with not hassles.
Same scenario as well. ANA business class award flight for 2 in June from IAD>SIN originally through NRT. Got the email notice of NH 1 changing to HND which made the connection for NRT>SIN only 45 minutes. I challenge anyone to successfully make that connection. Called ANA and while I forget the exact terminology used, I think they had to put a request in to corporate, they ultimately opened up award space for us on HND>SIN later that day. It originally showed as waitlisted and "cleared" about 5 days later when the email came through. Then we had about 48 hours to call in and confirm. Overall, very pleased with the way ANA handled the entire situation.

Contact Us - Manage Preferences - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

This site is owned, operated, and maintained by MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Designated trademarks are the property of their respective owners.