Go Back  FlyerTalk Forums > Miles&Points > Airlines and Mileage Programs > All Nippon Airways | ANA Mileage Club
Reload this Page >

Upgrade from Premium Economy to Business mid-transit?

Community
Wiki Posts
Search

Search this Thread

Old Nov 11, 2019, 1:53 pm
Original Poster

Hi all,

I am flying a United-booked itinerary from SFO-NRT-SIN, with the first leg operated by United, the second is ANA operated in premium econo. I have a 2.5hrs layover in NRT, does anyone know if ANA allow you to purchase an upgrade while mid-connection, and if so - how?

Thank you!
Old Nov 12, 2019, 1:59 am
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Programs: JAL Metal Card (OWE), SAS Eurobonus Gold (*G), Marriott Titanium (LTP), Tokyu Hotels Platinum
NH does not sell upgrades.

You can use NH miles to upgrade, or they can probably offer you to reprice the flight to the walk up fare for the day. The latter is most likely exceedingly expensive.
Old Nov 28, 2019, 6:56 am

Programs: TK *G
As mentioned by CPH-Flyer, I tried to ask in the NRT lounge few months back for the NRT-SIN leg, they don't sell upgrades but they do offer at the walk-up fare from PEY.

I do know they sell PEY > J upgrades over the counter at JFK though, at $450 per person. You'll be given additional luggage allowance, but mileage accrual in the original fare class.
Old Nov 28, 2019, 7:36 am
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Programs: JAL Metal Card (OWE), SAS Eurobonus Gold (*G), Marriott Titanium (LTP), Tokyu Hotels Platinum
Originally Posted by Duhh
As mentioned by CPH-Flyer, I tried to ask in the NRT lounge few months back for the NRT-SIN leg, they don't sell upgrades but they do offer at the walk-up fare from PEY.

I do know they sell PEY > J upgrades over the counter at JFK though, at $450 per person. You'll be given additional luggage allowance, but mileage accrual in the original fare class.
I was reminded, when they are overbooked, in Y or PY, they will try to sell the upgrades rather than give them away. So yeah, it could actually be offered. But it is then usually to monetise a challenge.
Duhh likes this.

Contact Us - Manage Preferences - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

This site is owned, operated, and maintained by MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Designated trademarks are the property of their respective owners.