Wiki Posts
Search

Award Booking

Search this Thread

Old Jun 7, 2019, 10:48 am
Original Poster

Award Booking

Hi everyone,

first time doing an award booking on ANA, so all feedbacks are welcomed!

Was trying to book from YUL to ICN, but I noticed that when I booked for 1 person, it offers the business class... but when I try for 2 persons, the business class option isn't available!
I checked the aeroplan award site for availabilities and I saw that Air Canada is offering the SAME flight (same time) for 2 for business class with aeroplan points.

So, I am wondering why I couldn't booked for 2 persons (business class)...
Is it becoz they limit business class bookings per account? Will it work if I contact them directly? If the same flight/time is available on aeroplan (star alliance), does it mean it is available on ANA as well?

My intention was to transfer my MR points to Ana program for the booking (2 persons). Should I create another ANA acct for my spouse to book the second business class ticket?

thank you!
Old Jun 7, 2019, 2:46 pm

Programs: AS MVP Gold
Welcome to FT!

Assuming the itinerary OP is looking at has at least on leg of flight operated by AC, then there would be a difference between ANA inventory (partner) and aéroplan inventory (self).
When you see an AC flight on ANA website, then it's partner, and then it is rather common that there is only one seat available. Your account is irrelevant and it would not make a difference even if you call.
Old Jun 8, 2019, 9:07 am

There is different award space for partners with many airlines. I don't know the specifics of your flights in question but all I can say is that the award space ANA has for the flights is simply different to the award space aeroplan has access to. You could try calling and see, but doubtful they can do anything.

Contact Us - Manage Preferences - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

This site is owned, operated, and maintained by MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Designated trademarks are the property of their respective owners.