Empty F LAX-NRT-LAX

Old Jun 5, 19, 9:53 am
Original Poster

Programs: AA EXP; Hyatt Globalist; Marriott Bonvoy Titanium Elite
Empty F LAX-NRT-LAX

When I flew this same route last may, the LAX-NRT route was full, but NRT-LAX was empty aside from me. I have another flight on the same route coming up next July (booked in January) and expected the outbound to fill up over time, but it's still empty as of today along with the return flight (I guess A1 is always pre-reserved). Is this common for ANA F to be empty? I'm not complaining, I had the full attention of the awesome NH FA staff, which made the experience that much better, but genuinely curious.
Old Jun 5, 19, 12:34 pm

Flew ANA F class in January and April this year LAX > HND (3 people) & HND > LAX (2 people) and LAX > NRT & NRT > LAX had myself and another passenger only both ways. It was nice, they would just setup the middle seats which were empty as my bed. Sat in K2 each time.
Old Jun 5, 19, 1:00 pm

Programs: ANA Diamond+SFC+1MM (NH*G), Hyatt Globalist, HHonors Diamond, IHG Spire Ambassador, Penn Club of NY
JFK flights usually have the highest load factor in F.

Could also be an indicator that activity is slowing and Japanese companies aren't shuffling their C-levels in F right now. In 2009-2010, F was frequently empty on NH 5/6, and the flight attendants would keep the curtains between C (then rows 3 and 5) and F open. Of course, nobody was allowed to sit up front, but it was a unique sight!
Old Jun 5, 19, 4:18 pm
Original Poster

Programs: AA EXP; Hyatt Globalist; Marriott Bonvoy Titanium Elite
Originally Posted by Drew523 View Post
Flew ANA F class in January and April this year LAX > HND (3 people) & HND > LAX (2 people) and LAX > NRT & NRT > LAX had myself and another passenger only both ways. It was nice, they would just setup the middle seats which were empty as my bed. Sat in K2 each time.
Same thing happened to me on the return flight last year. When I came back from a trip to the restroom, they had set up a bed in 1G and my seat was 1K and I could move between them at will.
Old Jun 5, 19, 6:52 pm

Interesting to hear about the low load. My wife and friend was in F for LAX-NRT-LAX this past mid March. I remember being surprised that she said it was 4/6 one segment and 5/6 the other.
Old Jun 5, 19, 8:02 pm

Flew NRT to LAX last April and it was just my wife and I in F. I never had the experience of the flight attendant making my bed in another seat before though. In fact they only have one portion of some of the appetizers so my wife and I had to choose different course, which was kind of annoying.
Old Jun 5, 19, 9:36 pm

Programs: AA Plat Pro, IHG Plat, Hertz PC
This is great, seeing as empty seats on AA fill up with NonRevs. Wish it was like this.
Old Jun 6, 19, 2:53 pm

Flew this route recently and LAX to NRT had 1 pax
NRT to LAX had 2.
Very light loads
Old Jun 7, 19, 2:44 pm

Programs: UA Plat
Flew a couple weeks ago NRT-ORD and it was just me plus one other passenger in first. Crew made up beds for both of us in separate seats. Really great experience!
Old Jun 8, 19, 8:30 pm

Programs: Hyatt Explorist, Hilton Diamond, Fortune Wings Club Gold
Flew LAX to HND and back in F, both had only one other passenger. It is amazing to have another F seat to sleep in always! Didn't have PJ's my size though.
Old Jun 8, 19, 9:42 pm

How's JFK's load lately?

Search this Thread