Go Back  FlyerTalk Forums > Miles&Points > Airlines and Mileage Programs > All Nippon Airways | ANA Mileage Club
Reload this Page >

ANA F/J award availability through VS - help with EF alerts?

Community
Wiki Posts
Search

Search this Thread

Old Apr 28, 2019, 5:18 pm
Original Poster

Hi all, first post here and thanks for the wealth of information already offered. I have what seems to be a lofty goal of trying to book two F or J round trip award tickets during late May 2020 between JFK and NRT/HND. F is preferred, though I'll gladly take J if it's only available, but most importantly, I'll need to use VS points via MR/UR transfers.

I figured the easiest way would be to set up some alerts on EF to find availability. From what I understand, VS only has access to NH saver level awards, so would it be best to set up alerts for UA? As an EF rookie, could someone please let me know how to properly set up alerts for my needs? Any help is much appreciated, and thanks so much in advance!
Old Apr 29, 2019, 8:54 am

When I booked my NH flight from JFK to HND , I noticed that availability is really sparse compared to ORD. Also tues, wed, thurs flights are your best bets. When i booked my flight J availability was nearly non existent from JFK so i had to settle for F. UA is your best bet in checking availability.

I don't know about EF since i didn't use it sorry I can't help there , good luck
Old Apr 29, 2019, 1:30 pm

Programs: AA Pro (mostly B6) OZ♦ (flying BR/UA), BA Silver Hyatt LT, Wynn Black, Cosmo Plat, Mlife Noir
It's not possible to set EF alerts for partner availability. You will have to set alerts for the NH flight and cross-check with UA (or another partner).
Old Apr 29, 2019, 4:06 pm
Original Poster

Understood, thanks gengar. And thanks for the tip, cm007d - I was definitely noticing a lot more availability both departures and returns on Tues-Thurs. Guess this will really be like playing the lotto.
Old Apr 29, 2019, 7:20 pm

Programs: Marriott Gold, Hilton Gold
Don't rule out IAD as option too. Of course, that will mean flying into NRT.
Old Apr 29, 2019, 7:37 pm
Original Poster

Originally Posted by dmjaffe
Don't rule out IAD as option too. Of course, that will mean flying into NRT.
Thanks! Will consider that along with ORD and IAH.
Old Apr 29, 2019, 9:11 pm

do not have to, it is hard to book but one year ahead of time, you can see good availability from ANA directly, especially you are preparing now. I would recommend to book only half way F, half way J as F is very expensive on ANA, but when you mixed, the amount of points required significant dropped. I know virgin costs less, but if you mixed, directly find it from ANA would be also an option.

Contact Us - Manage Preferences - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

This site is owned, operated, and maintained by MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Designated trademarks are the property of their respective owners.