Go Back  FlyerTalk Forums > Miles&Points > Airlines and Mileage Programs > All Nippon Airways | ANA Mileage Club
Reload this Page >

Can't add infant on domestic ticket in Japan with ANA?

Old Apr 7, 19, 3:27 pm
Original Poster

Programs: EuroBonus Diamond (SK); Hilton Diamond + few others

Hi there,

Trying to book a flight for my wife travelling with one child and one (lap) infant from NGO to NRT.

For some reason the infant option disappears when booking the domestic ticket on the ANA website. Is it because you don't need to add the infant to the booking on domestic tickets?
Old Apr 8, 19, 3:32 am

Programs: NH Diamond, JL JGC Diamond, BA Gold Guest List, CX Diamond
Originally Posted by EBGflyer View Post
Hi there,

Trying to book a flight for my wife travelling with one child and one (lap) infant from NGO to NRT.

For some reason the infant option disappears when booking the domestic ticket on the ANA website. Is it because you don't need to add the infant to the booking on domestic tickets?
Which ANA website ?
https://www.ana.co.jp/en/jp/ show a link 'Add a child'.
For NGO-NRT
Supervalue 75 shows 7250 JPY on 15 May.
Adding 1 infant shows same 7250 JPY(i.e, 0 JPY for infant), and shows infant name box on following screen.
Old Apr 8, 19, 5:35 am
Original Poster

Originally Posted by Wasabi Tofu View Post
Which ANA website ?
https://www.ana.co.jp/en/jp/ show a link 'Add a child'.
For NGO-NRT
Supervalue 75 shows 7250 JPY on 15 May.
Adding 1 infant shows same 7250 JPY(i.e, 0 JPY for infant), and shows infant name box on following screen.
I had problems with the ANA (EUR) site: https://www.ana.co.jp/en/eur/

I used the link you provided instead and booked with an infant without problems. Thanks
Old May 1, 19, 6:12 am
Original Poster

So I need to change my ticket to another day (NGO-NRT).

The Super Value Ticket that I bought apparently can't be changed, but I can get a refund. Supposedly, there is a 60 % of the fare charge to do so. Fair enough.

When I want to buy a new ticket on May13th or 14th, the price is much lower on the international ANA-website compared to the JP website. It's around 93,50/pax (total 187) on the international, but 272 EUR (34100 JPY) for the two on the Japanese website. Trying to book 1xadult, 1xchild and 1xinfant.

However, it's not possible to book an infant on the international website. It says, I don't need to book for the infant, but thinking it would be the best thing to do, not least because, we wan't to check-in and luggage through onwards on the SK flight to CPH.

Howcome fares are different on the international website and howcome I can only book infant on the Japanese site. Seems odd. Any explanation and advice= I obviously would like the lower fare, but also to have 1x adult, 1xchild and 1xinfant booked registered in the same booking.

Thanks,

Search this Thread