Wiki Posts
Search

US Number not answering

Search this Thread

Old Aug 13, 2018, 4:27 pm
Original Poster

Programs: OZ *G; HH Diamond;
US Number not answering

I was just on hold waiting for over 30 minutes on ANA's US number, without reaching anyone who can help booking award tickets.
This was around 3pm PDT on a Monday.
Any other phone number I should try?
Old Aug 13, 2018, 6:31 pm

Programs: ANA SFC (*G)
I would say Monday was Obon and maybe because of that they had no one (or only one) operating the phone?
Old Aug 13, 2018, 7:16 pm

Programs: NH
As Sodaisei wrote, it's obon from 13th to 15th actually.
Many people try to take vacation, but its not an official holiday (or should I say bank holiday).
But then again they have non-japanese staff too, so curious about the reason...
Old Aug 14, 2018, 2:08 am

Programs: ANA SFC (*G)
Originally Posted by CSCem
But then again they have non-japanese staff too, so curious about the reason...
Do they? Because every time I called their English phone I had the same Japanese lady with her broken English...
Old Aug 14, 2018, 2:25 am

Programs: AA Pro (mostly B6) OZ♦ (flying BR/UA), BA Silver Hyatt LT, Wynn Black, Cosmo Plat, Mlife Noir
I typically wait 20+ mins on hold with ANA (USA number) every time I've had to call. Pretty disappointing, tbh.
Old Aug 14, 2018, 2:26 am

Programs: NH
Honestly i visited some of their offices and yes they do have non-japanese staff. (Mostly sales and agents)
However i admit we are talking about a very very small percentage...
As for the phone, i also get each time a Japanese lady with broken English!
(i wondered in the beginning whether the native speakers were reserved for Diamond^)
Old Aug 15, 2018, 1:48 am

Programs: ANA Diamond+SFC+1MM (NH*G), Hyatt Globalist, HHonors Diamond, IHG Spire Ambassador, Penn Club of NY
There is a native English speaker named Alex who picks up when I call. Perhaps you could ask for him in the future, if the lady with the broken English picks up again!
Old Aug 17, 2018, 9:17 am
Suspended

Programs: AC SE100K-1MM, NH, DL, AA, BA, Global Entry/Nexus, APEC..
Hmmmm, I've had excellent experiences with one guy at ANA U.S. who I seem to get when I call the 1-800# (from up here in the Great White North ). As he once explained to me, you will get Japan or the U.S. depending on the time of day, eg. overnight when the U.S. is closed, you get Japan. If the Japanese call centre does not have staff who speak English well enough to communicate with customers who don't speak Japanese, well......

(anecdote: while many complain, I've had decent experience when calling SQ and getting the Cebu call centre, and excellent service when calling LX and getting Fiji. If you really want to have some fun, call AC. If you press 2 for French, you'll get a bilingual agent, if you press 1 for English, you can get anyone in any of their call centres, who may not have yet had their morning coffee - even if it's 15:00. )

Contact Us - Manage Preferences - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

This site is owned, operated, and maintained by MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Designated trademarks are the property of their respective owners.